“Awesome food, service and atmosphere!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: German
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Albany, New York
“Awesome food, service and atmosphere!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

We ended up here on our last night in Boca. The atmosphere is lively and the beer selection is pretty good- especially if you enjoy German beer. The menu is amazing- real pierogies and 2 for 1 Schnitzel on Tuesdays! How can you go wrong? I highly recommend for a gathering of friends...good times!

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Boca Raton, Florida
“First time and will definitely come back”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

I met some friends for drinks last night and decided on this place. I've always wanted to try but never had the opportunity. We arrived around 6 toward the end of happy hour which is 4-7 ( must remember for next time) and 10-12. Drinks are $4 for beer, $5 for mixed drinks and $6 for wine. Can't beat that deal, we order some apps -- got to try the pretzel awesome and the sliders were great. Want to go back with my kids and husband. If you are in the downtown boca raton area you definitely need to try. Will definitely go bak. Our waiter (Nick) was good in the beginning but was pulled away some of the time. When he came back he was attentive, personable and quick with our drinks. All and all we had a great time.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Florida
“Bad Food, Bad Management DO NOT EAT HERE!!!! EVER!!!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

Having belonged to an American-German club in NY, and having eaten in German restaurants in New York, Berline and Vienna, I was happy to see a biergarten in Boca.

Our first trip to the Biergarten about 3 months ago was great. Fine food, good service- a true biergarten.

The second trip about a month ago was on a Sunday afternoon and the spaetzel was overcooked and drowned in a vile disgusting gravy. The other night was the worst. It is hard to screw up saurbrauten... but they did... sadly the cow died in vain.

The most infuriating thing was when a guest became "physically inappropriate" with a waitress. Yet the management did nothing!!!! This occured as one of the party took FLASH PHOTOS!!! After a minute or so, a sober person in the party stopped it. But not once did the management do anything. It would appear this would be reason to ask the group to leave. The waitress was barely 21 and the assailant was at least 55. The young lady was our waitress, she came over to our table, at that point it became clear that she did not know thee people and was visibly shaken. When the person who took the photos tried to leave I blocked him and insisted that the photos be deleted. After a few choice words, they were. But once again- management did nothing. Staff who saw this thanked me.

I inquired of one of her coworkers if our waitress was okay, they explained she was taking a break to get her composure..... Once again management did not come to the table.

Anyone who frequents a restautant that tolerates this type of attitude by management condones it.

If there is any doubt as to the veracity of this review, I welcome management to check thier video tapes for the evening of 7-Dec-12 at about 18:00.

• Visited December 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Boynton Beach, Florida
“Excellent German beer, beautiful restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

I've been here a few times now, and always enjoyed myself. We usually just get some appetizers and focus heavily on the great draft selection. Happy hour is a great time to go, they cut their beer prices in half, also if you are looking for rare German beers on draft, this is the place to go.

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
New York City, New York
“Not German food”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

My (German) boyfriend and I decided to check out Biergarten because my boyfriend was missing his mother's cooking. The interior reminded us more of an Irish restaurant than a German one, but that wasn't the annoying part. The food was overpriced and terrible. I didn't know you could mess up schnitzel so badly. Some of the worst schnitzel I've ever had was here. The live music was annoying, but the German music they played wasn't much better. My boyfriend said all the songs were typical drinking songs, but they played a few of the songs multiple times in a row, just different versions. The service wasn't good at all. The food was bland and did not remind me in any way of German food served at a typical German restaurant or in a German household. If you're looking for authentic German food, don't come here.

• Visited October 2012