“Hotel was good. Stayed just one night was it was...” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Wyndham Boca Raton Hotel

Save Saved
You added Wyndham Boca Raton Hotel to your Saves list
Wyndham Boca Raton Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1950 Glades Road, Boca Raton, FL 33431 (Formerly Wyndham Garden Hotel Boca Raton)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Plan Ahead, Save 25%
Ranked #11 of 26 hotels in Boca Raton
Boca Raton
“Hotel was good. Stayed just one night was it was...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

Hotel was good. Stayed just one night was it was good...bathroom and room was very nice....I think the beds are too soft and need to have more firm mattresses.

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

683 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
  • Turkish first
West Palm Beach, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

Upon checking in, I was impressed by the overall spa-like ambiance of this Wyndham location. All of the public areas, in fact, felt like they were designed specifically to emulate a spa environment that is geared for rest and relaxation. I could tell they were still finishing a renovation, but not having visited there before, I couldn't say how much of this was new and how much was a holdover from beforehand.

The location is conveniently very close to I-95 off of Glades Road in Boca Raton, but I didn't sense any overt traffic noise. Parking is free, and at this time of year, was also plentiful. They appear to have a hotel shuttle, though I didn't check in to where they would shuttle guests to and from. Wifi, both wired and wireless is free of charge throughout the hotel....a nice change to see at a hotel of the level where they normally charge $12-17 per day. The Wifi was stable, fast, and best of all, free!

I was also pleasantly surprised to see business centers on both the first and second floors that could be used free of charge, both for computer access and printing. No nickel and dime-ing here, which was a very nice surprise. Each of these business centers were also where there were shelves full of loaner books to read, in case you didn't have, or ran out of reading material.

The pool was back in commission, as the notification on the Priceline website had indicated it was out of service until just a few days before my arrival. I had called ahead to check that it would be up and running, and indeed it was. There was still evidence that they had not completed renovations, but it looks promising, and I think it will be quite lovely when it is finished. I noticed signage that indicated they offer yoga classes right there on site, which I am sure will be of interest to many.....there is also an on-site fitness center to be used free of charge.

Check-in was quick and easy, and they had no problem accepting a $50 cash deposit for incidentals in lieu of a credit card (After having had my card erroneously charged at other hotels in the past, this is a particular preference of mine). They also had availability to put me in a room closer to the elevator at my request, which is important to me as a solo traveler. My room overlooked the center courtyard where the pool is, in fact most of the rooms in the hotel seem to have this view. Mine was a room with two Queen beds, both of which were as luxurious and comfy as one could possibly want Wyndham beds to be.

The room also had a coffee machine with enough supplies for a couple cups of the stuff. Not being of the coffee drinking culture, I didn't partake, but I imagine that most will enjoy that offering. The TV was a large, flat panel screen, and had the typical hotel selection of channels.

Room service is apparently done via the Red steak room restaurant on site, but the menu I saw had pretty pricey selections. Not exactly my personal preference for a room service menu, and I would hope that they will add a more reasonably priced room service menu in addition to the high priced offerings that I saw.

I spent some time chilling outside near the pool deck, which was nicely serene in comparison to many of the hotel pool atmospheres I have encountered in the past. A nice change from the manufactured "Florida tiki" type ambiance and accompanying music that is frequently part of South Florida hotel pools. Much more relaxing!

I requested late check out, which after a quick check on availability, was cheerfully provided. I stopped at the cafe on the 2nd floor to grab a pannini style croissant and a beverage after checkout, and it was very tasty, to be sure. They seem to offer a selection of coffee drinks and flowering teas that will no doubt delight many, as well as a selection of sandwiches and pastries.

Checkout was as easy breezy as check in, and I must say I would not have any qualms about staying there again, and would highly recommend the location for any friends, family, or business associates to stay there in the future.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Palm Coast, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

we stayed here from 7/3-7/7/2013, this hotel is an absolute a plus for the money i am paying for. you can not ask for better deal. The check-in/ check-out was really quick, friendly & helpful guest services. The rooms doesn't equipt with fridge or microwave. But, if you need one..you just have to pick up a phone and call the front desk. although, the size of the room is a bit small, and the bed itself i believed is a full size. the room is nice and clean, no wet carpet or pet odor and that's a plus for us, bc my husband's allergy is just unbelievable. Fresh towels and room cleaned everyday. the only negative thing i had for this hotel is that you can hear ppl talk in the hall way, as if they're in the room with you. i guess ppl need to learn how to control their volume!! on the other note: the pool is open, but the construction is still going on. the pool area will look fabulous once the construction is done with. all in all we had a comfortable & enjoyable stay. we will definitely stay here again!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Anaheim Hills, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

It's really simple.....

Providing the best customer service experience is what differentiates one hotel from another.
This Wyndham has gone through an extensive renovation, especially to the pool area. During the renovation process, the staff, and especially Anamary Olivares provided consummate customer service.....and that was WAY BEYOND what one would ordinarily expect.
I am anxious to stay at this Wyndham on my next visit to Boca Raton.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that overlooks the pool/patio area.
Orlando, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

We booked this hotel because it had suite rooms. First impressions matter and check- in was very friendly and efficient. After check-in, however, we were not impressed. To get to our suite, we had to navigate our way up the elevator, through a small coffee/tea cafe, out a doorway onto an outside walkway reminiscent of a motel...... This walkway presents a glimpse of more bad impressions to come. Our 2 room suite greets us in dark, depressing colors and furniture. We settle in and are glad that wifi is quickly accessed and2 large TVs are in working order.

The bedroom is obviously a renovation of its former life as a hotel room. The vanity/sink is in the main room making it impossible to use without disturbing anyone who may still be sleeping.
The bathroom with toilet and tub/shower has just enough room to turn around but only with the door closed.

Back in the sitting room we cannot help but compare the small kitchenette area to another hotel chain we had just checked out of that morning and this suite fails on every comparison. A small refrigerator does not even open wide enough to fit in the shelves it has in it. The coffee maker is no better than one at a very cheap motel on the interstate. To get ice we must walk down the outside corridor, through the cafe, and take the elevator one floor up or down!

This hotel is obviously trying to live up to its reputation....first class toiletries and robes hanging in the closet.

But we would never recommend or stay here again. Drive a few miles beyond the interstate and get value for your money.

Room Tip: Suite rooms have a balcony overlooking the pool area, but with some street noise in the sitting room...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Wyndham Boca Raton Hotel? Share your experiences!