“Lovely property with some elements that could be improved” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Rates from $399
Ranked #1 of 26 hotels in Boca Raton
Vancouver, Canada
“Lovely property with some elements that could be improved”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

I was travelling solo to the Boca Beach Club. It was a lovely property with sweeping ocean views. The room was jaw dropping gorgeous due to the view and the bathroom. The room service was fast and good and the front desk service was exceptional and friendly as well. The amount of pools, including a quieter adult pool, was welcomed. However, some aspects of service at the hotel could be improved upon. I waited for quite some time (15-20 minutes) at the outdoor restaurant before I was served. Granted, it was quite busy and I was a solo traveller so perhaps overlooked- but I did notice that people at other tables who arrived after me were served before me. Once the server did arrive she was quite friendly and efficient. The other service problem I had was with the shuttle service. Unfortunately, I had to go to a medical clinic during my stay and asked the concierge/front desk to request a taxi. I waited 45-50 minutes for the taxi to arrive however the taxi never did. The concierge was extremely apologetic. When it was determined that the medical clinic was on the hotel 's shuttle's route, I boarded the shuttle and was told that after I was done in town, to call for another shuttle to come get me. After my appointment, I called for the other shuttle as instructed. When the shuttle arrived, the driver proceeded to shout at me saying ' why didn't you notice a shuttle was already here?!'. I didn't notice that a shuttle from the hotel was waiting in a different location from the drop off area. Perhaps it was my mistake for not noticing but having a hotel representative yell at you in the street for this mistake is uncalled for. I did mention this incident to the hotel management who were apologetic.
A smaller observation I have is the pool chairs - they are not so great for a property of this calibre. There is a two tier pool chair system (as ridiculous as that may sound!). All the good pool chairs are taken by guests in the morning while the older, not as comfortable but more plentiful chairs are available throughout the day. I've stayed at some great properties around the world and have never seen a hotel have two types of markedly different pool chairs. For a beach club - this type of thing could be improved.
All in all, I would recommend staying at the Boca Beach Club for its location, fantastic rooms and overall service.

Room Tip: Choose an ocean view room! Well worth the price differential.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo

636 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (176)
Toledo, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

I stayed at this hotel, in the Beach Club, while in Boca Raton for a company conference. The Great Hall where our conference was held was the perfect size and space for accommodating 400 attendees. Technology ran smoothly and the rooms were cool during a hot weekend. The room my co-worker and I stayed in at the Beach Club was beautiful, clean, and comfortable. The linens felt pretty cheap, for the scale of hotel we were in, but they were clean and fresh. The concierge services were incredibly accommodating and professional. Overall, we were both VERY satisfied with our experiences at the Boca Resort.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Waldorf Astoria

Roslyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

We recently stayed at the Boca Beach Club in Boca Raton. The hotel property is beautiful. It sits right on the beach with 3 pools, and nicely landscaped pool area. It was very convenient to just walk out of your hotel, onto the beach. It was much like a resort in the Caribbean, which we were going to book, but decided on Florida instead, due to relatives that lived in the area. The rooms are nicely appointed, but no balcony on the upper floors. The beds were comfortable and even the rollaway cot my daughter slept on was too! The staff was very nice, and helpful. The only negatives were the prices of EVERYTHING!! The food was ridiculously expensive , however very good. My suggestion, is if you like a hotel on the beach in Boca, and want "resort" feel stay here, but eat out, or bring in to your room. I saw many families bringing in lunch in a bag from a deli and eating it poolside. It is located in a beautiful area, right off of the Intracoastal, so there are no bad views. If you stay here, bring lots of extra cash for in room snack bar, or poolside snacks.

Room Tip: choose higher floors away from pool, for quiet.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013 via mobile

I am coming off a 3 night stay at the Beach Club, which I stayed at for a conference.
The great: the rooms are gorgeous. Beautiful decor, spotless, spacious, great bathroom, ridiculously comfortable bed. Great location, beautiful private beach, warm pools.
The ugly: service stinks. Let me say that again. Service here was not even up to standard Hilton hotel standards, let alone a Waldorf property. I'm a Hyatt and Ritz customer, and this was Hilton's chance to win me over. They failed. A few comments:
1) the shuttle busses do not run on a set schedule. Instead they are supposed to show up every 10-12 minutes. I had to go back and forth to the main resort, and several times the busses all showed up together. And then left together. Leaving you to wait 20-30 minutes. I've attached a photo for management. It was insane.
2) the day I checked in someone knocked on my door when I was on a video conference. I asked him to come back later. 5 minutes later he's back. This time he insisted on coming in and checking the mini bar. I continued my call. On top of it, he started asking me questions while I was on the call!
3) I needed to ship a package and called the bell stand to get it. They told me they were on their way. 20 mins later I called and I'm told they will check. I call again. Finally he shows up and admits that he forgot. Seriously?
4) poolside lounges are the padded mattress type in the first row next to the pools. All others are the old sling type. Why not upgrade them all? At this type of resort, I would expect the pool staff to setup a lounge with towels, maybe even provide water. Nope.
5) my favorite-- my colleagues met for lunch at the Palm Court restaurant in the main hotel. 20 minutes after ordering eggs, yogurt and fruit and not seeing our waiter, I asked the manager to check into it. In her stern German accent she actually scolded us-- you only sat 5 minutes ago. No. She came back- it's only been 15 minutes. It takes that long to make eggs. Where? Finally after a half hour my CEO tells her we want those dishes comped. Her response, 'Absolutely not! I give you 10%, nothing more'. He says no. 'Fine, 15% but not more'. Never have I seen that treatment, even at a Friendly's!!
So, net net I was waiting to be asked about my experience at checkout and I wasn't. I was handed my bill with no thank you, and no 'safe trip home' and certainly no 'how was your stay'. After a week of watching front desk staff sipping coffee and talking on cell phones, I'm not suprised. But, we were a group of heavy traveling management consultants-- and we were shocked at the poor performance of this resort.
Mizner would be ashamed.

• Stayed April 2013
bbcmgmt, General Manager at Boca Beach Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
I appreciate your review of your recent experience at the Boca Beach Club. We know that your interactions with our staff members can define your hotel stay, and we strive to provide a unique service experience that is nothing but the best. To ensure this, we have undertaken additional training exercises to improve our service delivery in all these important areas in which you have mentioned. The next time you are in the area, I hope you will return to our hotel so we can deliver the unparalleled service experience you deserve. Please feel free to contact me directly if you have any additional comments. We certainly value your feedback and your business.

Peter J. Serena
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

This hotel is a "every man for himself" resort. It provides a nice setting with the beach and pool very convenient. It is priced high for every single thing but lacks the service or quality of rooms to justify those costs. Good weather and a decent experience, but do your research first.

Review collected in partnership with Waldorf Astoria

bbcmgmt, General Manager at Boca Beach Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. We promise our guests a singular Waldorf luxury experience, and we are always working to ensure that our pricing is in line with the quality of the guest experience. Your satisfaction is very important to us, and we try hard to make sure all our guests have a rewarding experience at our hotel. We hope that next time you are in the area, you will consider staying at the Boca Beach Club again so we may better demonstrate our commitment to your satisfaction.

Peter J. Serena
Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

We just returned from a fantastic stay at the resort and can only rave about the staff, accommodations, food and facilities. I am a repeat guest of both the Beach Club and main resort (many times) and despite the capacity Easter weekend, and two wedding parties on site, we didn't have a single complaint. Before they renovated the 200+ rooms, the beach was the big draw to this side of the resort. Now the rooms (fastidiously maintained) are serene bastions of comfort and the proximity/views of the ocean terrific. The highly trained seasoned staff is a critical component if you are at all dissatisfied with any aspect of your stay. They strive to satisfy and in past years have always more than responded to sensible requests. Yes it's a large resort with more than a thousand rooms with the resort and beach combined, but the personal attention given to guests and the huge number of available activities make it feel like our own family playground. It's one of the few resorts my kids never bore of and there is activities every day for all age groups. Awesome tennis, golf, beach toys, restaurants (great variation and cuisine), beautiful interior spaces. You can take quiet beach strolls, participate in private or group golf/tennis or get your fill of world class shopping just down the street at Mizner. The valid complaint during peak periods is room prices can be prohibitive, but that's the same at most resorts these days (if you can still find airline seats to get there!) and we have found on our many returns to the Resort and Beach Club, that its worth it.

Room Tip: Many of the rooms can be connected by request and the ocean view rooms are worth the price differenc...
Basking Ridge, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

Conveniently located on the beach. Easy access via shuttle to the Boca Raton Resort where there are many dinner options with great food. 3 pools (1 is adults only). The rooms are nice, good storage. We had adjoining rooms (2 adults/3 kids) which worked out nice. Not much to do for older kids, so our active boys got bored after a few days. We rented bikes (great idea). We stayed here last year and I recall beach volleyball, which wasn't there this time. Great gym. On the day we checked out, the pool area was a zoo of people, so I would not want to stay here during prime season. This place is really expensive. We did not have a breakfast package, so we spent over $100 every morning for 5 people to eat a breakfast buffet! Ridiculous. Staff was friendly. The vibe is great.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Been to Boca Beach Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort? Share your experiences!