“Would not return again.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Boca Raton - Commerce

You added Extended Stay America - Boca Raton - Commerce to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Boca Raton - Commerce
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   501 NW 77th Street, Boca Raton, FL 33487 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites )   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #23 of 26 Hotels in Boca Raton
Naples, New York
“Would not return again.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

My husband and two members of his construction crew had a job to do in Delray Beach. We chose the Extended Stay in Boca Raton based on location and price.

I called ahead and spoke to the woman at the front desk, requesting a roll away bed. When the crew arrived at the hotel late at night after a 23 hour drive, they found that their room for three men had the two beds and no roll away.

While the motel did give a complimentary second room for the night so that the crew could get some rest, it was an added hassle especially considering the fact that I had called ahead and stressed how important it was to get the roll away bed.

The crew worked the next day and got back to the room, only to find that a roll away was delivered..... Without any bedding. They went to the front desk to ask for sheets and blankets and the woman at the front desk said they didn't have any, they were in the wash, but she would bring some to the room later in the evening. She never came, so one man slept on a bare roll away. (The regular beds also didn't come with the usual one soft blanket and one bedspread. One had just a bedspread" which are not at all comfortable.) The next day the crew tried again to get proper bedding and they were told that everyone was asking for bedding and there wasn't enough.

Also worth noting, the kitchenette in the room had food mess left in the sink from the previous people in the room. The bathroom, which had been renovated, had a fan that was so loud you could barely hear over the roar.

If we had showed up with our family, we would have left by the second day. There were a lot of questionable people hanging around at all times. They had storage containers out in theparking lots for the workers doing renovations there and there was a lot of partying out there late into the night. Drunken yelling, cursing, doors slamming well into the late hours of the night.

Overall it seemed as if the motel staff didn't take pride in their job or really care about the comfort of their guests and the reputation of their establishment.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else....
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Boca Raton - Commerce, responded to this review, January 21, 2014
Melissa - I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. We strive to provide guests with all the comforts of home, so I am disappointed to hear that we failed to provide just that for your husband and his crew. I am deeply sorry that the roll away you requested was unavailable to upon check-in, and that the linens were not delivered as was promised to your room by the staff. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have addressed these issues with our staff and have done the necessary coaching sessions with each department to ensure your experience is not repeated.

I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. I invite you to contact me, at bok@extendedstay.com, if you have any additional comments. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Fairfax, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

Needing a pet friendly place to stay, I went back this year. It's conveniently located and had reasonable rooms. They have changed owners and it seems Extended Stay wants to be a Marriott, at least it seems that by the price of the room.
I made a reservation directly with the hotel. They had all my info from previous stay and I asked for a ground floor room and I had a dog. They told me the rate and confirmed.
Arriving they had a second floor room, which they changed and the next day they called said they didn't have my card swiped, which they did the day before and informed me the rate for the 2nd night would be 50% higher and a pet fee would be added for each night. I was not told about this when reserving the room and didn't pay one the previous stay. also I wasn't told anything about the rates being different for each day. I was given one rate for each night, with the dog. To the staffs credit the desk person adjusted the rate, and I agreed to pay one nights pet fee. I would have refused completely if it had not been for the professional and courteous manner that the desk responded to my concern over the bill.
This place need a great deal of renovating if it wants to compete with the Marriott just up the street.
Fortunately they have very good staff people, who appear to want to help.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Mount Laurel, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013

We'd planned to stay 4 nights. Here is a list of our complaints:
I should have realized the hotel was not a place a family should patronize when a transvestite who appeared to be on drugs checked in ahead of us!
1.) Room smelled like smoke
2.) Broken kitchen cabinet door
3.) Couch had burn holes (from drug use?) and was filthy
4.) Trash in trash can in kitchen
5.) Stain on bathroom floor tile
6.) Security lock on entry door gone (I put a chair under the door handle for security)
7.) No cups for bathroom (was told to use the two plastic glasses in kitchen)
8.) Dishes were dirty in cabinet (even though brochure talked about all the sanitizing of dishes)
9.) No place to put luggage (how about a luggage rack?)
10.) Broken toilet (my husband fixed it)
11.) No hot water in second bath tub; control broken
12.) Overall feeling of carpets and furniture being dirty
13.) Blanket on bed was something I'd use for a pet
14.) Train tracks outside window
15.) While having a cup of coffee at the "Grab n Go" breakfast station, two housekeeping women came in for breakfast and one still had her Playtex cleaning glove on as she got her food. So that meant that she had just cleaned toilets and now she was around the food? How unsanitary and disgusting!

We stayed one night and checked out the next morning. The only thing good about that place was the front desk person, Carli. She was sweet and tried to accommodate us but couldn't. I plan to dispute the entire charge through Expedia.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Boca Raton - Commerce, responded to this review, December 20, 2013
I appreciate you bringing your experience to our attention. I am glad that Carli took such great care of you; however, I sincerely apologize for the issues you experienced while staying at our hotel. Please know, we are taking your comments very seriously and working to enhance our offerings. As well, as this hotel's manager, I can assure you that we do not condone illegal activity at any kind at our hotel. Being that guest safety is one of our top priorities, we are taking your comments very seriously and will take action as needed.

Thank you again for your feedback. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future to show you our positive strides taken to enhance your experience with us.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

There would be NO stars- Drugs Drugs Drugs and more Drugs- Heroin cooked spoons in the drawers, dirty carpet that makes your feet back soiled with stains from pets or parties, caterpillar type worms all inside in the room- and if you look at other postings, how would you like to be poisoned with apoxy floor paint fumes-- Very rude loud mouthed regional manager, try waking up to some hollering screaming woman outside your door at 8 AM and about 7 or 8 workmen. Pet friendly? No pet stations, poison your pet with fumes-- Try to get your room cleaned- You'll be asking for over a week daily, and watch out when you check in that you don't have the remnants of a full garbage of whoever stayed there before containing drug paraphernalia. Forget it if you're a woman, unless you want to be approached daily 2-3 times and offered drugs twice a day. and when you've finally had it and been poisoned by fumes form their ignorance to relocate other guest prior and not you- and you must MUST leave-- good luck trying to get any pet fee back-- " they tell you its non refundable- that YOU MUST PAY THEM TO POISON YOU AND YOUR PETS-- RE: still complaining and want resolution- next step will be to contact consumer affairs - state of florida- and boca raton police-- Furthermore- when you do complain and they refund you ONLY what you paid in advance" they act like they did you a favor for not trying to scam that $ from you too !!! worst experience EVER- and ironically " they did this to a local resident here ! " watch out women" sexual harassment is definitely part the stay....

Room Tip: Here's a tip - unless you like drugs and filth don't stay there-- and certainly if you li...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

This was a basic, tidy, and reasonably priced hotel.  I understand they are renovating the rooms so some guests may have varied experiences. Our room was obviously recently updated and on the second floor.  It had laminate "wood" floors in the kitchenette and bathroom---of course it's fake wood but it still adds a nice touch and is better to look at than carpet or tile.  The full fridge was a nice plus.  I'd recommend it for it's close access to 95 and cleanliness---staff was also very friendly and welcoming.   Cons: no fitness center, not even a treadmill; bathroom is a little tight, "free breakfast" is just a few granola bars, prepackaged muffins and some fruit but better than nothing

Room Tip: We were on the second floor and our room looked newly renovated
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

I got a job in the area and am relocating with my two children. The room wasn't as clean and I'd expected. The staff is helpful with the exception of one woman who overcharged us. The grab and go breakfast was a major disappointment. Packaged muffins, granola bars, old fruit, and I didn't bother to drink the coffee. There were other guests congregating outside our room smoking marijuana. When I called and asked to move, my request was completely ignored. They also did not clean my room the entire time we've been there. We'll be moving to another property as soon as we can.

Room Tip: You definitely want a 2nd floor room away from the stairwells
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Carson, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

The staff was amazing and very helpful/friendly!! The room wasn't as clean as I had hoped, have stayed in much nicer Extended Stays in the past. Had a minor ant problem without leaving any food out which I took care of. The pull-out bed was awful so I slept on couch. I would stay again knowing the staff was friendly and very helpful.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Boca Raton - Commerce, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
Christine - I thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We are proud of all of our team members for helping make your stay a pleasant one. I am so sorry that the room was not adequately equipped with cooking utensils as this is an exception. The staff and I will work on ensuring all of our rooms have the necessary items needed to make our guests stays comfortable.

I do appreciate you and hope that next time you are in the area you will give us another try so that we can show you our improvements.

Been to Extended Stay America - Boca Raton - Commerce? Share your experiences!