“Filthy- Drugs-Unsafe- Nasty Ripoff” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Boca Raton - Commerce

You added Extended Stay America - Boca Raton - Commerce to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Boca Raton - Commerce
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   501 NW 77th Street, Boca Raton, FL 33487 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites )   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #22 of 26 Hotels in Boca Raton
Boca Raton, Florida
“Filthy- Drugs-Unsafe- Nasty Ripoff”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

There would be NO stars- Drugs Drugs Drugs and more Drugs- Heroin cooked spoons in the drawers, dirty carpet that makes your feet back soiled with stains from pets or parties, caterpillar type worms all inside in the room- and if you look at other postings, how would you like to be poisoned with apoxy floor paint fumes-- Very rude loud mouthed regional manager, try waking up to some hollering screaming woman outside your door at 8 AM and about 7 or 8 workmen. Pet friendly? No pet stations, poison your pet with fumes-- Try to get your room cleaned- You'll be asking for over a week daily, and watch out when you check in that you don't have the remnants of a full garbage of whoever stayed there before containing drug paraphernalia. Forget it if you're a woman, unless you want to be approached daily 2-3 times and offered drugs twice a day. and when you've finally had it and been poisoned by fumes form their ignorance to relocate other guest prior and not you- and you must MUST leave-- good luck trying to get any pet fee back-- " they tell you its non refundable- that YOU MUST PAY THEM TO POISON YOU AND YOUR PETS-- RE: still complaining and want resolution- next step will be to contact consumer affairs - state of florida- and boca raton police-- Furthermore- when you do complain and they refund you ONLY what you paid in advance" they act like they did you a favor for not trying to scam that $ from you too !!! worst experience EVER- and ironically " they did this to a local resident here ! " watch out women" sexual harassment is definitely part the stay....

Room Tip: Here's a tip - unless you like drugs and filth don't stay there-- and certainly if you li...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

This was a basic, tidy, and reasonably priced hotel.  I understand they are renovating the rooms so some guests may have varied experiences. Our room was obviously recently updated and on the second floor.  It had laminate "wood" floors in the kitchenette and bathroom---of course it's fake wood but it still adds a nice touch and is better to look at than carpet or tile.  The full fridge was a nice plus.  I'd recommend it for it's close access to 95 and cleanliness---staff was also very friendly and welcoming.   Cons: no fitness center, not even a treadmill; bathroom is a little tight, "free breakfast" is just a few granola bars, prepackaged muffins and some fruit but better than nothing

Room Tip: We were on the second floor and our room looked newly renovated
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

I got a job in the area and am relocating with my two children. The room wasn't as clean and I'd expected. The staff is helpful with the exception of one woman who overcharged us. The grab and go breakfast was a major disappointment. Packaged muffins, granola bars, old fruit, and I didn't bother to drink the coffee. There were other guests congregating outside our room smoking marijuana. When I called and asked to move, my request was completely ignored. They also did not clean my room the entire time we've been there. We'll be moving to another property as soon as we can.

Room Tip: You definitely want a 2nd floor room away from the stairwells
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Carson, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

The staff was amazing and very helpful/friendly!! The room wasn't as clean as I had hoped, have stayed in much nicer Extended Stays in the past. Had a minor ant problem without leaving any food out which I took care of. The pull-out bed was awful so I slept on couch. I would stay again knowing the staff was friendly and very helpful.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Boca Raton - Commerce, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
Christine - I thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We are proud of all of our team members for helping make your stay a pleasant one. I am so sorry that the room was not adequately equipped with cooking utensils as this is an exception. The staff and I will work on ensuring all of our rooms have the necessary items needed to make our guests stays comfortable.

I do appreciate you and hope that next time you are in the area you will give us another try so that we can show you our improvements.
Valrico, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

The room was clean and acceptable. I chose to stay at Extended Stay America because from the literature it sounded like a good place to work from and cook in while in the Boca Raton, FL area.

There was no desk, but a kitchen counter top to set up my computers and work from. I made it work but it was not comfortable. The free wireless was adequate, but if you need any bandwidth plan to pay extra.

There was a small kitchen with two burners and a refrigerator but no utensils to cook with. Fortunately we decided to eat out during our stay.

All in all it was a little better than a Days Inn.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Boca Raton - Commerce, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
John - Thank you for making the time out of your busy schedule to give us a review in reference to your recent stay. I am so sorry that the room was not adequately equipped with cooking utensils. moving forward, I will work to ensure that all of our rooms have the necessary items needed to make your stay more comfortable.

Thank you again for your feedback. I hope the next time you are in the area you will give us another try so that we can show you our improvements.
Fort Myers, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

I was purchasing a home in the area and needed a place to stay during that time. The staff was so helpful and accommodating with everything and went out of their way to help out in every way they could. It was a very stressful time with paperwork etc. but they had no problem with whatever I asked or needed and did it happily for me. They are all so pleasant and happy to assist in any way possible. I also had to further extend my stay and that was not a problem at all either.

Really the only negative thing was the selection of TV channels. Other than that is was really a very enjoyable stay thanks to the wonderful staff here!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Boca Raton - Commerce, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Doreen - I wanted to take the time to thank you for your recent review. I am so pleased to know that you felt at home while staying at our hotel. We have shared your experience with our team, and are proud of all of our team members for helping make your stay was a pleasant one.

Please feel free to reach out to me any time, as you know we are always here for you. We look forward to having you stay with us again in the future.
Dayton, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

Our crew recently spent a week in one of the two 2-bedroom suites available at the property. Upon check-in, it was evident that the AC unit in one of the bedrooms was faulty as there was a very large, very wet area of carpet under the unit. The burners on the stove top didn't work initially and neither did one of the drains in one of the two bathtubs. Due to the work schedule, our crew wasn't able to connect with the manager until three days into the stay. However, once the manager was made aware of the issues, the AC unit was replaced, the drain was fixed and the stove top inspected within three hours. The crew was impressed with the speed at which the issues were resolved. But the inconvenience and concern of mold growth is still in the backs of our minds, at least in this suite. It should be noted that the maintenance manager did use a wet vac and fan to speed the drying of the soaking carpet.

The layout of this suite is ideal for crews that need separate living spaces. There is a full bath in each bedroom and a half-bath in the entry way. The kitchen does not have an oven, toaster oven or full size fridge, but it was fully stocked with utensils, pans, can opener etc. There is a microwave, coffee maker and decent size fridge.

A nice bonus was a flat panel tv in each bedroom as well as the living room. The living room also has a sofa, desk and coffee table.

There is a coin laundry on-site but no gym or pool facility. Basic speed wi-fi is free, but our crew found it to be too slow for two laptops to use at the same time so they opted to pay for higher bandwidth.

We don't know if this is a practice of extended hotel chains, but our credit card was charged in the middle of the stay. We were not pleased with this. As the crew is still at the property at the time of this writing, we hope to have an explanation of this at checkout.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Boca Raton - Commerce, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Thank you so much for your recent review. I am so happy that our hotel's location was the right fit for your crew in terms of size and proximity to the job site. I am so sorry that you experienced some issues during your stay; however, I am glad to hear that we where able to take care of them immediately once notified. Please know that this stay was an exception and we will utilize your review to help coach as well as develop our team to ensure a situation such as yours does not happen again.

We thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule for your review and hope to see you next time you are in our area.

Been to Extended Stay America - Boca Raton - Commerce? Share your experiences!