“Horrible, Dirty, Bug Infested, Not as Advertised!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Boca Raton - Commerce

You added Extended Stay America - Boca Raton - Commerce to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Boca Raton - Commerce
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   501 NW 77th Street, Boca Raton, FL 33487 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites )   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #22 of 26 Hotels in Boca Raton
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Horrible, Dirty, Bug Infested, Not as Advertised!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

This hotel is absolutely awful. It is bug infested dirty and the amenities are not as advertised. The kitchen was empty when arrived all we had was one butter knife no other silverware or pots and pans. The internet is very slow the beds are not queens but doubles and are extremely hard and uncomfortable. The bathroom had lots of mold in it and had no vent fan. The flat screen is nice but we did not have a remote. The fridge worked fine and the water filter on the faucet was nice. All in all I would recommend that everyone stay away!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Eileen R, Manager at Extended Stay America - Boca Raton - Commerce, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. The issues you described are not acceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. I am meeting with our team members to review your feedback to ensure that this does not happen again in the future. I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at bok@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Fort Worth, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

1. Inexperienced desk clerk from other property.
2. Did not have own log-in to computer, said this was going to take a little while
3. Took 30 minutes to check-in with no other guests in lobby
4. Agent did not know where the room assigned was, told me to look at the map myself, i did and still had a question as to what floor the room was on and he could not tell? He deferred to another desk agent who walked in and they did not know.
5. Asked for room NOT on the train tracks. When agent tried to find one, he could not tell in the computer if they were clean or dirty so he left for 10 minutes to go try and find one.
6. Still assigned to a room on the train tracks even after we stated we would change bed types. Still no luck. Just so you know, when the train goes by at all hours, it litteraly SHAKES the whole bed.
7. Walked into the 1st room - AC did not work / Room had very recently been smoked heavily in / Phone by bed did not work
8. Called and asked for another room, told he would call us back. 20 minutes, no call back so I walked back down to the desk.
9. Taken to another room in another building, still on the train tracks! Walked in with desk agent to find room smelled better but missing light bulb in lamp by bed. Pointed this out to the agent and his response was, yeah, you never know what you’re going to get, this is not my hotel..... For three days, never brought a light bulb??? REALLY!
10. Guest bath toilet had used toilet paper in it from the previous guest
11. Bedroom bathroom had multiple hair on the floor near the tub. Both from someone else’s head and pubic region. REALLY! Based on the responses and support from the desk agent on the other issues, felt there was no way I would be getting anything better from your company so we tried to clean the floor ourselves and went to bed. I can tell you we were very leery of the cleanliness of everything we touched in the room based on our experience. We were here from out of town for a funeral so we did not have a lot of time to start looking for another hotel to sleep in.
12. I will be disputing the charge on my credit card as I do NOT feel I got what I paid for. when I tried to address at check-out it appeared the woman was maybe just the maid as she did not even say thank you, offer a receipt, check us out in the computer or anything, she just wrote our room # on a sticky note.
I will be sharing my experience on Trip Advisor as this was something you asked guests to do based on the Large window signs at check-in.

Room Tip: NOT on the train tracks!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. The issues you described are not acceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. I am meeting with our team to ensure that the issues you had with the customer service of our front desk and the cleanliness of your room do not happen again in the future. I am also going to address the maintenance issues you mentioned with the air conditioner, phone and lighting. Thank you again for providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at BOK@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
virginia beach
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

This place claims to be an Extended Stay now but it is still a Homestead Studio Suites (yes I know they are owned by the same company). The only changes they made were flat screen tvs, a few light fixtures, free breakfast, and Extended Stay bedding. They didn't even upgrade the mattresses. Same old kitchen, old outdated chair and ottoman that are worn out, and same nasty red carpet that is in most Homesteads. If you don't wear shoes your feet or socks will be black. I guess if I knew I was going to a Homestead I wouldn't be so disappointed but knowing all the changes Extended Stay has made I was expecting much more.

Also just like other Homesteads there are a lot of deadbeats living there standing outside smoking, drinking, and talking loud all night. This hotel is right next to the train tracks too so you have that noise to deal with. Even though I get full bars on my computer the wifi is incredibly slow. The only good thing about this place is the staff.

Room Tip: Ask to stay in building 300. It's a little further away from the train tracks.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Rockland County, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

Very pretty place with kitchenette, nice tv, comfortable bed and a pond with ibises living there. Reasonable prices and right near major roads and neighbor hoods. I liked it very much. Not near the beach, though. That would make it much more expensive. easy parking right next to my room.,

Room Tip: ground floor so I didn't have to drag my bag upstairs. No elevator, no free breakfast but nice...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012 via mobile

Excellent service from housekeeping to maintanence to reception all the way to management. The manager Matt is extremly nice and makes you feel right at home. Would most defonatly stay again and again!!!

• Stayed December 2012
Durham, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

I stayed here a few weeks ago and it was great! The manager who checked me in was super courteous and helpful, the staff was welcoming. The room was clean and was in good condition. I will definitely stay here again next time Im in Boca!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Eileen R, Manager at Extended Stay America - Boca Raton - Commerce, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write such great reviews regarding your stay here at Homestead Studio Suites Boca Raton. We are ecstatic that enjoyed your stay and we delivered on our goal to provide a "home away from home" to our guests. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Boca Raton.
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

I stayed at the homestead suits for a couple of months due to an extended business trip. I have to say this hotel was wonderful for that purpose. The kitchens were fully equipped and if something was wrong or missing they would replace it immediately. One time I had to change my room and in no time without hassle they not only transferred me to another room but upgraded me at no charge. The rooms were in excellent condition and comfortable wifi was a bit slow and could use a couple more channels especially if people are staying extended stays however in the long run doesnt really matter. There is a railroad track but it didnt bother me at all and I would ask for a room facing the pond as they are quiet. The staff was professional and accommodating which is important. It is located in a convient location minutes from the beach, popular malls and shopping, and 5mins from downtown Atlantic Ave Delray Beach. Its very safe and well lighted. I would definetly recommend people to stay here. As always a person needs to be a careful consumer and I feel this is an excellent choice especially when you get a room facing the pond.

Room Tip: Must ask for a room facing the pond nice view, peaceful and quiet.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Boca Raton - Commerce, responded to this review, August 16, 2012
Thank you for staying with us at Homestead Studio Suites Boca Raton. We are glad you enjoyed your stay! Your feedback is very valuable to us and I'd like to take the opportunity to let you know we are currently reviewing our entertainment package. In the near future, we plan to have improved free Wi-Fi service, as well as a new channel lineup. It is because of feedback from our guests that we can make these changes so thank you!

We will share the great comments about the rooms and the staff with all of the team members. We hope to see you again next time you are in the Boca area!

Been to Extended Stay America - Boca Raton - Commerce? Share your experiences!