“Hidden Gem” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
RockSteady Jamaican Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #281 of 695 Restaurants in Boca Raton
Cross street: NE 20th Street
Boca Raton, Florida
“Hidden Gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

My husband and I had an excellent dinner last night. Extremely helpful and friendly staff, relaxing atmosphere and live reggae music. The sampler app with oxtail, goat and other specialties was very tasty as was the Jerk Chicken dinner. The sauces are homemade and spicy, best I have ever had. Great selection of Caribbean Beers as well. We will be back, can't wait to try some of the other specialties.

• Visited August 2013

Fort Myers, Florida
“One of the best meals ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

My husband––who had eaten here with my son before––recommended RockSteady to me. When I looked the restaurant up online for directions from my hotel, I scoped out the menu, which featured a great selection. All afternoon I debated curry goat or oxtail stew, and when I got to the restaurant––which is really pretty––I still hadn't decided. The lovely and super-friendly server suggested I do both in a combo. I took her advice and...WOW. I'm an easy-to-please customer so the quality of the food could have been less and I'd have still been satisfied, but my meal was outstanding and the presentation was beautiful. Since my daughter will be attending college in Boca for the next four years, I can guarantee I'll be eating here again and again and again...

• Visited July 2013
Delray Beach, Florida
“NICE PLACE GREAT ATMOSPHERE!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

The food was good, friendly staff and the best is the place it self ,its a little Jamaica gateway thing....

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Pennsylvania
“Great Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

Went there tonight just as they were opening, had the luxury of having the staff to myself, They were friendly and accommodating, and the food was out of this world. Sort of wish I lived in Boca so I could go regularly. I cannot recommend RockSteady highly enough.

• Visited April 2013
Buffalo Grove, Illinois
“Get away to Jamaica in Boca!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

My wife and I were in town for a wedding. We knew that much of the food associated with the wedding would be very traditional. We read Trip Advisor and found Rock Steady Jamaican Bistro which was very close to where we were staying. What an awesome find! This small, clean, homey restaurant is a must visit! We told our server (who was awesome, so friendly and knowledgeable) that we wanted to try truly authentic Jamaican food and we would trust her recommendations. She suggested a sampler platter of jerk chicken, curry chicken, and brown stew chicken as one entree and the ackee and salt fish cod as the other. Both were fresh and delicious. The owner came over to meet us and explained his cooking philosophy which exactly mirrored my wife's view. Everything fresh, organic, and sustainable! Desert was not actually on the menu but it was out of this world. We shared a bread pudding that would rival any 5 star restaurant in New Orleans and also had a jerk ice cream unlike any thing I have ever tasted, sweet and spicey and just plain fabulous. This places ROCKS big time! Prices are reasonable, service is phenominal. On weekends there is live music. GO....what are ya waitin for man?

• Visited March 2013