“Very Good Restaurant Choice in Boca.” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Casa D'Angelo - Boca Raton is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #73 of 682 Restaurants in Boca Raton
Cuisines: Italian, Bistro
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Fine Dining
Westampton, New Jersey
“Very Good Restaurant Choice in Boca.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Recommended by friends & family, we were not disappointed.
Service was excellent and waiter recommended a nice moderately prices bottle of wine.
The red snapper and veal chop parmesian were standouts as were the scallop and calamari appetizers.Chef Ricky stopped by the table and thanked us for coming.....a nice touch!!

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Boca Raton, Florida
“Oh, sooo good!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

I remember liking this spot when there about a year ago, but last night it was just over the top. Perhaps I didn't order their best stuff last time, or perhaps they just got better, but the veal dishes I and others in my party of 4 had were simply over the top. Big portions of veal smashed down into a thin piece, still on the bone, and each of the three different preparations we had at our table was great. My wife had fish and that too was excellent. Her chopped salad (I did have some of hers) was as good as it gets. We skipped deserts since we just could not find room for any more food. The only mishap occurred early - the appetizer I ordered was not put into the kitchen by the waiter. It seemed strange that my wifes salad came out and nothing for me. They quickly took care of it - at least quickly once I called it to their attention. The place itself was also very nice although we ate outside on the sidewalk and didn't really see much of the interior of the restaurant.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Boynton Beach, Florida
“An Interesting Easter Sunday!!!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

This place is a bust compared to the Fort Lauderdale location. Way, way too noisy and too modern for a good Italian restaurant...more like a sushi place. Very crowded with kids on Easter making too much noise and even one running around without her shoes on! Who allows their kids to do that in an upscale restaurant on a holiday? No class in Boca that's for sure.
When it came time to pay they had problems processing my gift card, after more than a half hour they decided not to accept the card and forced us to put our meal on a credit card. When I got home and contacted the gift card place the card had a $200 credit remaining, the same thing this morning. This afternoon the restaurant called and said they managed to get the card through, would credit my credit card and take the same amount off the gift card. They would then be sending me a new gift card for the remaining balance. They went on to say that "they hoped to see us again soon." Not bloody likely!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'll do take out to get rid of the card and they will NEVER see us again.

• Visited March 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Florida
“Consistently Wonderful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

Not sure how a simple arugula salad can taste so divine! The pasta dishes are just delightful. We love this neighborhood favorite. The food is always wonderful and the service is great too! We'll be back soon ;-)

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Israel
“Utterly obnoxious and disappointing”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

I need to correct my previous 5-circle review of this restaurant after our very unpleasant experience in February of this year. Perhaps it's because it was a Saturday night during "high-season", but I don't think we'll be back.

We had to wait more than half an hour for our table. No apologies, no "have this drink on us while you're standing and waiting".. Just very snooty, scantily dressed hostesses who avoided looking at us. We were finally placed in a corner table outside, and had to ask for water and bread basket after none arrived in a timely manner. Our waiter was frazzled, stressed, and totally inattentive. Did he notice that we left our sub-par $48 lamb chops barely eaten on our plates? Or that the mushroom risotto we mostly left was swimming in sauce instead of having being delicately, subtly balanced?

It was our fault that we did not complain to the host until we were out the door. The waiter did not comment and charged us for everything.

We will not return and have crossed this once pleasurable restaurant off our list.

• Visited February 2013