“Great Drinks and A Fun Family Time on The Patio” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #237 of 633 restaurants in Boca Raton
Cuisines: German
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
“Great Drinks and A Fun Family Time on The Patio”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

If you like German Beer, Roasted Pig and Decent Food, while dining outdoors on a patio, then this is a great place.

I dine here regularly with my wife and 2 year old daughter. We all love the fresh giant homemade pretzel as an appetizer, and I'm a fan of German Beer. There are a couple of waitresses here that always seem to go out of their way to make the dining experience "special" for my daughter. Little things like bringing her a coloring book and colors as soon as she is seated, and even taping down the coloring book to the table so it doesn't blow away. (if you're a parent that likes to dine out, you know how little things like this make the meal go so muh smoother)

The food here is good, but not the best German food I've ever had. Personally, I feel like a little more "love" could go into preparing and seasoning the food, but overall the food is good.

The only area of improvement I would offer this restuarant, is to consider lowering your prices by 10%. It's just a little shocking when the lunch bill comes out to $50 with tip, and only one alcoholic beverage was purchased.

We'll continue to return here as a family and enjoy dining on the patio.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

59% Recommend
Albany, New York
“Awesome food, service and atmosphere!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

We ended up here on our last night in Boca. The atmosphere is lively and the beer selection is pretty good- especially if you enjoy German beer. The menu is amazing- real pierogies and 2 for 1 Schnitzel on Tuesdays! How can you go wrong? I highly recommend for a gathering of friends...good times!

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Coconut Creek, Florida
“First time and will definitely come back”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

I met some friends for drinks last night and decided on this place. I've always wanted to try but never had the opportunity. We arrived around 6 toward the end of happy hour which is 4-7 ( must remember for next time) and 10-12. Drinks are $4 for beer, $5 for mixed drinks and $6 for wine. Can't beat that deal, we order some apps -- got to try the pretzel awesome and the sliders were great. Want to go back with my kids and husband. If you are in the downtown boca raton area you definitely need to try. Will definitely go bak. Our waiter (Nick) was good in the beginning but was pulled away some of the time. When he came back he was attentive, personable and quick with our drinks. All and all we had a great time.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Florida
“Bad Food, Bad Management DO NOT EAT HERE!!!! EVER!!!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

Having belonged to an American-German club in NY, and having eaten in German restaurants in New York, Berline and Vienna, I was happy to see a biergarten in Boca.

Our first trip to the Biergarten about 3 months ago was great. Fine food, good service- a true biergarten.

The second trip about a month ago was on a Sunday afternoon and the spaetzel was overcooked and drowned in a vile disgusting gravy. The other night was the worst. It is hard to screw up saurbrauten... but they did... sadly the cow died in vain.

The most infuriating thing was when a guest became "physically inappropriate" with a waitress. Yet the management did nothing!!!! This occured as one of the party took FLASH PHOTOS!!! After a minute or so, a sober person in the party stopped it. But not once did the management do anything. It would appear this would be reason to ask the group to leave. The waitress was barely 21 and the assailant was at least 55. The young lady was our waitress, she came over to our table, at that point it became clear that she did not know thee people and was visibly shaken. When the person who took the photos tried to leave I blocked him and insisted that the photos be deleted. After a few choice words, they were. But once again- management did nothing. Staff who saw this thanked me.

I inquired of one of her coworkers if our waitress was okay, they explained she was taking a break to get her composure..... Once again management did not come to the table.

Anyone who frequents a restautant that tolerates this type of attitude by management condones it.

If there is any doubt as to the veracity of this review, I welcome management to check thier video tapes for the evening of 7-Dec-12 at about 18:00.

• Visited December 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Boynton Beach, Florida
“Excellent German beer, beautiful restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

I've been here a few times now, and always enjoyed myself. We usually just get some appetizers and focus heavily on the great draft selection. Happy hour is a great time to go, they cut their beer prices in half, also if you are looking for rare German beers on draft, this is the place to go.

• Visited August 2012