“really nice place” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Boca Raton - Commerce

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Boca Raton - Commerce to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Boca Raton - Commerce
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   501 NW 77th Street, Boca Raton, FL 33487 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites )   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #23 of 26 hotels in Boca Raton
Villanova
“really nice place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

We had a lovely stay at your Boca location. Room was nice and clean.

Would definitely go there again. The place was great. Location was wonderful.

Nice place overall. Stayed for 3 days and truey enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Eileen R, Manager at Extended Stay America - Boca Raton - Commerce, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. It's great to hear that the room was nice and you enjoyed the location of our property. It is always grateful to hear such pleasant responses such as yours. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

58 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Ko Phangan, Thailand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

My partner and I have been road tripping and we've had some terrible experiences in Florida. This was a change. While I still think we paid WAY too much for what we got, I do understand that this is high season. Having said that, this place was much better than most we have stayed at in this range.

While the other guests were quiet (a great change from the last few places we stayed), there was a fair bit of noise off the highway.

Kitchen supplies are simple, but adequate. Linens and towels are clean. There is pantry and closet space, drawers, cupboards, and a full fridge. 3 burner stove, toaster, microwave, but no oven. The kitchen alone makes it an excellent choice for budgeting travelers since being able to cook for yourself saves some cash. Additionally, there are laundry facilities which are clean, well lit, newer, and accessible only with a key card.

While it is weird that cleaning is only weekly, it honestly doesn't bother me. We usually keep the same towels and bed linens in hotels to support their "green initiatives" anyway.

I found the staff to be helpful, efficient, and friendly. Parking was adequate. The advertised rates from the Internet were not misleading (which is a major theme this time of year in Florida - watch out).

Room Tip: Try not to face the highway.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Eileen R, Manager at Extended Stay America - Boca Raton - Commerce, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write such a great review. It's great to hear that you had a pleasant stay as our goal is to provide a home away from home to all of our guests. Thank you again for your awesome review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Boca Raton, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

This place is tucked away in a hard to find spot, the service is terrible, as there is none. You get more service from Motel 6 than you get with this place. It is neat and tidy, but that is all there is to recommend it. Housekeeping only comes once a week, you have to bring your dirty towels to the office to get clean ones. The breakfast is a joke. It is prepackaged overly sweet, tasteless muffins, oranges, apples, coffee and hotwater. The coffee was probably the worst coffee I have ever had in my life. So watered down it might as well be tea. There is a commuter train, that comes through almost every hour, and several times throughout the night. Even though we are facing the pond, which is not on the train side, the entire hotel shakes and we were woken up several times. Although some of the staff was nice, others were very smug, arrogant, and snotty. Some of them acted as though they were doing us a favour in letting us stay here. The first night we stayed here, somebody accessed the door of our hotel room, and walked in at an inappropriate time. The second room we were moved to had ants all over the kitchen counter. We reported a toilet back up which took them 24 hours to respond to. We had already fixed it ourselves, as we were unable to use the bathroom. While we were here, there were also other guests complaining as well. The hotel also double debited us. Thank goodness our bank called to verify the transaction. For the price of this hotel, you would be much better to stay at the Motel 6. It is less expensive with more amenities, and the staff is friendly and helpful.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I am sorry to hear about your experience here with us. Since your stay, I have spoken with each staff member that you interacted with to ensure that issues such as this do not happen again in the future. Thank you again for providing us with your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at bok@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future
milford
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

I was expecting a regular motel, nothing fancy because we didn't spend that much for the room. I was surprised to learn there was no room service. However, I am finding it is no big deal making the bed in the morning. I don't change my sheets or change my towels everyday at home. Anything we need we go to the office and we are given whatever we need with a smile. More towels, shampoo. The grab and grow breakfast works for me. The coffee is delicious and there is an assortment of fruit, cereal and granola bars and muffins. More than enough to get me started.
The room comes with a kitchen which I wasn't expecting but its nice to have a refrigerator for the water which we purchased. It is conveniently located for everything we have done so far in the area. All in all I like the hotel - Its not luxurious but clean and efficient.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that we where the right fit for you and your travel needs. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
East Northport, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

The first room I was assigned the bathroom was dirty and the shower curtain was mildewed and was located on the RR tracks. I was moved to a room facing a lovely pond. The room was clean but the dresser drawers were broken. It only had the basics in utensils 2 spoons, 2 knives, 2 dishes.1pot. Had to buy your own tissues, sponge etc. Breakfast is a joke- coffee and a prepackaged muffin or granola bar and an orange and apple. There was no place to sit outside which would have been nice to watch the ducks on the pond. It is next door to the Residence Inn by Marriott which has a gazebo and benches but you feel like the poor relation. I was supposed to stay for 3 weeks but I cut my vacation short because it was just too depressing.Everytime a train went by the room shook- very unsettling at night as you are woken up multiple times.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Eileen R, Manager at Extended Stay America - Boca Raton - Commerce, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I am so disappointed that in your first room the bathroom was dirty and the shower curtain had mildew as we have been working hard so that situations such as this don't occur . Please accept my sincerest apology. In response to your feedback, I have purchased two picnic tables to be placed by the pond so that guests such as yourself can enjoy the beautiful view. I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel and make the corrections needed for a more pleasant stay. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at bok@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the near future as our goal is to always provide a home away from home.
Birmingham, Alabama
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

The hotel is tucked away in a hard to find place. We stayed here because it is right next to I95 and centrally located to FAU in Boca and friends in Boynton Beach. There is no room cleaning if staying less than 7 nights. To get fresh towels you need to bring them to the desk and then they'll give you more. There were tiny ants in the small kitchen area. I have an aging back so the firm mattress was actually comfortable for me. Only one coffee packet in room so we just went out to free breakfast area for it. The breakfast was insufficient but good for coffee and some apples. I might stay here again if in a bind, you know, as a last resort if other hotels were full.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing west or in the other building that is not next to I95.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Saint Louis, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

This hotel is absolutely awful. It is bug infested dirty and the amenities are not as advertised. The kitchen was empty when arrived all we had was one butter knife no other silverware or pots and pans. The internet is very slow the beds are not queens but doubles and are extremely hard and uncomfortable. The bathroom had lots of mold in it and had no vent fan. The flat screen is nice but we did not have a remote. The fridge worked fine and the water filter on the faucet was nice. All in all I would recommend that everyone stay away!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Eileen R, Manager at Extended Stay America - Boca Raton - Commerce, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. The issues you described are not acceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. I am meeting with our team members to review your feedback to ensure that this does not happen again in the future. I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at bok@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.

Been to Extended Stay America - Boca Raton - Commerce? Share your experiences!