“Great price, Great staff!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Boca Raton - Commerce

Ext. Stay America Travelocity
Extended Stay America - Boca Raton - Commerce
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   501 NW 77th Street, Boca Raton, FL 33487 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites )   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #22 of 26 hotels in Boca Raton
Fort Myers, Florida
“Great price, Great staff!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

I was purchasing a home in the area and needed a place to stay during that time. The staff was so helpful and accommodating with everything and went out of their way to help out in every way they could. It was a very stressful time with paperwork etc. but they had no problem with whatever I asked or needed and did it happily for me. They are all so pleasant and happy to assist in any way possible. I also had to further extend my stay and that was not a problem at all either.

Really the only negative thing was the selection of TV channels. Other than that is was really a very enjoyable stay thanks to the wonderful staff here!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Boca Raton - Commerce, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Doreen - I wanted to take the time to thank you for your recent review. I am so pleased to know that you felt at home while staying at our hotel. We have shared your experience with our team, and are proud of all of our team members for helping make your stay was a pleasant one.

Please feel free to reach out to me any time, as you know we are always here for you. We look forward to having you stay with us again in the future.

55 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Dayton, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

Our crew recently spent a week in one of the two 2-bedroom suites available at the property. Upon check-in, it was evident that the AC unit in one of the bedrooms was faulty as there was a very large, very wet area of carpet under the unit. The burners on the stove top didn't work initially and neither did one of the drains in one of the two bathtubs. Due to the work schedule, our crew wasn't able to connect with the manager until three days into the stay. However, once the manager was made aware of the issues, the AC unit was replaced, the drain was fixed and the stove top inspected within three hours. The crew was impressed with the speed at which the issues were resolved. But the inconvenience and concern of mold growth is still in the backs of our minds, at least in this suite. It should be noted that the maintenance manager did use a wet vac and fan to speed the drying of the soaking carpet.

The layout of this suite is ideal for crews that need separate living spaces. There is a full bath in each bedroom and a half-bath in the entry way. The kitchen does not have an oven, toaster oven or full size fridge, but it was fully stocked with utensils, pans, can opener etc. There is a microwave, coffee maker and decent size fridge.

A nice bonus was a flat panel tv in each bedroom as well as the living room. The living room also has a sofa, desk and coffee table.

There is a coin laundry on-site but no gym or pool facility. Basic speed wi-fi is free, but our crew found it to be too slow for two laptops to use at the same time so they opted to pay for higher bandwidth.

We don't know if this is a practice of extended hotel chains, but our credit card was charged in the middle of the stay. We were not pleased with this. As the crew is still at the property at the time of this writing, we hope to have an explanation of this at checkout.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Boca Raton - Commerce, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Thank you so much for your recent review. I am so happy that our hotel's location was the right fit for your crew in terms of size and proximity to the job site. I am so sorry that you experienced some issues during your stay; however, I am glad to hear that we where able to take care of them immediately once notified. Please know that this stay was an exception and we will utilize your review to help coach as well as develop our team to ensure a situation such as yours does not happen again.

We thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule for your review and hope to see you next time you are in our area.
Tallahassee, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

My husband, father, and I went for a business trip recently. Room was wonderful and brought our 2 dogs. The suite was bigger than we thought it would be. Doesn't have a good selection of TV channels but other than that it was great.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Boca Raton - Commerce, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Dear Taryn,

I wanted to take the time to thank you for your recent review. I am so pleased to know that you and your entire family was able to enjoy your most recent stay with us here in the Extended Stay America Boca Raton. We are so happy that you chose our location and hope you felt a home away from home experience while here. Please feel free to reach out to me the next time you are in the area and it would be my pleasure to assist you.
Voorhees
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

1. We were not informed at the time of booking that there would be an extra daily charge for housekeeping.
2. The carpet in our room was sticky in one area and there were nail clippings in another area.
3. When I called the front desk about this, I was informed that I would have to pay for housekeeping to clean the room. I stated that one expects the room to be clean before we checked in, and that I should not have to pay extra for that. I was not asking for the beds to be made, or the bathroom to be cleaned.
4. When we returned that night, the carpet was still dirty. I called the front desk, but the front desk did not answer the phone, even though a second call was made and a message was left on their machine. What if there had been an emergency in the room?

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Boca Raton - Commerce, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I am so disappointed that you experienced issues with cleanliness and poor customer service at our location. I agree that our rooms need to be clean and fresh upon a guests arrival and our staff should be attentive as well as friendly. Please accept my apologies for these inconveniences.

In response to your feedback, I have provided my entire staff with your response to ensure situations such as yours do not reoccur. We here at extended stay value you and appreciate you bringing this to our attention so that it can be corrected. Per our phone call, I am truly happy that you will be returning to our brand to give us another chance. Thank you again for choosing Extended Stay Hotels.
Belo Horizonte, MG
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

Great front desk. great value.e old furniture in the room that's the negative thing. Great bed. The breakfast could have been better,than again its a grab n go breakfast. The railroad tracks in front for me was a Plus.

• Stayed March 2013
Eileen R, Manager at Extended Stay America - Boca Raton - Commerce, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm thrilled that you had a great stay with us. I have shared your kind words with our staff and appreciate you. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future if you are ever in the area.
Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

We reserved this hotel because they allow small pets. At the last minute we had a friend watch our dog. It is true there are no restaurants in the area but that is what makes the area quiet and it is not far to go to a restaurant. I do suggest you ask for extra pillows and a blanket if you come in the winter months. They do have central heat and air. We stayed for 2 nights at $104 a night but we reserved the hotel 6 months in advance. Overall a nice hotel with a full kitchen.

Room Tip: Reserve Early
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to thank you for making the time out of your schedule to make one. I'm glad that your experience with our location met your expectations and your suggestions have been dully noted. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013 via mobile

Of ten nights in Florida, stayed here 1 night only because not much else available that was affordable in the area. Location horrible. Nothing at exit. Reserved via travel site hours in advance, hotel did not have. Hard to believe but it literally took 3 hours to get room. We were asked to get dinner and come back. Manager finally came in at 11 pm and got our room. Threw bath trashcan outside of room due to "used" feminine products in trash can. Snakes from local creek on sidewalk outside lobby.

• Stayed March 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I am so disappointed that the day of your arrival you room was not available upon your check in. Please accept my apology and know that this specific situation was an exception. Measures have been taken to ensure glitches such as the one you encountered do not reoccur . I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at bok@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.

Been to Extended Stay America - Boca Raton - Commerce? Share your experiences!