1. Inexperienced desk clerk from other property.
2. Did not have own log-in to computer, said this was going to take a little while
3. Took 30 minutes to check-in with no other guests in lobby
4. Agent did not know where the room assigned was, told me to look at the map myself, i did and still had a question as to what floor the room was on and he could not tell? He deferred to another desk agent who walked in and they did not know.
5. Asked for room NOT on the train tracks. When agent tried to find one, he could not tell in the computer if they were clean or dirty so he left for 10 minutes to go try and find one.
6. Still assigned to a room on the train tracks even after we stated we would change bed types. Still no luck. Just so you know, when the train goes by at all hours, it litteraly SHAKES the whole bed.
7. Walked into the 1st room - AC did not work / Room had very recently been smoked heavily in / Phone by bed did not work
8. Called and asked for another room, told he would call us back. 20 minutes, no call back so I walked back down to the desk.
9. Taken to another room in another building, still on the train tracks! Walked in with desk agent to find room smelled better but missing light bulb in lamp by bed. Pointed this out to the agent and his response was, yeah, you never know what you’re going to get, this is not my hotel..... For three days, never brought a light bulb??? REALLY!
10. Guest bath toilet had used toilet paper in it from the previous guest
11. Bedroom bathroom had multiple hair on the floor near the tub. Both from someone else’s head and pubic region. REALLY! Based on the responses and support from the desk agent on the other issues, felt there was no way I would be getting anything better from your company so we tried to clean the floor ourselves and went to bed. I can tell you we were very leery of the cleanliness of everything we touched in the room based on our experience. We were here from out of town for a funeral so we did not have a lot of time to start looking for another hotel to sleep in.
12. I will be disputing the charge on my credit card as I do NOT feel I got what I paid for. when I tried to address at check-out it appeared the woman was maybe just the maid as she did not even say thank you, offer a receipt, check us out in the computer or anything, she just wrote our room # on a sticky note.
I will be sharing my experience on Trip Advisor as this was something you asked guests to do based on the Large window signs at check-in.
NOT on the train tracks!
See more room tips
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. The issues you described are not acceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. I am meeting with our team to ensure that the issues you had with the customer service of our front desk and the cleanliness of your room do not happen again in the future. I am also going to address the maintenance issues you mentioned with the air conditioner, phone and lighting. Thank you again for providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at BOK@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Report response as inappropriate
This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of TripAdvisor LLC.