“Great place to relax before boarding cruise in Miami” 5 of 5 stars

Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #17 of 26 Hotels in Boca Raton
GreenLeadersBronze level
Salisbury,N.C.
“Great place to relax before boarding cruise in Miami”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

We needed a place to stay close to Port of Miami. The closer you get to Miami the worse the reviews so we decided on Boca Raton . Great staff,very clean. Small airport behind the hotel thought it would be noisy,never heard the planes or i95 unless we were outside. The heated pool was awesome and the pool area was so clean. Breakfast was good. Staff was helpful and printed directions to a walmart for us.

Room Tip: We stayed on the interstate side. We couldn't hear it at all.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Maggie P, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Boca Raton, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Dear danandleona
Thank you for choosing to stay with us in beautiful Boca Raton and for taking the time to write such a lovely review. I am happy to know that you had a pleasant stay, found the staff to be helpful and enjoyed the breakfast. We hope you’ll choose to stay with us again the next time you visit South Florida. Looking forward to your return!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

For the rate I paid for the property, it met expectations. It has a good location on I-95 between Miami and Ft. Lauderdale. Well suited for where I need to be for the wedding events I had attended.

The rooms were average. There were de-humidifiers in each room to help with the mugginess of South Florida. Definitely a necessity for the building. The lobby area was bright and airy. Thought the free continental breakfast was good. Free wi-fi is also a plus. No real complaints.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
HamptonInnPortsmouth, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn & Suites Boca Raton, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Greetings Brichter24,
Thank you for your review and your business. We are glad to hear that our hotel was able to meet your expectations! We are glad you found everything to be well suited for your needs and that you were able to take advantage of our free wifi and breakfast! Anytime you are in the Boca Raton area please let us know. We would love to have you stay at our hotel. Thanks again for everything and happy travels.
Davis, West Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

This hotel has major problems and is not fit to be a Marriott hotel. We reserved 2 rooms. Both had portable dehumidifiers. Both were completely full and had shut off when we arrived. In one of the rooms the humidity was 80% and it was about 90 degrees. The phones in the room didn't work. I had to walk down to the lobby to get the desk clerk. He came up to the rooms and emptied the dehumidifiers and assured me the humidity and temperature would improve shortly. The dehumidifiers did help, but were extremely noisy and had to be shut off at night. Unbelievably, on the day we checked out we found a mushroom growing on the carpet in the room. These rooms are unsafe for occupancy. If you have allergies to mold you will end up hospitalized if you stay here. There is no excuse for a any hotel to put people in these rooms. They claim they will be renovating soon. Make sure you don't book here until they are done because I am certain they will not warn you when you make the reservation.

Room Tip: don't stay here until it has been remodeled
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Maggie P, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Boca Raton, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Dear SkymistJeanne,
Thank you for taking the time to express your feelings and comments, it truly helps us to better the quality and comfort for all of our guests. I sincerely apologize for the condition of your room. The team gathered for a meeting, which included the Executive Housekeeper, Chief Engineer, & Management, to discuss the situation and perform preventative maintenance so that this does not occur in the future. Unfortunately, humidity is very present in S. FLA which is why we found it necessary to have dehumidifiers in the room. I also apologize for the dehumidifiers not being emptied ,this has also been addressed in our meeting. I am happy to say that in just a few short weeks we will, in fact, start full renovations on the guest rooms. I am very appreciative to the Front Desk staff that they were able to help you in the smallest way as we do pride ourselves in giving the best customer service possible. Again, I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you and I hope you will stay with us again in the future.
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

Stayed there for 4 nights for business, which was located throughout Broward and Palm Beach counties. The hotel was the perfect location for that area, easy on and off I-95. The staff was exceptional for any hotel, very helpful and accomodating, from making the reservation online on to checking out, would use the word outstanding! I did have a fridge and microwave, which was given upon my request. Hotel was clean, bed was comfortable. Zero complaints and would highly recommend for all travellers.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
HamptonInnPortsmouth, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn & Suites Boca Raton, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
Hello edwardNsandra,

Thank you for staying with us for 4 nights on business. Thank you for taking time to write a review about our property. We are so happy that you found our location to be perfect, the staff exceptional, and everything outstanding. We are so thrilled that you found zero complainants and thank you for recommending us! We would love to have you stay with us again.
Boca Raton, Florida, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

We moved to this hotel from the not recomended LQ in Dearfield. Pet Friendly at no charge. Very plesant employees, clean rooms, nice pool and spa area. No frig or microwave in room was the only thing we missed. When traveling we bring drinks and snacks as most people (I think) do however had ice chest in hand and they did have a free Ice machine and micro in lobby (didn't use) I assume there would be no problem to use. Back to the staff they were just GREAT!!!! Will be staying again when visiting family in Boca!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
HamptonInnPortsmouth, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn & Suites Boca Raton, responded to this review, July 30, 2012
Dear jmsylvia,
I hope this finds you well. I wanted to reach out to you and thank you for your review and choosing to stay at our property. I am very excited that you found our staff, rooms, and pool area pleasant. Every staff member we have tries to go above and beyond for each guest while they are with us. We have mini refrigerators and microwaves in our suites. We also have a limited number of mini refrigerators and microwaves that can be requested to be put into our standard rooms. Next time in the area we would love for you to stay with us again (let us know ahead of time and we will make sure to put a refrigerator and microwave in your room before arrival). Thanks again for your support and review!
Miami, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

Staff were incredibly nice. Property is nice and in good shape. Rooms however aren't clean - even after switching rooms, I found ants in the bathroom and hairs on the sheets (as if they hadn't been changed between guests)..... Overall a mixed bag - I'd try elsewhere as the hair on the bed and ants in the bathroom are NOT a good sign.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
HamptonInnPortsmouth, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn & Suites Boca Raton, responded to this review, July 23, 2012
Dear Waterguy1,
Thank you for taking time to write this review. Your comments and feedback is very important to us. We are thrilled that you found our staff nice and the facility nice and good shape. We are sadden to hear that you were unhappy with the cleanliness of the rooms. I have shown and reviewed your comments and feedback to the Executive Housekeeper & Chief Engineer. We have completed extra training session with all of our housekeepers to make sure our rooms are 100% clean and fresh for all of our guests. Cleanliness is our top priority to all of our staff member and we will make sure this does not happen again. Again, we appreciate your feedback and your business. We hope that you will give us another chance the next time you are in Boca Raton.
Hartford, CT
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

Checked in for a quick one-night stay due to a transformer being out at our friend's house. What a disappointment. Hotel is near (as in, right next to) a small community airport. Checked in at night--did not appear to be the safest neighborhood in town. Had 2 kids with me and it was pouring rain. Got a room right off the lobby (#124, I think) that smelled awful. My child was already asleep by the time I was able to talk to the front desk & report the mildew-like smell coming from the A/C unit. They offered room spray. I took it & deodorized as best I could. Slept OK, bathroom was great, larger than most. Got a quick breakfast the next morning and booked out of there. Was asked about my stay on my way out the door. Told them about smell. Told them it would prohibit me from staying here again. Apology offered but no discount, coupon or other remuneration offered. I am a M. Rewards member and try to stay at a M. hotel when possible. So disappointed. The breakfast staff did not reply when greeted. Everyone (staff & guests) seemed unhappy here.

Room Tip: Check out another hotel closer to center of town. It would be worth the $ to be in a better neighbo...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn & Suites Boca Raton, responded to this review, July 2, 2012
Dear JennCollins,
I am sorry to hear that you were disappointed with the stay at our hotel. Thank you for taking the time to write the review and provide this feedback for us. This information has been passed onto the Regional Director of Operations. Your feedback is so important to us and we never want to disappoint any of our guests. We are working together as a team to fix all of the problems you had mentioned in your review. We hope that you will give us a try again in the future so we can show you our hospitality. Thank you again for your business and providing us with your feedback.

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Boca Raton? Share your experiences!