“Really not bad at all...” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Guest Suites of Boca Raton

Save Saved
You added Guest Suites of Boca Raton to your Saves list
Guest Suites of Boca Raton
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   701 NW 53rd Street, Boca Raton, FL 33457 (Formerly Doubletree Guest Suites Boca Raton)   |
Ranked #23 of 26 hotels in Boca Raton
Port Saint Lucie, Florida, United States
“Really not bad at all...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

I stayed here for 2 nights. For the price the hotel was fine. Building is a little run down but rooms were clean. Theres a very nice pool and hottub. Very quite area and the service is great...Nice breakfast in the morning..would stay again very relaxing!!

Room Tip: Stayed in room 312 had no issues
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

103 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Mulberry, Florida, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

This hotel should be shut down until they can provide proper hospitality for guests. The room(s) we stayed in were ridden with mold (you can see it on the ceiling and walls) and the beds were damp - from the apparent water leak in the room. We arrived at 1:30AM from Central Florida and checked in with ease. Upon entering our room, we immediately knew something was wrong. The air had a strong smell of mold and wet furniture. The toilet paper holder fell off the wall while someone was using the restroom. Our beds (pillows, blankets, sheets) were damp and we coughed all night long. The ceiling and walls had marks of mold and water leaks. We asked to stay in another room the following night, although I wish we would have just left and got our money back. The next room was not as bad, but still had water damage and the beds were less damp. The carpet had huge water spots. The breakfast was disgusting. Their waffle batter was so runny that the waffle maker could not function properly and there was a tray of disgusting water sitting under the waffle maker, because of the mess it made from the runny batter. I don't really have anything nice to say about his hotel because I have paid way less for MOTEL stays and they were not this bad. I will certainly stay somewhere else next time I am in Boca. I have photos to backup my story if anyone is interested.

Room Tip: I don't believe there are any good rooms. We had to move to another room and it was "better...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

I was in town for business and it happened to be spring break, so many hotels were booked or had higher than average rates. The company I was working for booked me at this place. My initial impression was "shabby" and outdated - mismatched furniture, 15+ year old tvs, no plugs in the bedroom, no hair conditioner. The AC was so loud it woke me up through the night. The knob fell off the sink when I turned it on. Each day, I had fewer and fewer towels - it was like the cleaning person took my used towels, but didn't replace them. By the last morning of my stay, I was left with one bath towel, one hand towel and a bathmat. When I opened up the bath towel after a shower, it was FILTHY - women's makeup all over it - covered in orange and black spots. Gross. I had to dry myself with the hand towel. Don't stay here unless you're desperate and REALLY on a budget. I needed to return the following week and insisted my company book me somewhere - anywhere else.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

I found the staff Kyle to be obnoxious and unaccomodating. When presented with a minor request, he states proudly that it is the hotels policy to do nothing. When asked to speak to a manager, Kyle once again states proudly that he will not connect me to Mr. Rio Chaudhury the manager as it is their policy not to allow communications with the manager after business hours.

I see others have reviewed that, "The staff is rude and mean. God forbid you ask for something like extra towels or toilet paper..." I should have and you should read these negative reviews before you book your stay.

Terrible hotel. Rude staff. Old and dirty facility. Staying here is a mistake that I shall never repeat.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013 via mobile

The staff is rude and mean. God forbid you ask for something like extra towels or toilet paper you get a whole bunch of attitude. The pool gets cleaned weekly so if its not right after they have it cleaned its dirty. Lots of beer cans and bottles around. Maids don't really do a good job. Building and rooms are old. Apparently they have 120 rooms there and they started construction to renovate 80 of them but one of the owners stole the money and took off so they have 80 rooms that are under construction just empty nothing being done. Tv didn't work so well. The reception was fuzzy. The price was good for a suite but its older and the carpet and couch was stained. The bed was comfortable and the blankets and pillows were clean. Breakfast was horrible. They leave the food sitting out all night because they set up the night before. Hot water for coffee was cold. Standard breakfast cereal, hard boiled eggs, bagels and doughnuts. Nothing special. Definitely needs to be updated and staff needs a course on customer service. You are better off contacting some of the other suite hotels in boca to see if they will match the price. Embassy Suites, Springhill and Marriott suites are across the street and if they aren't booked they will match the price. They are much nicer hotels. Maids just walk in even if you put the sign on your door. Elevators move slow and I stopped twice in between floors for about two minutes. Stairs have chunks out of the concrete missing so make sure you don't trip. No ice cream machine, soda machines were broken, dryer didn't dry the laundry after paying to run it three times. There is nothing you can walk to from this hotel and they don't have a little store so you will probably need to rent a car. Fridge and microwave in the room were ok. Brought the crib right up for my son and it was clean and looked new.

• Stayed February 2013
Baltimore, Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

I recently traveled to Boca Raton for work and booked several nights in this hotel for its central Boca location. Unfortunately, after one night I had to move out! To begin, there are no elevators to the top two floors, so you're stuck hauling luggage up four flights of stairs. Second the rooms have an exterior door, so just like in a small motel your window looks out to the parking lot. VERY old furnishings, torn carpet and horrible lighting. So so service as well. Look elsewhere and spend a few dollars more for something else!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

My recent stay was very disappointing.The hotel was very seedy,dirty & in need of repair.The carpets were old & dirty.2.Plaster was peeling from most walls.Tile in the shower was filthy & cracked.Air-condition ducks loaded with mold.Old TV's that needed replacement.Breakfast was less than appetizing(bagles frozen.Hard boiled eggs that were out of their shell and floating in warm water.Did not see any cockroaches. Pictures upon request.
E.G.

Room Tip: Stay away Not worth any price
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Been to Guest Suites of Boca Raton? Share your experiences!