“Served its purpose but probably could have done better” 3 of 5 stars

Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #16 of 26 Hotels in Boca Raton
GreenLeadersBronze level
Allentown, New Jersey
“Served its purpose but probably could have done better”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

We were in town for one night for a family event. We got to the hotel early (before 12 noon) and there were no rooms ready, which is understandable. They had a list of places we could go to eat and when we got back they had a room for us. The room was clean, but small and had a separate de-humidifier which was extremely loud but turning it off made the room too humid; guess that explains why it was there. The TV was not working - the DirecTV that is; most channels didn't come in. They sent maintenance up, claimed they reset something then said it was a DirecTV issue and they called it in. Still never worked by the time we checked out but we weren't there for TV anyway. Breakfast was ok though the juices were all watery. For the same $ I'd probably find a Courtyard or Hampton next time though

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Maggie P, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Boca Raton, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Dear Kamachine,

First I'd like to thank you for taking the time to write your review, any and all comments are very much appreciated. I'm happy to know that you found the room to be clean and we do have dehumidifiers in all the rooms due to the humidity here in South Florida. As you noticed when turning it off, they do really help. I've often thought of purchasing one for my home for the same reason. I do apologize that some of the satellite channels were not working. We have contacted Direct Tv about the issue and they have resolved the problem. The staff tries very hard to make sure all of our valued guests, such as yourself, have a comfortable and enjoyable stay. We hope that you will give us another chance the next time you are in the Boca Raton area. We also have Suites that are larger than the standard rooms...ask about rates or a possible upgrade if available.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

Beds are not comfortable, they claim to be pillow top but they are flat as a rock,
hotel staff just walk in your room without permission, nore do they pay attention to the DO NOT DISTURB SIGN,
even when you call the front desk and tell them no service needed they still come to give service.
They have a maintance man "Radames Plaza" that is very creepy, and walks around the hotel doing suspisious things.
The management do not do their job very well as far as keeping their employees in line with being respectful.

• Stayed July 2013
Quincy, IL
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

Trust me do not stay here the staff and managers are jerks and will screw you over one way or another. Including locking you out of your room during your stay and requiring you to put a new card on file while your items and belonging are locked in the room.

Reynoldsburg, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

This hotel was central to my events while in Florida fir the weekend! I was able to navigate well back and forth in traffic to Fort Lauderdale ,then to Palm Beach and back. The hotel created a wonderful at home feeling plus the warmth of the staff helped tremendously. My sister and I was very happy to be in this warm and safe environment.

Green Features: Temperatures were set to save energy. There were two two types of garbage option; one for waste and the other for recycling.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Maggie P, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Boca Raton, responded to this review, June 23, 2013
Dear SherrylAnnJames,

Thank you so much for your 5 star review! We appreciate any and all comments and the time you've taken to write them. I am so happy that you felt at home while staying with us and that you found the staff to be warm and helpful! We look forward to your next visit!
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here several times in the past because it was one of the few hotels in the area that didn't charge a pet fee. Apparently starting Monday June 3rd they charge a $50 pet fee. I had stayed here memorial day weekend with my dog and checked in no problem. However when I arrived on the 12th the front desk manager didn't tell me about the new policy until 5 minutes after I checked in and I was bringing my bags up to the room despite the fact that my dog was sitting right in front of him when I checked in. He told me there was no flexibility in waiving the fee even though their website wasn't updated with their new policy.

• Stayed June 2013
Dear frankg8r,

First I'd like to thank you for taking the time to write your review. I do sincerely apologize that our new Pet Cleaning Fee was an inconvenience and not explained to you properly or at the correct moment. We have been updating all of the websites with the new policy, unfortunately these things take a little time to update. Although, our new Pet Cleaning Fee stands firm, I invite you to please contact me the next time you are interested in staying with us and I will be happy to work something out with you.
Auburn, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

We decided we would try a new beach out and we decided on Boca Raton. This hotel is not on the beach, but it is a short and scenic 5 minute drive to the beaches. Brandon at the front desk is a very friendly face and remembers who you are each and every time you pass by. The other staff is great too. Miss Maggie who works the breakfast area is a super sweet lady. My 2 year old has been a little accident prone lately and gets upset about it. Miss Maggie did everything she could to help us clean up the mess and get a new item. Great hotel, great value, but the staff is the best part.

Room Tip: higher rooms have much better view, but rooms over the pool are subject to loud noises
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Maggie P, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Boca Raton, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Dear truefan7,

I hope you enjoyed your time at the beach here in Boca Raton. Brandon and Maggie B. are going to be so happy once they read your review! I'm so glad to know that they made your stay comfortable and enjoyable. I want you to know that we appreciate you taking the time to write your review. We hope to see you again real soon!
Ormond Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

I've recently taken several trips to Boca to visit the market office of my company and each time I've stayed at this property. It is perfect for what I need after a long day at the office. The rooms are very comfortable and, for being right next to the interstate and adjacent to a business airport, it is very quiet! Breakfast has recently been upgraded from continental to a full hot breakfast and it is delicious. Only thing that would make it better would be mini fridges and microwaves in every room, but that would not be a reason for me to choose a different place to stay.

Room Tip: If you need a mini fridge, ask ahead while booking. I've stayed 3 times, but only had a mini fr...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Maggie P, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Boca Raton, responded to this review, June 2, 2013
Dear laurynburton42,

It makes my heart smile to know that you feel at home while staying with us. I'm glad you've enjoyed the new hot breakfast items, it's a great way to start the morning. We have recently renovated and now all of our rooms have fridges and the suites have both fridge and microwave. Thank you for staying with us many times and we look forward to your return. We also appreciate you taking the time for writing such a wonderful review and rating us 5 stars! Thank you!

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Boca Raton? Share your experiences!