“Needs a bit of a shakeup ...” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Capital Grille - Boca Raton is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 692 Restaurants in Boca Raton
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Good for: Romance, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: St. Andrews Blvd
Description: Interesting things happen in a city with water at every turn. Those who have spent the day at sea might find themselves craving dry aged steaks, grilled to perfection and paired with a dry Cabernet Sauvignon, while those who were on the links or in the shops of the Town Center Mall may develop intense desires for Pan-fried Calamari with Hot Cherry Peppers, Citrus Glazed Salmon, and other treasures of the deep. Fortunately, The Capital Grille offers all of that and more in a setting of perfectly relaxed elegance. So rejoice, citizens of Boca. The Capital Grille is now open.
Montreal, Canada
“Needs a bit of a shakeup ...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

This was my second visit. The first was with family a year and a half ago, and everyone thoroughly enjoyed it. So much so, that when we had a friend visiting, we decided to go to this top-notch restaurant for a treat.

The venue is quiet enough, and the look and feel of the restaurant is quite nice. We were quickly seated, and the waiter was attentive and well informed of his menu. This 6'8'' gentleman was one of the better waiters I have met in a while. The menu had everything you could expect from this type of restaurant. Beef carpaccio, French onion soup, Caprese salad, oysters, fish, various cuts of beef. Sides were top rate, shareable plates. There is something for everyone. And desserts were fresh and good. And finally a restaurant in the area which makes a decent espresso.

I have two beefs (forgive the pun, although intended). My filet mignon was stringy, not on par for this kind of restaurant. Had to really work this piece of meat just to chew it. It was even hard to cut with the good-sized steak-knife that came with the meal. To be fair, the other two people had the same cut of beef, and my wife says hers was very good.

I enjoy wine and have a decent knowledge of the subject. The manager sent over his wine guy, and did not present him as a sommelier. I described what I wanted, in specific terms, and the wine guy offered up his suggestion. To my dismay, the offered bottle had nothing whatsoever to do with the characteristics I had asked for. It was a very ordinary bottle and really took away from the enjoyment of the meal.

So we will go back, but they could up their game a little. The difference between good and great is in the details. Someone has forgotten this. At $400 for three, it can get expensive pretty quickly.

• 4 of 5 stars Food

Boca Raton, Florida
“Great Steak House”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

I found this be be the best overall steak house in this area
The food, service and attention to details makes me keep coming back

Visited March 2013
Spartanburg, South Carolina
“Perfect”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

I met some friends for dinner and had a cocktail at the bar while I was waiting. Great atmosphere and service. We were seated and the food was fantastic, everything from the apps to dessert were perfect. I am looking forward to my next dinner here!

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Huntington, New York, United States
“Even a Capital Grille can have a Bad Day”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

We love Capital Grille restaurants and look for them when we travel. Finding one in Boca Raton, FL, we expected another fabulous experience. Unfortunately, this location was either having a really bad day - or this is the "Black Sheep" of the chain. Starting with cocktails in the bar, my wife ordered a Long Island Ice Tea - it was a sour, tasteless drink. The server cheerfully made another - it was marginally better, still not what we expect for a LI Ice Tea. Moving on to dinner, my wife ordered a fillet, medium well to well. The waiter suggested butterflying it; my wife begrudgingly agreed to his suggestion. Anyway, her fillet arrived as two pieces - one properly cooked, the second piece was rare or perhaps medium rare. Back it went, only to come back slightly more cooked (what I would call medium) - back again, and then it did finally arrive as ordered. Now, I must note that the waiter was not very attentive either (definitely not in keeping with past Capital Grille experiences), and he had to be summoned via other staff members at least two times during our meal. The manager did his best to make amends, apologies were made, and we left realizing that anyone can have a really bad day - or else this location needs some serious work.

• 2 of 5 stars Food
“Delicious food, excellent service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

Dined at Capital Grille with four friends. We each ordered different dishes (pasta, beef, sandwich, salads) and found everything to be first rate. The atmosphere was pleasant, the waiter was attentive, and the prices were reasonable. This restaurant was recommended by a friend, and I definitely would recommend it too.

• 5 of 5 stars Food