“50/50 You can find something else...” 3 of 5 stars

2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3400 Airport Road, Boca Raton, FL 33431   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #16 of 26 hotels in Boca Raton
GreenLeadersBronze level
“50/50 You can find something else...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

On the heels of our last few days in Florida, we found this place online. Mainly because we had made a choice in the beginning for staying at the Hotel in Boynton Beach and wouldn't be returning there.

We get there from Orlando and the rooms were said to be ready at 3 we didn't get in to the room until 4:15. Thus we had a grumpy 16 month old that we had to chance out in the kitchen/breakfest area because they don't have those baby changing things.

Staff almost cold. No one except the person at the from desk speaks English. so its hard to notify anyone of anything.

The rooms are very nice. Big comfortable beds and room to move. Highly of the room is that on the bad side is a mini airport, but its really quiet. Breakfast is standard and chances from morning to morning. Constant problems with Wi-Fi..and the excuse is that "we'll get some one on our electrical team take a look at it" (really!?!) And I am not quite sure if there is something wrongs with the rooms but when you walk in and find a dehumidifier running in the room, its not good.

Overall, its a place to stay and there are constant teenagers running in and out of the place since its right next to FAU. Consider other options if there are any.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Maggie P, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Boca Raton, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Dear FavoriteVlogger,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and appreciate you taking the time to write your review. I sincerely apologize for the issues with the WIFI, we are currently in the middle of an internet upgrade throughout the entire hotel. I'm glad that you found the room very clean and comfortable. To ease any concerns, we have recently renovated all of our rooms and there are dehumidifiers in all of them due to the humidity in South Florida.
I'm sorry if you felt the staff, aside from the front desk, to be almost cold, definitely not our intention as we take pride in giving the best customer service possible in hopes that each and every guest has an enjoyable stay. I would also like to apologize if you were inconvenienced by some of our younger guests. Our usual clientele consists of business travelers but due to the holiday week and summer months we also host families on vacation.
Thank you again for your review and hope you will consider staying with us again in the future.

136 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Allentown, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

We were in town for one night for a family event. We got to the hotel early (before 12 noon) and there were no rooms ready, which is understandable. They had a list of places we could go to eat and when we got back they had a room for us. The room was clean, but small and had a separate de-humidifier which was extremely loud but turning it off made the room too humid; guess that explains why it was there. The TV was not working - the DirecTV that is; most channels didn't come in. They sent maintenance up, claimed they reset something then said it was a DirecTV issue and they called it in. Still never worked by the time we checked out but we weren't there for TV anyway. Breakfast was ok though the juices were all watery. For the same $ I'd probably find a Courtyard or Hampton next time though

Dear Kamachine,

First I'd like to thank you for taking the time to write your review, any and all comments are very much appreciated. I'm happy to know that you found the room to be clean and we do have dehumidifiers in all the rooms due to the humidity here in South Florida. As you noticed when turning it off, they do really help. I've often thought of purchasing one for my home for the same reason. I do apologize that some of the satellite channels were not working. We have contacted Direct Tv about the issue and they have resolved the problem. The staff tries very hard to make sure all of our valued guests, such as yourself, have a comfortable and enjoyable stay. We hope that you will give us another chance the next time you are in the Boca Raton area. We also have Suites that are larger than the standard rooms...ask about rates or a possible upgrade if available.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

Beds are not comfortable, they claim to be pillow top but they are flat as a rock,
hotel staff just walk in your room without permission, nore do they pay attention to the DO NOT DISTURB SIGN,
even when you call the front desk and tell them no service needed they still come to give service.
They have a maintance man "Radames Plaza" that is very creepy, and walks around the hotel doing suspisious things.
The management do not do their job very well as far as keeping their employees in line with being respectful.

• Stayed July 2013
Quincy, IL
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

Trust me do not stay here the staff and managers are jerks and will screw you over one way or another. Including locking you out of your room during your stay and requiring you to put a new card on file while your items and belonging are locked in the room.

Reynoldsburg, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

This hotel was central to my events while in Florida fir the weekend! I was able to navigate well back and forth in traffic to Fort Lauderdale ,then to Palm Beach and back. The hotel created a wonderful at home feeling plus the warmth of the staff helped tremendously. My sister and I was very happy to be in this warm and safe environment.

Green Features: Temperatures were set to save energy. There were two two types of garbage option; one for waste and the other for recycling.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Maggie P, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Boca Raton, responded to this review, June 23, 2013
Dear SherrylAnnJames,

Thank you so much for your 5 star review! We appreciate any and all comments and the time you've taken to write them. I am so happy that you felt at home while staying with us and that you found the staff to be warm and helpful! We look forward to your next visit!
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here several times in the past because it was one of the few hotels in the area that didn't charge a pet fee. Apparently starting Monday June 3rd they charge a $50 pet fee. I had stayed here memorial day weekend with my dog and checked in no problem. However when I arrived on the 12th the front desk manager didn't tell me about the new policy until 5 minutes after I checked in and I was bringing my bags up to the room despite the fact that my dog was sitting right in front of him when I checked in. He told me there was no flexibility in waiving the fee even though their website wasn't updated with their new policy.

• Stayed June 2013
Dear frankg8r,

First I'd like to thank you for taking the time to write your review. I do sincerely apologize that our new Pet Cleaning Fee was an inconvenience and not explained to you properly or at the correct moment. We have been updating all of the websites with the new policy, unfortunately these things take a little time to update. Although, our new Pet Cleaning Fee stands firm, I invite you to please contact me the next time you are interested in staying with us and I will be happy to work something out with you.
Auburn, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

We decided we would try a new beach out and we decided on Boca Raton. This hotel is not on the beach, but it is a short and scenic 5 minute drive to the beaches. Brandon at the front desk is a very friendly face and remembers who you are each and every time you pass by. The other staff is great too. Miss Maggie who works the breakfast area is a super sweet lady. My 2 year old has been a little accident prone lately and gets upset about it. Miss Maggie did everything she could to help us clean up the mess and get a new item. Great hotel, great value, but the staff is the best part.

Room Tip: higher rooms have much better view, but rooms over the pool are subject to loud noises