“Wont Stay here again” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Boca Raton - Commerce

You added Extended Stay America - Boca Raton - Commerce to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Boca Raton - Commerce
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   501 NW 77th Street, Boca Raton, FL 33487 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites )   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #23 of 26 Hotels in Boca Raton
Boca Raton, Florida
“Wont Stay here again”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

This place is tucked away in a hard to find spot, the service is terrible, as there is none. You get more service from Motel 6 than you get with this place. It is neat and tidy, but that is all there is to recommend it. Housekeeping only comes once a week, you have to bring your dirty towels to the office to get clean ones. The breakfast is a joke. It is prepackaged overly sweet, tasteless muffins, oranges, apples, coffee and hotwater. The coffee was probably the worst coffee I have ever had in my life. So watered down it might as well be tea. There is a commuter train, that comes through almost every hour, and several times throughout the night. Even though we are facing the pond, which is not on the train side, the entire hotel shakes and we were woken up several times. Although some of the staff was nice, others were very smug, arrogant, and snotty. Some of them acted as though they were doing us a favour in letting us stay here. The first night we stayed here, somebody accessed the door of our hotel room, and walked in at an inappropriate time. The second room we were moved to had ants all over the kitchen counter. We reported a toilet back up which took them 24 hours to respond to. We had already fixed it ourselves, as we were unable to use the bathroom. While we were here, there were also other guests complaining as well. The hotel also double debited us. Thank goodness our bank called to verify the transaction. For the price of this hotel, you would be much better to stay at the Motel 6. It is less expensive with more amenities, and the staff is friendly and helpful.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Eileen R, Manager at Extended Stay America - Boca Raton - Commerce, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I am sorry to hear about your experience here with us. Since your stay, I have spoken with each staff member that you interacted with to ensure that issues such as this do not happen again in the future. Thank you again for providing us with your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at bok@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
milford
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

I was expecting a regular motel, nothing fancy because we didn't spend that much for the room. I was surprised to learn there was no room service. However, I am finding it is no big deal making the bed in the morning. I don't change my sheets or change my towels everyday at home. Anything we need we go to the office and we are given whatever we need with a smile. More towels, shampoo. The grab and grow breakfast works for me. The coffee is delicious and there is an assortment of fruit, cereal and granola bars and muffins. More than enough to get me started.
The room comes with a kitchen which I wasn't expecting but its nice to have a refrigerator for the water which we purchased. It is conveniently located for everything we have done so far in the area. All in all I like the hotel - Its not luxurious but clean and efficient.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that we where the right fit for you and your travel needs. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
East Northport, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

The first room I was assigned the bathroom was dirty and the shower curtain was mildewed and was located on the RR tracks. I was moved to a room facing a lovely pond. The room was clean but the dresser drawers were broken. It only had the basics in utensils 2 spoons, 2 knives, 2 dishes.1pot. Had to buy your own tissues, sponge etc. Breakfast is a joke- coffee and a prepackaged muffin or granola bar and an orange and apple. There was no place to sit outside which would have been nice to watch the ducks on the pond. It is next door to the Residence Inn by Marriott which has a gazebo and benches but you feel like the poor relation. I was supposed to stay for 3 weeks but I cut my vacation short because it was just too depressing.Everytime a train went by the room shook- very unsettling at night as you are woken up multiple times.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Eileen R, Manager at Extended Stay America - Boca Raton - Commerce, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I am so disappointed that in your first room the bathroom was dirty and the shower curtain had mildew as we have been working hard so that situations such as this don't occur . Please accept my sincerest apology. In response to your feedback, I have purchased two picnic tables to be placed by the pond so that guests such as yourself can enjoy the beautiful view. I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel and make the corrections needed for a more pleasant stay. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at bok@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the near future as our goal is to always provide a home away from home.
Birmingham, Alabama
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

The hotel is tucked away in a hard to find place. We stayed here because it is right next to I95 and centrally located to FAU in Boca and friends in Boynton Beach. There is no room cleaning if staying less than 7 nights. To get fresh towels you need to bring them to the desk and then they'll give you more. There were tiny ants in the small kitchen area. I have an aging back so the firm mattress was actually comfortable for me. Only one coffee packet in room so we just went out to free breakfast area for it. The breakfast was insufficient but good for coffee and some apples. I might stay here again if in a bind, you know, as a last resort if other hotels were full.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing west or in the other building that is not next to I95.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Saint Louis, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

This hotel is absolutely awful. It is bug infested dirty and the amenities are not as advertised. The kitchen was empty when arrived all we had was one butter knife no other silverware or pots and pans. The internet is very slow the beds are not queens but doubles and are extremely hard and uncomfortable. The bathroom had lots of mold in it and had no vent fan. The flat screen is nice but we did not have a remote. The fridge worked fine and the water filter on the faucet was nice. All in all I would recommend that everyone stay away!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Eileen R, Manager at Extended Stay America - Boca Raton - Commerce, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. The issues you described are not acceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. I am meeting with our team members to review your feedback to ensure that this does not happen again in the future. I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at bok@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.
Fort Worth, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

1. Inexperienced desk clerk from other property.
2. Did not have own log-in to computer, said this was going to take a little while
3. Took 30 minutes to check-in with no other guests in lobby
4. Agent did not know where the room assigned was, told me to look at the map myself, i did and still had a question as to what floor the room was on and he could not tell? He deferred to another desk agent who walked in and they did not know.
5. Asked for room NOT on the train tracks. When agent tried to find one, he could not tell in the computer if they were clean or dirty so he left for 10 minutes to go try and find one.
6. Still assigned to a room on the train tracks even after we stated we would change bed types. Still no luck. Just so you know, when the train goes by at all hours, it litteraly SHAKES the whole bed.
7. Walked into the 1st room - AC did not work / Room had very recently been smoked heavily in / Phone by bed did not work
8. Called and asked for another room, told he would call us back. 20 minutes, no call back so I walked back down to the desk.
9. Taken to another room in another building, still on the train tracks! Walked in with desk agent to find room smelled better but missing light bulb in lamp by bed. Pointed this out to the agent and his response was, yeah, you never know what you’re going to get, this is not my hotel..... For three days, never brought a light bulb??? REALLY!
10. Guest bath toilet had used toilet paper in it from the previous guest
11. Bedroom bathroom had multiple hair on the floor near the tub. Both from someone else’s head and pubic region. REALLY! Based on the responses and support from the desk agent on the other issues, felt there was no way I would be getting anything better from your company so we tried to clean the floor ourselves and went to bed. I can tell you we were very leery of the cleanliness of everything we touched in the room based on our experience. We were here from out of town for a funeral so we did not have a lot of time to start looking for another hotel to sleep in.
12. I will be disputing the charge on my credit card as I do NOT feel I got what I paid for. when I tried to address at check-out it appeared the woman was maybe just the maid as she did not even say thank you, offer a receipt, check us out in the computer or anything, she just wrote our room # on a sticky note.
I will be sharing my experience on Trip Advisor as this was something you asked guests to do based on the Large window signs at check-in.

Room Tip: NOT on the train tracks!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. The issues you described are not acceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. I am meeting with our team to ensure that the issues you had with the customer service of our front desk and the cleanliness of your room do not happen again in the future. I am also going to address the maintenance issues you mentioned with the air conditioner, phone and lighting. Thank you again for providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at BOK@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
virginia beach
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

This place claims to be an Extended Stay now but it is still a Homestead Studio Suites (yes I know they are owned by the same company). The only changes they made were flat screen tvs, a few light fixtures, free breakfast, and Extended Stay bedding. They didn't even upgrade the mattresses. Same old kitchen, old outdated chair and ottoman that are worn out, and same nasty red carpet that is in most Homesteads. If you don't wear shoes your feet or socks will be black. I guess if I knew I was going to a Homestead I wouldn't be so disappointed but knowing all the changes Extended Stay has made I was expecting much more.

Also just like other Homesteads there are a lot of deadbeats living there standing outside smoking, drinking, and talking loud all night. This hotel is right next to the train tracks too so you have that noise to deal with. Even though I get full bars on my computer the wifi is incredibly slow. The only good thing about this place is the staff.

Room Tip: Ask to stay in building 300. It's a little further away from the train tracks.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Been to Extended Stay America - Boca Raton - Commerce? Share your experiences!