“Stumbled in and we loved it” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
RockSteady Jamaican Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #297 of 687 Restaurants in Boca Raton
Cuisines: Seafood, Wine Bar
Good for: Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: NE 20th Street
Naples, Florida
“Stumbled in and we loved it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2014

Heading to two restaurants in boca last night to find then both closed down. We stumbled upon this place in a busy plaza. All the tables were occupied. Good sign. Acker sampler was ok. Bit dull. The crab cakes were better. Good atmosphere but with no coffee or tea. Something to do with a bad coffee harvest or maybe they just forgot to buy some from the wholesalers? Spicy chicken and shrimp was good. Rice and peas a little bland. Worth a try if you are passing.

“Five stars!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2014 via mobile

This small restaurant is large on flavor and atmosphere. We had the Rocksteady Sampler to start. It's a sampling of jerk chicken, curry Chicken, brown stew chicken, oxtail and curry goat. Ohmigosh! This appetizer with a side of yucca fries would be an excellent lunch. I had the gourmet shrimp rundown (fabulous... The medium heat was just enough to make my nose run) and my husband had the curry goat. All delicious! We'll be back!

• Visited October 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Orlando, Florida
“Raspberry Jerk Hot Wings”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2014

The raspberry jerk sauce on the hot wings was delicious. Between the three sauces used on the hot wings (Jerk, Raspberry Jerk and Buffalo) both jerk sauces had me coming back for more – love it. I love hot stuff and both sauces kept my lips burning but did not destroy my taste buds. I could not get enough, so good.

I will definitely be back on my next trip.

• Visited September 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Coconut Creek, Florida, USA
“Feels Like Jamaica, right here in Boca”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Friendly service, great food, all with a smile. I love visiting this restaurant! The food is authentic with an American Twist. Try the Jerk Chicken or the Oxtail, it will not disappoint.

Visited May 2014
Broadview Heights, Ohio
“Back to Jamaica”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

We went to both the Rocksteady Cafe and Bistro. Both times our meals were delicious and took us back to the times we spent in West End Negril Jamaica. At the Cafe my husband and I both had Brown stewed chicken with rice and peas, plantains and a veggie. So yummy! And Coco bread which is a sweet bread. At the Bistro we had Snapper Escovitch, I had my fillet and I do not like having the head of the fish looking at me. Again the food was very good. Both places had servers who knew the food, where from Jamaica and spent time talking to us about the areas in Jamaica. We will go back there again for sure! Oh, if you get a salad and want jerk dressing... only drizzle it on at first as it is VERY SPICY!!!!!

• Visited March 2014