“Overall great property and value” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Wyndham Boca Raton Hotel

You added Wyndham Boca Raton Hotel to your Saves list
Wyndham Boca Raton Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1950 Glades Road, Boca Raton, FL 33431 (Formerly Wyndham Garden Hotel Boca Raton)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Plan Ahead, Save 25%
Ranked #13 of 26 Hotels in Boca Raton
Rhode Island
“Overall great property and value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2011

I stayed one night with my spouse and two adult daughters. I was pleasantly surprised to see a very nice propeerty, clean well decorated in and out. There was a small Starbucks Cafe and Bar on upper floor also, overlooking a classy courtyard with a pool. We were told there was an event on the property and it was sold out for the night. We expected it might be noisy. We never heard a sound. Our room was decorated with nice furniture in good condition and very clean. Bathroom was fine. Fron Desk Staff, bar and Cafe staff all relaxed and friendly, helpful.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
KenKaylor, General Manager at Wyndham Boca Raton Hotel, responded to this review, January 25, 2011
Thank you for your kind comments regarding your stay with us. I have them them with all our staff. We hope that you will have an opportunity to visit us again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
  • Turkish first
Tampa, FL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2011

Got a good rate from Hotwire so I decided to try this hotel. usually stay at Marriott just up the street. Parking was free and check in went smoothly. Upon settling into the room I noticed there was no Kleenex in the dispenser. Housekeeping was in the hall, but when I asked for Kleenex, they informed me that the entire hotel was out of Kleenex. A little strange , but no huge deal. Because I now inspect beds for bedbugs before unpacking, I pulled up the corner of the bed linnens and found no bed bugs, but did find a long black hair. Solved that issue by sleeping in the other bed. Doors are a bit thin and AC fan is lound, but neither interrupted my sleep. Next morning I discovered that the coffee maker in my room did not work. Bathroom was clean and functional. Closet was extremely odd in that you could not hang clothes and close the door, so I left it open. Overall, the hotel is an average "three bubble" that had a bad day when I visited.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
KenKaylor, General Manager at Wyndham Boca Raton Hotel, responded to this review, January 6, 2011
I am so sorry you experienced those challenges, which I have addressed at the housekeeping stand-up meeting this morning! There are certainly no excuses for any of the concerns you had. We pride ourselves in offering a good product with great service and at a good value. I appreciate your candid and thorough critique, and do hope that you will gives us another opportunity to serve you when you return to the Boca Raton area.
South Tampa & Gainesville, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2011

I just returned from a 2 night stay this past weekend at the Wyndham Garden Hotel. The rate was reserved via Hotwire for $53 a night before taxs. A rate that I think is very fair and very wise of the hotel for offering. This was the main fact I chose this hotel over my usual choices of Renaissance ($144) or Marriott at the Boca Mall ($139).

The location is about as good as possible within a few blocks of the interstate at Glades road making this hotel convenient for anywhere you wish to go in the area.

Upon Arriving I was not approached by a bellman or other staff so I went inside. Not a big deal at this price point or service level so I went inside.

I was quickly helped my Stephen at their front desk who was courteous and professional. Unfortunately they were out of King Bedrooms which was 100% my fault as hotwire does not promise either and I did not call before my day to request such as I normally do. I did inquire about an upgrade to a suite and was offered at $40 per night and although a little high for the difference, I accepted. I think the value added at this property was maybe worth $20 so dollars. He then called the bellman, Andrew who was quick to assist me with my luggage to my room.

Parking is complimentary and there seems to be plenty of it. Just watch out because the sprinklers there are pretty aggressive and if not careful can get your car wet. I did discover an underground parking garage thats mentioned little thats somewhat hidden on the side of the building. Be warned though if you have a very low sports car the entrance angle is steep and large suvs/trucks might not make clearance. Very nice they have this though!

The suite features a nice sitting area with separate TV unit, desk, sofa, bar with barstools and nice wet bar area complete with granite counter tops, microwave, and mini refrigerator which came in perfect for our wine and snacks. Although the bedroom is not closed off by a door or other partition it is down a hallway.

One particular thing I like about this hotel that some others might is that its pretty old architecture and style. This means its unique in design and features, not a 3 story, card board box like a lot of the 3 star hotels are today that i avoid if possible. And it was recently renovated so mostly everything is still fresh and nice.

Somethings I disliked about the hotel are to access the suites you must use an exterior corridor, not a big deal but I could see getting wet if it was raining etc. Also the windows and doors are on the thin/old side. I could easily hear approaching planes as they are near the airport and in the pattern. Also the AC fan is not possible to keep always on, I like the fan feature always on to circulate air and for background noise. Also the sprinklers being aggressive is both wasteful for their sake of water and for the customers sake as it spots the guests car. One thing did not bother me but might with some people is the vanity is not in the bathroom itself meaning it might lack privacy for some or prevent one person to get ready while the other is resting. These arent deal breakers but cons to the property.

Overall I recommend this property at the hotwire rate I paid and would recc. it to friends and stay again. However do I think its worth the best advertised price of $130 at my time of stay? Probably not when you can stay at the Renaissance or Marriott for $20 extra.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
KenKaylor, General Manager at Wyndham Boca Raton Hotel, responded to this review, January 5, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to give us such a thorough review. We really appreciate the feedback. I have shared your comments with all of our associates. Our next renovation will include the remodel of the suite bathroom area to address the privacy issue. My engineer is walking with our lanscape contractor to day to adjust the sprinklers, and I have asked the front desk and bellman to make mention of our below ground parking as guests check-in. In addition, we have a new restaurant concept which will be opening sometime in February to add more value to your stay. This will be our three meal a day restaurant and we run our room service out of there. Of course our Cafe will remain open for those wanting to catch a quick bite or Starbucks to go. I hope I have a chance to meet you in person on your next visit!
Inverness, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2011

The hotel was clean and the staff were attentive. The room had everything we needed to be comfortable. The hotel was conveniently located to the university, dining, and shopping.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Happy New Year and thank you for your kind remarks. I have shared them with all of our associates. We hope that you will have an opportunity to visit us again soon.
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2010

We had a lovely stay, great staff,pool and Starbucks cafe in the hotel

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
KenKaylor, General Manager at Wyndham Boca Raton Hotel, responded to this review, December 31, 2010
Thank you for your very kind comments! I will share them with all of the associates. Happy New Year and we all hope to see you again soon!
Lakeland, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2010

Excellent service. Gorgeous room and comfortable bed. Great location right off I-95. I will definitely be back to stay again. Extra clean and upscale!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled solo
KenKaylor, General Manager at Wyndham Boca Raton Hotel, responded to this review, December 14, 2010
Thank you for the kind comments which I have shared with the staff. We look forward to your next visit!
new york
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2010

I can't say enough about my recent stay at this hotel. The hotel is older, but recently redone but the staff was FANTASTIC. The pool area was very nice (although a little loud from the small airport nearby) the location was great near many restaurants and close to I-95.
When in boca, i would absolutely return.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I look forward to meeting you in person on a future visit.

Been to Wyndham Boca Raton Hotel? Share your experiences!