“Nice hotel, great staff” 4 of 5 stars

Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #18 of 26 Hotels in Boca Raton
GreenLeadersBronze level
Orlando, Florida
“Nice hotel, great staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

Stayed there for 4 nights for business, which was located throughout Broward and Palm Beach counties. The hotel was the perfect location for that area, easy on and off I-95. The staff was exceptional for any hotel, very helpful and accomodating, from making the reservation online on to checking out, would use the word outstanding! I did have a fridge and microwave, which was given upon my request. Hotel was clean, bed was comfortable. Zero complaints and would highly recommend for all travellers.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
HamptonInnPortsmouth, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn & Suites Boca Raton, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
Hello edwardNsandra,

Thank you for staying with us for 4 nights on business. Thank you for taking time to write a review about our property. We are so happy that you found our location to be perfect, the staff exceptional, and everything outstanding. We are so thrilled that you found zero complainants and thank you for recommending us! We would love to have you stay with us again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Boca Raton, Florida, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

We moved to this hotel from the not recomended LQ in Dearfield. Pet Friendly at no charge. Very plesant employees, clean rooms, nice pool and spa area. No frig or microwave in room was the only thing we missed. When traveling we bring drinks and snacks as most people (I think) do however had ice chest in hand and they did have a free Ice machine and micro in lobby (didn't use) I assume there would be no problem to use. Back to the staff they were just GREAT!!!! Will be staying again when visiting family in Boca!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
HamptonInnPortsmouth, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn & Suites Boca Raton, responded to this review, July 30, 2012
Dear jmsylvia,
I hope this finds you well. I wanted to reach out to you and thank you for your review and choosing to stay at our property. I am very excited that you found our staff, rooms, and pool area pleasant. Every staff member we have tries to go above and beyond for each guest while they are with us. We have mini refrigerators and microwaves in our suites. We also have a limited number of mini refrigerators and microwaves that can be requested to be put into our standard rooms. Next time in the area we would love for you to stay with us again (let us know ahead of time and we will make sure to put a refrigerator and microwave in your room before arrival). Thanks again for your support and review!
Miami, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

Staff were incredibly nice. Property is nice and in good shape. Rooms however aren't clean - even after switching rooms, I found ants in the bathroom and hairs on the sheets (as if they hadn't been changed between guests)..... Overall a mixed bag - I'd try elsewhere as the hair on the bed and ants in the bathroom are NOT a good sign.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
HamptonInnPortsmouth, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn & Suites Boca Raton, responded to this review, July 23, 2012
Dear Waterguy1,
Thank you for taking time to write this review. Your comments and feedback is very important to us. We are thrilled that you found our staff nice and the facility nice and good shape. We are sadden to hear that you were unhappy with the cleanliness of the rooms. I have shown and reviewed your comments and feedback to the Executive Housekeeper & Chief Engineer. We have completed extra training session with all of our housekeepers to make sure our rooms are 100% clean and fresh for all of our guests. Cleanliness is our top priority to all of our staff member and we will make sure this does not happen again. Again, we appreciate your feedback and your business. We hope that you will give us another chance the next time you are in Boca Raton.
Hartford, CT
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

Checked in for a quick one-night stay due to a transformer being out at our friend's house. What a disappointment. Hotel is near (as in, right next to) a small community airport. Checked in at night--did not appear to be the safest neighborhood in town. Had 2 kids with me and it was pouring rain. Got a room right off the lobby (#124, I think) that smelled awful. My child was already asleep by the time I was able to talk to the front desk & report the mildew-like smell coming from the A/C unit. They offered room spray. I took it & deodorized as best I could. Slept OK, bathroom was great, larger than most. Got a quick breakfast the next morning and booked out of there. Was asked about my stay on my way out the door. Told them about smell. Told them it would prohibit me from staying here again. Apology offered but no discount, coupon or other remuneration offered. I am a M. Rewards member and try to stay at a M. hotel when possible. So disappointed. The breakfast staff did not reply when greeted. Everyone (staff & guests) seemed unhappy here.

Room Tip: Check out another hotel closer to center of town. It would be worth the $ to be in a better neighbo...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn & Suites Boca Raton, responded to this review, July 2, 2012
Dear JennCollins,
I am sorry to hear that you were disappointed with the stay at our hotel. Thank you for taking the time to write the review and provide this feedback for us. This information has been passed onto the Regional Director of Operations. Your feedback is so important to us and we never want to disappoint any of our guests. We are working together as a team to fix all of the problems you had mentioned in your review. We hope that you will give us a try again in the future so we can show you our hospitality. Thank you again for your business and providing us with your feedback.
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2012

Yes, I just gave this Fairfield a 5 star rating. Let me explain why. My aunt was rushed to Boca hospital and I needed some last minute rooms for our family. I called around to other (higher-end) Marriott hotels to see if any of them could offer a good rate. After speaking to some very unhelpful people at an emotionally stressful time I called the Fairfield and got a gem of an employee, Mike. He offered a wonderful rate for the 2 rooms I needed that night and continued to offer that rate as more family came to town. I believe we ended up booking 8 -10 rooms all because of friendly service and the willingness to offer a discount.

I ended up staying at the Fairfield for a week, in 2 different rooms. The rooms were clean and comfortable. The second room had a Dehumidifier to help with the humidity, a common problem in Florida. While I did get tired of the same old breakfast options after a couple days the lady who took care of the breakfast area was more than helpful. My entire family was very pleased with their rooms and the rate provided to our group.

Here is the kicker. A few days after checking out of the hotel I realized I must have left a brand new white skirt on the bed, also white. I called the hotel and again got Mike who searched but could not find my skirt. I was disappointed but well aware that items left at hotels hardly ever get put into lost and found. Mike called me back momentarily after speaking with the housekeeping staff and it turns out my white skirt did indeed get wrapped up with the sheets, laundered, and put in lost and found not associated with a room number because they didn't know what room it came from! Bravo housekeeping!!

I never told the hotel that I'm a travel agent. I have stayed at many hotels all over the world and often at much nicer hotels. All the way around this hotel met and even exceeded expectations. The quality was proportionate to the value provided. I never met the manager but they run a great property with wonderful staff.
Kristi

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
HamptonInnPortsmouth, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn & Suites Boca Raton, responded to this review, May 25, 2012
Dear Kristi,
Thank you very much for taking this time to write this review. Thank you for referring your family to us during this stressful and hard time you were all enduring. We appreciate your business and support. Mike is an asset to our hotel. We are glad he was able to go provide you exceptional service. We have printed this review to share with all of the team members (breakfast and housekeeping) as everyone works so hard to provide top notch service to all of our guests.
We are thrilled that the entire staff was able to go above and beyond for your family. Service is extremely important to us and we are ecstatic that we were able to make this time a little easier for your family. Thank you again for your business, support, and review. We would love to have you stay with us again in the future.
Cape Coral, Florida, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2012

Overnite for business, perfect location just off interstate , no street noise, very friendly and helpful staff. Nice breakfast. Nice outdoor pool area. Lobby Decor fun and comfortable. Only complaint was a mildewy smell from wall unit air conditioner that went away when colder air turned on.great price for value, and staff made it even better.

• Stayed April 2012
HamptonInnPortsmouth, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn & Suites Boca Raton, responded to this review, May 1, 2012
Greetings Jcmcmd,
I hope all is well with you. Thank you for your review. Thank you for choosing our property while you were on business in the area. I am so excited that you found our location to be perfect and the staff to be friendly and helpful. We have updated our entire lobby and we are thrilled that you found it fun and comfortable. Our breakfast has a little something for everyone and I am glad you had time to enjoy it. The pool is a perfect place to relax after a long day at work. I do apologize about the mild smell in your room. Our Chief Engineer is in the process of refreshing all of the units. Next time you are in the area please stop in. We enjoyed having you stay with us before and we would love to have you back again. Thanks for your business and review.
Fort Myers, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2012

Staff were very pleasant and helpful at check-in and check-out. Location was perfect for my business meeting. Unfortunately, the room was clearly dated and had a musty smell. The bed was not as comfortable as I have experienced with other Marriott hotels.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
HamptonInnPortsmouth, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn & Suites Boca Raton, responded to this review, April 30, 2012
Hello Pebbles079,
Thank you for your review and for your business. I am happy to hear that our staff was very accommodating for you and our location was perfect for your business meeting. We try to go above and beyond for all of our guests to make sure they have a pleasurable stay. I apologize that you found the rooms out dated. We are in the planning process for our renovation. Please let us know the next time you are in the area because we would love to have you try us again.
Thanks for the review and your business.

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Boca Raton? Share your experiences!