“Bad steak for a steakhouse but good otherwise” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Abe & Louie's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 636 Restaurants in Boca Raton
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Doing business, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Our classic, upscale steak house presents fine dining in an atmosphere of timeless elegance, offering guests the finest cuts of prime meats, fresh seafood, and much more. The Abe & Louie's experience focuses on providing undeniably superior service and classically prepared cuisine in a truly impressive setting.
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
“Bad steak for a steakhouse but good otherwise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013 via mobile

I recently dined at Abe and Louie's. My "medium" steak was burned to a crisp. The side of garlic sautéed broccoli was delicious however, and I strongly recommend the skillet cookie for dessert - it was incredibly delicious. Our waiter was very friendly and attentive. Other than the poor steak & the extreme priciness (the bill for my boyfriend & I was $175), the experience was a good one.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

London, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Dreadful dreadful waiter”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

Sadly and wrong of me I never go on tripadvisor to praise a restaurant, this I must do! Joe's Chicago, Annabelles SF. the former a dining and service experience that has to be done , the latter a good food, good fun restaurant.

I believe one of my party beat me to the review of Abe & Louie's and may have stole my thunder.

When I mentioned to the concierge where we were dining, I noticed a raised eyebrow!

Undeterred we set off on a cold evening to the sanctity of Abe & Louie's for a dining experience Boston style. Greeting staff : Good , escorted to a favourable table, and our first meeting with Black Beard, on my own I generally engage, just to make sure there hasn't been some kind of mistake, assess, and then generally address straight away that there really is a problem. I have no time for rudeness, when it comes to spending my hard earned! With company , especially hard to do, you've got to be respectful of their feelings and how they would feel in a confrontational situation. Black Beard read the situation and he was playing to the latter.

The 'raw' food in this restaurant is of a very high quality, with Black Beard that maybe what you will get, two medium rare steaks ordered and one missed the kitchen completely, mine was a beauty, beautiful steak ,PERFECT! Tuna ordered , rare,seared both ends, Result, something that fell out of a tin.

I honestly believe Black Beard has a bit of an issue, and he compounded it all by coming to our table and highlighting to us that as we were Europeans, the tipping requirements. My God , the imbicile, what an idiot, a clown. On my own I can deal with it, but with friends? Compounded it all by sticking a birthhday gratuity on the bill.

I 've felt so insensed writing this, that I called and got put through to the manager Louie, nice guy, apologetic, wanted to correct a wrong, 4k miles away, it aint going to happen!

The raw ingredients these guys have is really good! but if you get Black beard who can't take an order you are stuffed! Yes we are Europeans , but complaining at 10pm?

This is a really well staffed : customer restaurant, and we were offered one bottle of wine, which we had, by the time we were ready for the next one, no one was there, moment passed, experience lost, we were through.

Amusing to observe the tipping expectations v service.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Ventenac-en-Minervois, France
“A very nice evening”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Just about a no-brainer. Always great food. Great drinks and don't forget you wallet! Strongly recommend for late night dining.

Visited October 2012
Melville
“Suoerb steakhouse without breaking the bank”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

If you want fabulous service of mouthwatering food without breaking the bank, and who doesn't, make a reservation at Abe and Louie's. We arrived on time and told apologetically that our table would be ready in ten minutes. At the bar, we were delighted at the selection of excellent wines by the glass, almost all $10 or less. Exactly 10 minutes llater, a charming young woman came to us and ushered us to our table. There was no beeper nor did she have to call out our name. Very classy. The ambience has been well described by others. Our server, Gee, was old school charming classical style. The sweet potato soup was suggested, but Gee told me to order a cup not a bowl so i could enjoy the steak we ordered. The Abe and Louie salad at $10 was excellent and the tuna tartare superb. Each portion was large enough to be shared, but we all tasted each. Prices were about the same as any other steakhouse, about $42, but my sirloin could have served all three of us. My wife and guest shared the bone-in ribeye. There was no sharing charge. There was enough left over for dinner the next night. Both were, we all agreed, the best we had ever tasted, perfectly seasoned and not kitschy, certinly not buttered up like Peter Lugers. The baked potato moistened with oil and rolled in Kosher salt was big enough for three to share. We did not need another side. We skipped dessert but again most were under $10 and coffe was $3.00! Unheard of in a steakhouse! Even capuccino was only $5. All in all, the three of us ate and drank for under $200 including drinks and a generous and well deserved tip. Yes, if evryine has an appetizer, his or her own steak, several sides and orders an expensive bottle of wine, you can spend a fortune - but you do not have to do so to enjoy an expertly served wonderful meal in lovely surroundings.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Blackwood, NJ
“Amazing again!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013 via mobile

We discovered this restaurant last year and loved everything about it. Although our trip back to Florida was to Palm Beach I didn't care that there are many wonderful restaurants close by. We drove the 40 minute drive to celebrate our 41st anniversary to Abe and Louie's. My bone in filet with a side of sautéed vidalia onions was delicious. My husband also enjoyed his veal chop. A bit expensive but worth it. Our waiter Kyle was professional, friendly and did everything he could to make it a pleasant experience.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere