“Nice property but also very spread out. ” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Rates from $249/nt
Ranked #1 of 26 Hotels in Boca Raton
Kentucky
“Nice property but also very spread out. ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Nice hotel with very attentive staff, but the property itself is extremely large with seemingly odd placements of elevators and stairways. Plan on walking distances to get where you need to be. The real drawback to the resort is the lack of available transportation(Taxis, black cars, etc). Almost non existent and beyond slow to arrive. Plan ahead if you want to do anything off property.

Stayed July 2014
Boca Raton R, General Manager at Boca Beach Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Good Afternoon,

Thank you for your comments. I am so glad to hear you had a positive experience at the Boca Beach Club! I understand your concerns about the distance between amenities at the resort. We do offer a complimentary shuttle to transport our guests to the different amenities throughout the resort and club, but your review has us wondering if we need to offer more options for transportation. We are always looking to better the guest experience, so this is extremely valuable feedback. I hope we will see you at the Boca Beach Club again soon!

Boca Beach Club

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (297)
Boca Raton, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

First let me start by saying that the property and amenities are absolutely amazing! From the moment my boyfriend and I walked in to the hotel we were welcomed and treated with such hospitality. Mr. Hess, the Manager, was so warm and treated us like family. He truly went beyond the call of duty to make our experience so wonderful! My boyfriend and I have been to this hotel about four times in the past month due to the first class service we received and for the paradise setting! I highly recommend spending your next vacation here!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Melissa,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay, and thank you for remembering Richard Hess for your review. We are so lucky to have him on our team! I am so glad to hear that you and your boyfriend have had such positive experiences with us over the past month. We hope you will continue to join us at the Boca Beach Club. As always, please let us know if there is anything we can do to make your stays more extraordinary!

Pompano Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

For a dear friend's birthday, I booked us at the beach location for the weekend. The building was updated since my last stay and it was beautiful. Staci Frachtman at the front office was incredibily sweet and helpful in helping us choose a delicious dinner location (Sea Grill a the beach club) and helped to make reservationd for the Ritual Baths at the Spa. The spa is at the main building, while looking lost the front office supervisor, Brad Shapiro helped us to find our way and made suggestions as to lunch and the other amenities. On our way out we ran into him again and he noted how relaxed we looked. Besides the charm and beauty of the property....the staff is a wonderful complement as well. They help to make it a truly magnificent experience.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Boca Raton R, General Manager at Boca Beach Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
Dear Suzy,

Thank you for your feedback, and thank you for choosing the Boca Beach Club for your friend's birthday celebration! We are so glad you felt relaxed and our team was able to assist you. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again for many more special occasions!

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

This hotel gives clients so much variety for their stay, No matter which hotel you stay at (bungalows, beach club, tower), you have access to all of them, and this really widens the experience -- especially because each aspect of the resort is unique. The shuttle service is both efficient and welcoming, and it runs very late for bar hoppers.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Waldorf Astoria

Theresa,

Thank you so much for your positive feedback. I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay with us, and that you found our shuttle service to be convenient! I hope you will join us again in the future!

Lake in the Hills, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

Long story, Ill try to make it short...
My husband and I went to this hotel for our honeymoon 6 years ago. We stayed in the Lunai room ($700 a night). We had a good time until something bad happened to me at the spa. I had to stay in the room for 48 hours because I was burnt in the detox bath, the lady pushed me down in the water after I tried to get up. Paramedics came, ect. The old manager was horrible, he didn't even offer me a free ride to the hospital, let alone offer free dinner, considering we had to cancel our dinner reservations. He said he would call me a cab. Anyway my husband was in the army and was leaving for six months, and I just wanted to stay with him. Well the new manager found out and offered me to come back and he would make things right, that he would show us a good time. We decided to take our 6th year anniversary and go back.
We were so excited to go back, we bought tickets, took off work, and saved up. We were so excited, we thought everything will be great, they defiantly would not do us wrong. We had to take an early flight , and leave Chicago at 2:00 a.m. We arrived at 10:00, I was so tired, but I knew I would be able to go to my Lunai room and take a nap. Dun dun dunn...We checked in and guess what..or Lunai room was flooded. OMG! I wanted to cry, I actually did.;( The manager Richard, was helping us. They told us they would give us a room up stairs. The Lunai room has a door so you can walk right out to the pool and beach. Its a really big deal for us because we are from Chicago. They said the room upstairs would be ready soon and they would call us when its ready. I also had a voucher for free champaign upon arrival , I gave it to Richard and he didn't say anything. I thought maybe they would have it in our room to surprise us. They gave us $60 credit to sit outside and have lunch. Well, mixed drinks are $14 a piece and tip is about $17 a drink...yeah that was gone in 30 min. Yes it was nice, but I would rather just have the room I was promised. We waited outside for three hours for their call. We finally went up stairs to the check in counter and he said sorry, the room is ready. He also told me if I needed anything at all to call him. We went up to the room and no, no champaign. No happy anniversary ..nothing. I finally fell asleep and someone tried to open the door to check the mini bar (are you kidding me). It woke us up and I was so upset.
Finally our last night, we got to move to the Lunai room. Richard said he would personally see that we move there. Yeah 12:00 still no call, I called the front desk and asked, they said they would let us know when its ready. !2:30 they called, and said it was ready. When we got in the room it smelled like bleach sooo bad, It mad me sick. I starting crying, seriously could not even believe this was happening. I called and talked to Stacie a different manger, I was tired of talking to Richard. He never called once, just to ask how everything was. We always had to call him. That feels awful. Anyway thank God for Stacie, she was the sweetest person, who actually gave a damb. She took care of us for the rest of our last day. It was so nice to see someone take action and help us enjoy our stay. If it was not for her I would have officially hated this place. She even gave me hug.
Overall, I figured I would write the truth and you as viewers can decide. Kelley Voss, The main Manager is really a good guy,Im assuming he had no idea this was going on. I just feel so sad. We really wanted this to be our place we come every anniversary. There were other bad things that happened as well, these were just a few. I dont have enough room to write them. If I were the manager and asked a couple to come back and I would make it right..Id make it right darn it! I would have personally wanted to be involved in there every need. I would have never made them wait outside, I would have given them a room right away , The best room in the house! I also would have made it special for the anniversary. If your going to own a hotel make sure you take care of all your guests, not just the rich ones or the work groups. Treat others how you would like to be treated. I really wanted this to be a 5 star review!
p.s The blue restaurant is awesome!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Boca Raton R, General Manager at Boca Beach Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Good Afternoon,

Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of what happened during your anniversary vacation with us. I am extremely discouraged to hear about your stay. You had given us the chance to make up for your previous stay with us, and we missed that opportunity. You deserve the very best when visiting a Waldorf Astoria Resort, and I am so sorry we were unable to do this for you. I am going to follow-up with you in a private message to discuss matters further.

Thank you again for bringing this to our attention.

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

I had two weekend Hilton certificates expiring July 15th and I feel like I was clearly on the best end of this stay. I used them July 12th for one night two rooms (putting my son and his g/f in the second room- king, my daughter and I in another - double). Had I know I would love this place so much, I should have stayed two nights and put us all in one room.

Check in was right at the Boca Beach Club (no need to get on any type of shuttle - that was my assumption when reading reviews). We never even went over to the other facility as it was just too short of time. There aren't many balconies at this resort and those balcony rooms are very low so you do not have the view. The rooms on higher floors have the cleanest floor to ceiling windows giving you an unbelievable view. As a Hilton Gold, we were upgraded to ocean view rooms. My sons room also viewed the pool and ocean, mine the ocean and the rooftop of some unknown facility. Still gorgeous. There is a sliding door with glass/bar across so you don't fall out, but it allows you to enjoy some of the ocean breeze, without the balcony part. Just lovely. The bathroom was incredible. Big soaking bathtub then a separate area with toilet, scale and another separate stand up huge overhead shower. Amenities/product were very nice. Very foo foo - not conditioner but hair moisturizer. :)

We brought a couple of bottles of wine, my son's room had plenty of seating around a table so we played cards that night, watching the moon rise. So gorgeous and enjoyable. Checkout was 11, but as a Gold I asked if we could depart at 1 which was approved, but at the pool Sunday morning it started pouring at 11:30 , so we checked out of by noon.

With the resort fee, most everything is included, including bellhop service. The bellhop actually "tried" to say no to his tip, eventually took it. But they really do not have their hand out like so many other hotel workers. Odd, but true. The resort fee is waived if using points/certificates. so WOW, is all I can say.

Besides bellhop service included, so was chairs/umbrellas on the beach and/or around pool. flavored water at pool and in hotel set up. Coffee in room, coffee was available at hotel bar in the morning for $. We received four welcome drinks (wine/beer/well drinks - but we used for soda the day we were leaving). internet was also included. Parking is about $30 with in/out service. We actually drove over to Mizner Park for dinner which was nearby with tons of restaurants/shops, etc. Lunch came to $86 at the pool restaurant (four sandwiches + four sodas + tip/tax). pricey but I have to say, we all said it was the yummiest, freshest sandwiches we ever had at a hotel. So overall, with lunch, parking, a pina colada and a few tips here and there, it was a great deal and the staff could not have been any more giving.

The beach was so incredibly clean, the water was beautiful and warm and we really enjoyed swimming and floating around chatting in the water. It was peaceful. The pool was much more busy, they have three pools. We stayed in the one with less children. All pools were very clean. On weekends there is a complimentary water aerobics class for an hour. Very well attended and a great instructor.

Remember, its Boca. There is a lot of silicon walking around in skimpy swimsuits if you know what I mean. That and a lot of older Jewish New York transplants and/or vacationers. I'm a New Yorker myself, gone for a long time. I enjoyed hearing my native accent so much.

Kudos to all the staff there, terrific. Whenever I get a weekend certificate, I know where I'm going to use it. If I ever win the lotto, I'm moving to Boca and will just join the boca beach club.

Shout out to Richard Hess, the Front Office manager who was incredibly helpful and nice to me and my family. Thanks for the ocean view rooms.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Boca Raton R, General Manager at Boca Beach Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort, responded to this review, July 18, 2014
Good Afternoon,

Thank you for your detailed feedback! I am so happy to hear you and your family had such a pleasant experience at the Boca Beach Club! I only wish you had been able to stay longer. Thank you for remembering Richard for your review. He is such an asset to our team. We hope we will see you again for another staycation!

Firenze, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

For anyone believing that South Florida is worthy only of a winter time visit...quickly forget this notion! The Boca Beach Club is probably one of the best properties we have ever visited and it is the summer and living is easy. Gorgeous, stunning really in every aspect. Beach is pristine, rooms are spectacular with every detail thought of and food and beverage consistent. Staff excels and in this regard can compliment Lucas and Stacy who upgraded us without any question or even asking. We are however Gold with Hilton. It should be noted that we usually ask for NO connecting doors. This does not exist at this property. There are TWO doors, but they are not into the bedrooms just two doors to two separate rooms....also, the balcony is on a low floor and there are only a few and it is not necessary at all. You must see to understand what I mean and they explained this to us patiently and were quite correct. We were on a 6th Floor room with direct ocean views. Really lovely. Now to put this property in South Florida into money values...we live in Italy....at this time of the year, you would travel to Spain, Greece or stay in Italy and go to the beach at Forte dei Marmi...where a hotel like this...which would be the Imperiale would cost about 700 EUROS per night!! We feel for the quality and what you get during the summer months...and you can get quite a good deal on Hilton's site that includes parking and breakfast and even a late checkout...this hotel is a steal!! People write that it is pricey but until you have seen what other places get you do not realize how special and wonderful South Florida and in particular this resort of Boca Beach Club and Waldorf Astoria Resort is. There is a shuttle to the main resort, several restaurants in both hotels and a water taxi that operates until about 5:45 in the afternoon. The resort charge includes two chairs, umbrella and towels. We loved our stay and are planning another one as soon as we can before heading back to Italy. We know so many Italians visiting states during summer because of the favorable Euros to Dollar rate...but I think a relaxing stay at the conclusion would be a wonderful thing to do. This hotel is so well run....it shows in every aspect. Kudos also to Robert, head bellcaptain and formerly of the Breakers in Palm Beach. Also Angelica our server in the Grille, lovely and personable.

Room Tip: rooms above 4th floor to avoid palms in front blocking view of ocean