“Inexpensive healthy choices” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Greek
Highland Beach, United States
“Inexpensive healthy choices”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

The Greek salad is excellent. The salad greens are always fresh as are the sweet and ripe tomatoes and tasty peppers. The feta cheese is sprinkled generously on top of the salad and so are the olives. Choices include the grilled chicken souvlaki which is mainly what I choose. I am not as much a fan of the gyros or their falafel. My husband always get the "sole of Greece" which he regularly enjoys.

Visited July 2014

Houston, Texas
“Great bang for the buck”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014 via mobile

Stopped here for lunch a couple of days ago. We ordered a salad with chicken and a shrimp platter. I forgot to ask for an extra water before the guy taking my order finalized it, but he was nice enough to let us just take one free.

The food didn't take too long to be ready, and when it got to our table, it was plentiful and delicious. My dad really enjoyed his salad (a feat, as he usually has one or two things to say against his food). My shrimp were good, but the fries with it were even better.

All in all, it was a good meal, and a very filling one considering the price.

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Fredonia, Kentucky
“It's Okay,”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

I've eaten here many times, treating the place like a fast food outlet. It has great value, nice options, the food tastes good and it's a local business. It literally hits on almost all cylinders. I recently ordered from them and was hoping to get a little bit more information before making my decision. I wasn't taking up anybody's time, the place wasn't packed out and most of their dishes only take 3-5 minutes to prepare at most, even when there are a ton of customers. I wanted to know about their fish, particularly the mahi. I asked if it was local and the guy on the phone had absolutely no idea. That was okay, I didn't mind that so much. I then proceeded to ask if it was fresh or frozen. This guy spoke perfect English with an American accent. I clearly asked and defined the terms fresh and frozen and he had no idea saying "I don't know, all of our food is fresh." This was stated in a tone of "why would you care?"
On another occasion I tried their delivery and it took them an hour to deliver a gyro .2 miles away. I'm a local concierge at a building that is a 30 second drive away and I can't leave the desk to pick it up. The driver cannot be on his way for longer than one minute before passing the building. Unacceptable.
The food is good, I'm not saying it isn't. But in the F+B business, it is imperative that you know the difference between fresh/frozen and whether or not you're selling local produce/meat. There are 10 other Mediterranean restaurants in the East Boca area that are very good. Al Tannour is pretty new and The Olive Tree just recently opened.

• Visited January 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Boca Raton, Florida
“slime in my drink.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014

So I ordered food and a frappe as I usually do. My coffee came very dark, but I normally don't complain so I let it go. I needed the caffeine so I just kept drinking it. When I was half way through my drink and went to stir it. White stuff in my drink started moving inside. When I looked at the bottom there was white gooey paper like stuff at the bottom. I thought it was straw paper so I took a piece out and it was stretchy and and gooey. Clearly not paper. I called and told him what I found in my drink. He said that my drink consists of milk, coffee, sugar etc.. and that is all he put in my drink. He said that he doesn't know what is in my frappe bc he is not here with me to see it. I took pictures in case I get sick, but he said there is nothing he can do. He said "it tasted ok didn't it".

• Visited February 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Columbus
“Great Lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014 via mobile

On our way out of BocA today we stopped here for a quick lunch. It was 'fast' but importantly it was very good food. Portions were very large and very good. We all three are very familiar with Greek food, and this was good. Great hummus, fries, greek salad and shrimp platter. Grape leaves were ok, not great. We also really enjoyed iced greek frappe. All in all, very good and friendly service too!

Visited January 2014