“Wonderful Resort” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 26 Hotels in Boca Raton
new york
“Wonderful Resort”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Just returned from a girls' weekend at the Boca Beach Club. The resort was fantastic! Great location and the service was excellent. The lobby bar had unique and tasty cocktails, which we enjoyed every evening. This resort was immaculate, I don't think I have ever been to a cleaner hotel. Look forward to returning!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (212)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

just returned from six glorious days @ the boca beach club. EVERYTHING was perfect. the accommodations, the food, the facilities are clean and fantastic-especially the three heated pools.
best of all was the entire staff , all of whom we were in contact went out of their way to be helpful, friendly and courteous.
Must make special mention of the following: Alan-bellhop, Chase-concierge,Christine and Anne our poolside servers,Adrian-chef who prepared special gluten free food for us, Eric and Juliet at the tennis and golf shop, and,of course, Sparkle who lights up the place just being there.
Everyone, everone was especially professional and we could see they were glad to be employed at BCC.
Our thanks to the management for training and leading such a happy team.
We are thinking about our next trip to BCC.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
The Jersey Shore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013 via mobile

We enjoyed this property and will return. This is the Beach Club on an ocean beach which is a part of the larger Boca Resort set inland on the water (not ocean) and a golf course. The properties are a mile or two away from each other, shuttle service is provided so guests can enjoy both properties. There is a boat shuttle (only one so it runs about every 20 or 30 mins)which is avail from 10am to 6 pm with an hour break around lunch, and a small bus type shuttle ( there were several riunning at the same time when we were there) for which we never had to wait more than 5 mins. The area was busy but most of the time chairs could be found especially on the beach where additional chairs could be set up as needed. The Beach Club is open to members as well and Saturday seemed to be the most popular day for them to visit. Everyone seems to clear out by 5ish.
The Beach Club has three pools - one adult, one family and one for the cabana area which was also a family pool. The beach is long but narrow. At both the pool and the beach there are several types of loungers, regular chairs are free and there are bed and day bed types avail for a charge. Umbrellas at the pool were free but good luck finding someone to put them up for you after the initial set up. The pool staff all gathers and waits by the towel container for newly arriving guests. I had trouble getting attention after my initial set up even after asking four times for assistance from those passing by with other guests promising to return, but instead went back to the gathering area chatting with each other and not paying any attention to existing guests with hand raised and waiving. Pool wait staff came intermittenly (more ofter would have been better)and seemed to be more focused on the regular club members with whom they apparently knew. If I went back I would be sure to tip them upon arrival on a busy day to ensure a higher level of service. There is also an extensive area of private cabanas, we did not try but they were popular on Saturday and Sunday.
Our room was beautiful, modern decor in light shades and very comfortable with a loveseat/chaise longe combo and a dining height table perfect for enjoying room service or a cocktail. The room has a wall of floor to ceiling windows, we overlooked the pool/ocean so it was nice. The middle window pane slides open offering a beautiful breeze and an opportunity to enjoy the sights and sounds of the ocean. There is a protective panel to prevent anyone from falling, although not a balcony, we really enjoyed this feature as it brought the outside in. Every room seemed to have it, only a few rooms had actual balconies (but they were large). Those Rooms on the first floor, ground level had walk out patios with chairs and easy pool or beach access. The bathroom is actually divided into two areas, one with double sinks and a soaking bathtub, the other section had the toilet and an oversized shower with a rain fall shower head and a handheld European type as well. Lots of white marble, minimalist modern styling, really nice. We also had a long desk with flat screen tv and a separate bar style cabinet which held a minibar and a pull out coffee prep area complete with Kuerig, k cups for coffee and tea along with selection of creamers (real not powder). Two side by side closets had room to hang and shelves and drawers for storage. Nice size safe to hold full size laptop, robes and socks and iron all in there.
Restaurants and bars at the Beach Club were all good, there is a casual outdoor restaurant with plenty of tables that serves lunch and closes by 6. Breakfast and dinner are served at The Seagrill off the lobby, has indoor and outdoor seating. The breakfast buffet was very nice, with a table full of cold items, all types of fruit, cheeses, pastries, cereals etc. A hot buffet area was serving eggs Benedict, scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, potatoes etc. They also had a made to order omelet station. There is also a lobby bar, again indoor and outdoor seating and it was very popular on Friday night as they served free appetizers - something they should think about doing every night like they do at Hilton Los Cabos. There is a snack shop on the ground level along with the well equipped and large healthclub. One additional lunch dining option is outside by the pools right outside the healthclub - an outdoor salad bar with grilled burgers, dogs etc..
Be aware there is a $22 daily resort charge, and a $27 daily parking charge. The resort charge supposedly includes tips for bellhops and valet. Bellhops didn't seem to look for a tip but the valets stood by seemingly waiting. We were also surprised they did not give chilled bottles of water when they bring the car as they do in similar types of resorts, especially given the charge.
Golf, spa, jetski and boat rental and lots of additional restaurants are avail a shuttle ride away at the main resort. It is worth the short trip to see the resort and have the additional services. There are also a number of shops.
Nearby are some nice restaurants, try Oceans 234 or JBs on the beach in Deerfield. A nice drive north past the amazing beachside mansions in Palm Beach is a must do. Thee is also very upscale shopping in the downtown area in PalmBeach. Overall the resort met our expectations and we will return.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

We booked a ocean front room and ended up looking into the building next door. There was no balcony even though the pictures of the hotel show them. There are only 22 balconies out of over 200 rooms. Complained to the manger who was nice and said that he would get up moved for part of the trip but did NOTHING for us. We thought that we could hear the waves from our 6th floor room but all we could hear was the air conditioner next door. The first night got back to the room and we did not have a do not disturb sign so we called down and they said they would place one on our door, but guess what? At 8:30 the next morning housekeeping wakes us up! I would not go back, and their service fee and parking is very expensive......

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
bbcmgmt, General Manager at Boca Beach Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
I appreciate your candid review of your recent stay. Comfort and safety is my highest priority for our guests. While room type preferences cannot be met every time, I have reviewed your comments with our front desk team to ensure we're do a better job of following up with our guests regarding room change requests. I've also shared your comments with our maintenance team so we can make the necessary repairs to the AC unit and quickly minimize any further discomfort to our guests. I hope you will consider giving us another opportunity to demonstrate the our commitment to luxury accommodations and unparalleled service.

Peter J. Serena
Los Angeles, CA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013 via mobile

I just checked in tonight and have been given the worse hotel room on the whole property! My room is right off the lobby, meaning when I open my door, I'm looking at the bellhop stand and lobby restaurant. The room also shares a wall with the elevator and has a view of a concrete roof and wall. To make it worse, I have a handicapped room which as no bathtub but an open shower, which floods whole bathroom since there is no barrier between the shower and the rest of the bathroom. I wasn't in a wheelchair when I checked in but with the wet bathroom floors I might be when I check out!

Upon check in I asked for a different room and the guy checking me in acted (stupid) as if he didn't have another room available. Yet, others I know who checked in right after me, were given better rooms with nice views and not next to noise of the lobby. As a Hilton Honorers member (and SPG Gold, etc.), I've been to thousands of hotels and never have felt so slighted as I have at this property. I'm very unhappy about being here and feel stuck! The staff makes assumptions based upon how you look when you check in and do provide equal service to all guest. They patronized me and lied as every person I know who checked in after me has a decent room in a quiet, comfortable section of the hotel.

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
We regret that we were not able to provide you with the quality of service you deserve during your recent stay. We strive for flawless service delivery at our hotel, and we are always looking for ways to ensure that each guest experiences the very best we have to offer. It is never our intention to make guests feel unwelcome or undervalued and we hold ourselves to high standards of integrity and hospitality. Your feedback will help us to continue to improve our services and ensure guest satisfaction. I invite you to contact us directly and hope we'll have a chance to welcome you back.

Peter J. Serena
Jacksonville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

Please don't confuse the Beach Club with the Hotel and Club - two very different hotels and experiences. Go BEACH CLUB!

For those that plan on spending the whole day by the pool or beach with kids in tow - Poolside Lanai Room is the ticket. Sliding glass door right out to the pool deck. Step out around 7:30 or 8:00am and give the pool/towel attendant $10 and get your primo seats reserved and an umbrella before the club members arrive. Never had to wait more than 5 minutes for a server the entire weekend and the food at the pool and on the beach is above average.

Our son enjoyed the kids club both days in the afternoon so we could partake in the spa. The fitness center has everything you could want. Buffet breakfast was great but book the room with the breakfast to save big $. Mandatory valet and resort fee but again the offer packages that include so look around for the deal that fits your needs.

Don't know if we would book for longer than 3 or 4 days but the perfect place for the long weekend. Enjoy!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Dubuque, IA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

I stayed at the Boca Beach Club President's Day week 2013. This is obviously one of BBC's biggest weeks as the place was jam packed and the room rates were sky-high. The Concours d' Elegance was being hosted over at the main resort, which added even more people into the mix. Some people complain about the busyness of the Beach Club, but gosh you are visiting the 'it' place in the height of tourist season. The environment is going to be pretty electric no matter where you stay. To expect a gold/diamond upgrade during this time of year is pretty far-fetched. If the room upgrade is that important, I suggest paying for it...

The Beach Club is really a special place (to me anyway). I had an ocean view room, had the chance to attend a members-only wine dinner (members were incredibly friendly and FUN), ate at a few of the other restaurants, went to the car show, and hit up the spa. All of the events were a blast (though obviously on the high-end). Food was all great, but the mac and cheese at 501 East is consistently lukewarm. All but one member of the staff (seemed to be in charge of the pool area) was friendly and accommodating. Fairly minor nitpicks. After visiting this place year after year, I do notice a lot of the same faces still working here. I think that says a lot about the type of guest experience BBC wants to provide.

So yes, the place was extremely busy but they handled it very well. It was never a problem getting waited on at the pool or up at the Ocean Bar. I do hope to keep the BBC tradition going next year.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Been to Boca Beach Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort? Share your experiences!