“Excellent Cabana Service” 5 of 5 stars

Rates from $249
Ranked #1 of 26 Hotels in Boca Raton
“Excellent Cabana Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

We just got back this Monday.The resort overall was beautiful. The room was very clean and our ocean view was stunning. From the valet, front desk, bartenders and servers, everyone was extemely polite and helpful. There is one person that stands out. Carmen was our server at the cabana. We originally planned on renting a cabana only one day. Carmen was so friendly and efficient that we decided to book a second day. She was so pleasant, helpful and efficient. The resort is lucky to have such a wonderful employee. We were told that she won employee of the year. She certainly deserves the title and deserves to win this year as well!
Would definitely return :)

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (235)
Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

Last evening my child went to bed only to find her bed infested by ants. Upon further looking, they were on the light table and baseboards as well. My biggest disappointment was the response from the front desk. They sent down an engineer who sprayed the entire room with roach and ant spray from Raid. The fumes were horrible. Waiting for management to call me, was a waste of time. I had to call back to the front desk to inquire if they had 2 adjoining rooms to replace my existing reservation. 10 minutes after contacting Erin at the front desk, we just went ourselves. The hotel found 2 rooms for us on a higher floor. They would get a bellman to help move the baggage. It was 10:30 by this time and we were tired from our day of travel, also my child is 9 and it was extremely tired. After another 5 minutes of waiting we went up to our new room on our own, pulling the cart behind us past the front desk. No one offered assistance. Please recognize that being asked to remain in a room that is crawling with ants is disturbing and uncomfortable. During the room changeover, I contacted the duty manager. He offered to reduce the 1st night for one room at half price. After pushing, he provided both nights at one-half rack rate. I have been coming to this property for 10 years. I am disappointed with Amex Fine Hotels and Resorts for having this hotel on their roster. I am disappointed that I had to call the duty manager for some remediation to the problem. The food and restaurant staff are still outstanding; but, room management has taken a sharp decline. Accordingly, I suggest you steer clear of making room reservations. ( the worst part was walking past the front desk quite obviously not knowing how to properly guide the baggage cart, and no one offering to help, and the aspect that management was in no way putting themselves in our shoes to understand our fears and concerns)

Room Tip: I understand from management that there is a lessor chance of bugs on the higher floors.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
bbcmgmt, Guest Relations Manager at Boca Beach Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
I appreciate you taking the time to detail your visit. Clearly we were not performing to our usual standards, and for that I apologize. The health and comfort of our guests is of the utmost importance, and we always strive to deliver the singular luxury experiences our guests expect from us. I have since followed up with Steritech, our pest control company, ensuring that you and future guests are taken care of. I apologize for the inconvenience regarding the room transfer and can assure you that all of our staff is compassionate about your circumstances. Please contact me at anewman@luxuryresorts.com or (561) 447-3967 so I can speak directly with you about your experience and work to ensure that the matter is handled with the utmost care and attention.

Alexis Newman
Maitland, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

My wife and I needed a well deserved vacation after a difficult and stressful summer. We didn't want to fly anywhere, and since we live in Orlando, thought we would splurge and stay at an upscale resort within about 3 hrs driving distance. Well, look no further than this hotel. It was like a cruise ship on land! We took advantage of their summer specials and got a 4th night free. This is the best time to go (Sept 10-14), they had only 17% occupancy off season and we were treated like royalty! Now, don't get me wrong, this place usually is booming, but off season in this economy, well, was a plus for us. This is only about a 200 room hotel as the main hotel if much older and faces the inter coastal not the ocean. So it gives a more intimate feel.

Our first experience was with Jose, who took our reservation over the phone. He understood that we really wanted a gr8 oceanfront room and bumped us to the 5th floor where there was only one terrace room, most are on 2nd floor. Huge balcony (i want give you the room number cause we don't want competition next time lol) thx jose

Check in was a breeze and you can only valet park but quick to serve and no pressure for tipping. they helped with anything we needed. Bell service also friendly and tip included on special, but we gave extra of course. They offer a bus service to get anywhere in the resort and there is plenty to do, including water gymnastics for no extra charge.

I'd like to give special kudos to the concierge during the day, catherine, she was so patient with us and gave gr8 advise on restaurants and places to go.

The beach was wonderful, and the service was bar non, brought beach chairs to you and set up with towels on them, no charge, bar service that came to your chairs, everyone friendly and inviting. Most all others, the ritz, marriot, etc. will charge 20$ or more for use of their chairs on top of the resort fee you already pay, not here!

Even our house keeping ladies were so friendly and thanks for the extra chocolates at night!!!
All in all a wonderful experience and we will definitely return again. Remember after labor day weekend is the best time to go when all the schools are back in session, if you like peace and quiet.

Room Tip: ask for 5th floor balconies, the terrace on 2nd floor are further back and cant view the beach as we...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

Thas is a great hotel, wonderful location and fantastic service. The rooms are modern, spacious and have wonderful views of the ocean.
The hotel has its own private beach, but you do pay $20 a day for the addittional services to use it. Valet parking is expensive at $45 a day, but if you want you spoil yourself, this hotel is a must

Room Tip: Choose a room with a beach view
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Marion, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

Stayed at the reort for one night in September. We'll be back the next time we are in the area.

As a person who travels a month a year for vacation and 60-80 nights a year for business, this resort provides everything one would expect from a high end 5 star resort. Great location overlooking the water, golf course a few minutes walk, pool on on the grouns, tennis, top rate gym and a short shuttle to beach property. The rooms, food and service were all top notch. Could go on and on, but bottom line is, stay here if within your price range.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

I have been to Miami and Boca many times in 30 years and mostly stay in Miami, I stayed in the hotel because I have friends who live close by. All I can say is it's a Rip Off!! I had two rooms, I had to pay resort fee's along with parking which amounted to about $1000.00 for 14 days.
The service is not commensurate with the rates of the hotel. Concierge does a vanishing act most of the evening and don't know much about local amenities anyway. Breakfast was a joke, you don't expect to wait half an hour like a lemon to be seated in the morning. Limited buffet.Nice surroundings but I would rather spend the same money and stay at the Breakers or the Ritz Carlton in Palm Beach and be looked after.
Nights out in Boca is like the land of the living dead!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
bbcmgmt, Guest Relations Manager at Boca Beach Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
Thank you for your candid review of your recent stay at the Boca Beach Club. We strive to provide guest experiences that are anticipatory to the highest degree and personalized to the occasion, and we are always looking for ways to balance fair pricing with the luxury accommodations and service we offer. I appreciate your review as it provides feedback that I need to re-evaluate guest needs and make the necessary adjustments to our offerings. As for the resort fee, it is a mandatory and non-negotiable fee, that regretfully we cannot waive. The resort fee is disclosed at the top of the resort reservation page so the guest is made aware prior to booking their reservation the daily resort charge of $24.42 (inclusive of tax) will be added to the room reservation. The fee includes local calls, resort transportation, weekday newspaper, fitness center, fitness classes, lobby refreshment, in-room coffee, golf bag storage, shoe shine, notary, and Bellman gratuities. The resort fee is also listed on the email confirmation and communicated when booking by phone. However, I would like to apologize for the level of service that you received during breakfast. This isn’t typical of our staff members and we will address the situation. I hope you will consider giving us another chance in the future to demonstrate our commitment to satisfaction in all areas of the guest experience.

Warm Regards,
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012 via mobile

Love this hotel! We reserved an Ocean Terrace room and was well worth it. The views were beautiful and the terrace is large enough to host four people. There are key people to ask for upon arrival, Brian (valet) who took great care of car and always greeted us with a warm hello. He made us feel welcome as if we we're regulars. Check in you must ask for Russell. We had a few small snags at check in (I failed to request a king room) and Russell worked his magic along with a special $20 gift card to Serendipity for my troubles. Russell went the extra mile to be sure my bags were delivered promptly to our room along with my requested refrigerator. He also booked dinner reservestions and gave us other fabulous recommendation for local eateries. Be sure to introduce yourself to Dennis (manages Valet). Dennis is a great guy to know and has some wonderful remedies for the morning after one of those long nights. Dennis is your go to guy for just about anything you need and knows everyone on the property as well as locals. Thank you Dennis for the VIP treatment at Ocean 234, the food was amazing! Great hotel but the people made it even better. Kuddo's to you for great customer service!

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Boca Beach Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort? Share your experiences!