“Great beach option for families...but $$$$” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Rates from $249/nt
Ranked #1 of 26 Hotels in Boca Raton
Basking Ridge, New Jersey
“Great beach option for families...but $$$$”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

Conveniently located on the beach. Easy access via shuttle to the Boca Raton Resort where there are many dinner options with great food. 3 pools (1 is adults only). The rooms are nice, good storage. We had adjoining rooms (2 adults/3 kids) which worked out nice. Not much to do for older kids, so our active boys got bored after a few days. We rented bikes (great idea). We stayed here last year and I recall beach volleyball, which wasn't there this time. Great gym. On the day we checked out, the pool area was a zoo of people, so I would not want to stay here during prime season. This place is really expensive. We did not have a breakfast package, so we spent over $100 every morning for 5 people to eat a breakfast buffet! Ridiculous. Staff was friendly. The vibe is great.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (303)
Clermont, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

My wife and I decided to take our family on a vacation to the Boca Beach Club this past weekend as a nice end to the kids' spring break. I am a Hilton Gold Member (soon to be Diamond) and decided to cash in some Hilton Honors points to book two rooms at this premier resort in Southeast Florida. For 50,000 points a night (per room) our room was average at best (room #'s 40347 & 40349)... they over looked an adjacent building's rusty roof and air conditioning units.. if you looked real hard you could see the ocean. I had requested two queen size beds and was informed shortly after booking that only rooms with a King Bed were available. I was ok with this, but was shocked that the reservation agent did not state that there was a pullout twin bed in the room as well which was actually a nice surprise but would have saved me from hauling two air mattresses with me.

Many other's on trip advisor have commented... this is a membership club as well as a large hotel. On Easter weekend, this becomes quite a problem as the member's descend on this hotel along with a sold out property = well over 3,000 people on the pool deck and absolutely no lounge chairs available. The same went for the beach, where they ran out of beach chairs for the guests. I came across one member who asked me if I was at the hotel on vacation, when I replied yes she mentioned "Well then you are the reason that the pool is so crowded then." What?!? I thought this was a hotel? Not a country club that myself and my family were infringing on the members of by staying at what is supposed to be a luxury resort..

The staff seems to feel the same way. There is no service offering anywhere near that of a Four Seasons or Ritz Carlton. I will say that the majority of the folks in the valet and the bellmen were very nice, but the bartenders, front desk hosts, towel attendants (which were constantly out of towels) and everyone else we met at the hotel was dismissive... I only saw them engaging towards what seemed to be regulars... or members.

Marriott has recently offered to meet my status with Hilton, and after using my points to book this the Boca Beach Club, I am going to give them a shot. I would much rather stay at a Ritz with my hard earned points than any hotel that bears the name Waldorf Astoria if this is what I can expect upon doing so.

Room Tip: Do not allow them to put you in a room that starts with 40... You will be looking at rusty air cond...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
bbcmgmt, General Manager at Boca Beach Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. We are glad you chose the Boca Beach Club to indulge during spring break and we thank you for your loyalty as a rewards member. I apologize that we couldn't accommodate your room request and failed to properly communicate your room accommodations. We have addressed your concerns with our team and are looking at how we can better serve all of our guests in the future. It's never out intent to undervalue any guest and additional training has been offered to avoid that issue in the future and ensure that our guests are surrounded by inspirational environments during their stays. We truly value your business and would regret losing you has our guest. I assure you that if you give us another opportunity, you will find the singular Waldorf luxury experience you deserve.

washngton dc
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

Booked this through American Express Platinum Travel...get the fourth night free. Given the price, otherwise would never have done so. But...I have stayed in Lauderdale and South Beach and this place has a better beach vibe. Just more chill. We had a Lanai room. Walk right out to the pool area. Suggestion to hotel developers. Make it such that guests can reenter the room from sliding glass door with their room key. Breakfast was included with my rate so of course was fine...could do to shake up the menu a bit. Valet parking and Resort fee adds to cost, which is becoming more annoyingly commonplace. Rented bikes one day which was really nice given the great bike paths on the ocean highway. We ate dinner several times at the Boca Resort and loved the ease of the shuttle. Added a Disney feel...wonder how the rooms were here, but got a Grand Floridian feel in the lobby areas. Did the spa which was lovely. The front desk area (beach club) could be a little more friendly...we are not all club members but we are paying a lot of money to stay here. The pool food and drinks were good,. In early March the pool chairs were attainable but no props here to the pool staff (they seemed indifferent to helping and earning a tip). I wonder how stressful finding pool chairs is in the high season. I suggest staff pay more attention to hotel (vs club) guests and they may justify the prices they charge the latter.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

My original reservation was at the main hotel, Boca Club and Resort. We were moved over to the Beach Club unexpectedly and I was beyond thrilled. It's a smaller property but so sleek and chic... It's right on the water and the pool area is amazing. There is a heated kids pool and an adults only pool. The service is impeccable ... There was sand art, hair braiding and tattoos for the kids and their lunch same in buckets which they loved! The valet was great as well... The hotel was packed and we never waited more than three minutes for our car. I could not have been happier with this stay.

• Stayed March 2013
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

My fiancé and I have spent several nights in different hotels around the country and we were really hoping to make these next five days relaxing and enjoyable for both. We were quite anxious and excited about this particular hotel especially with how fancy everything seemed from the digital desrcriptions and online photos. We have had a few minor problems that seem to stick out when you are spending so much money/ points on a vacation that is much needed... We just hope that the rest of the days and nights are enjoyable and relaxing because you can't buy time if its wasted on complaints or anything that contributes to a not so enjoyable vacation.

• Stayed March 2013
Weston, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

I agree with an earlier review and had a similar experience. Would have gicen a 4-5 star rating but...
I'm a Hilton Diamond member and stay at many Waldorf Astoria Properties across the country (especially in Florida). The grounds, building, facilities and surroundings are outstanding. We are still at the hotel and enjoying all activities and amenities. It has a great atmosphere for families and a very kids friendly environment. Other guests and members are mostly well behaved and not annoying as in other resorts we have stayed in the past. However, I will say that service has not been up to par. In the past 3 days we have had multiple mishaps with the valet service not having the right car pulled up 3 times and waiting more than 20 minutes for our vehicle even when it’s called in advance. The front desk could be friendlier, they seemed rushed and hospitality has been missing there. Pool service has been hit and miss, seems like plenty of staff not motivated enough to work harder and being nicer. I guess that’s what you get when 18% tip is included. I understand why they do this, but I am not a guest who does not typically tip well if deserved. For the amount of money you spend, their service staff should be friendlier and better. So far we have been at Cielo, Serendipity, Beaches Rest, Ocean Bar and Snack with similar experiences across the board- slow and uninterested to surpass expectations. Staff seems to gravitate to treat better the actual club members, which it’s understandable as regulars, but it should not be as blunt though. I could not believe that the coffee bar charged me for a second espresso after I spilled/dropped the first one on the floor. A well trained employee would have taken this as an opportunity to go over and above and provide with a complementary one. Shame that the little things over shadows how great this place can be. BTW, other Hilton properties go over and above by treating their Diamond members better, I have not felt the "special" treatment here. Still debating if we will be back…

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
bbcmgmt, General Manager at Boca Beach Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
We regret that our services have not been the best we have to offer, since the beginning of your stay. We strive for flawless service delivery and we are always looking for ways to ensure that each guest experiences the very best we have to offer. As a loyal guest, your feedback will help us to continue to improve our training processes, and we will personally contact you to help ensure the rest of your stay is enjoyable.

Saint Louis, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

We are still currently at the property. Things that are great: the great guy who checked us in, our pick up from the airport, the pool staff, and the amount of weekend activities for kids.
What is not great, the guy that brought our luggage to our room was clearly distracted and it made me feel like we were annoying him. I had 3 hiccups regarding childcare, Dinner choices at this property are a big disappointment, most things stop at 6pm, but when you go to Snack to grab pizza, salad, or whatever for an early dinner, they have all the fresh foods put away by 5:15 :( So the only options for us are to go to the other property or room service. And room service...every meal has had a problem. One so much that they completely changed the recipe but did not alert me, when my pasta was remade and rushed, I got what looked like scraps, the top of carrot, with the leaf stems attached, it was such a bummer.

There is a major snow storm heading towards our home town, I called the front desk to ask about staying an extra day if our flights need to be moved. I was again given the same snotty attitude because I booked through a 3rd party, I was reminded if I wanted a better price, to try the 3rd party booking agent. I booked our rooms with Visa points but also paid and extra $1600. Service at Serendipity was ridiculously slow. It was just me and my 2 yr old and I think we were there over 2 hrs. Air conditioning seems to be an ongoing issue, I set ours at 65 the day we got here, it has not cooled off much and even with the curtains drawn, the room does not stay cool.

Too many things just continue to add up that are not the quality one would expect from a Waldorf resort.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
bbcmgmt, General Manager at Boca Beach Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
I can assure you that the service you received are not acceptable. We pride ourselves in luxury hospitality and flawless service. Attention to detail and going above and beyond for our guests should be a main focus. Thank you for bringing this to our attention and I ask that you contact me so we can discuss your concerns and assist you in any way I can.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Boca Raton
Hilton Garden Inn Boca Raton
Hilton Garden Inn Boca Raton
#2 of 26 in Boca Raton
4.5 of 5 stars 276 reviews

Been to Boca Beach Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort? Share your experiences!