“Nice but expensive stay at the Boca Resort” 4 of 5 stars

Rates from $199/nt
Ranked #5 of 26 Hotels in Boca Raton
Certificate of Excellence 2014
midwest
“Nice but expensive stay at the Boca Resort”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2005

My husband and I just returned from a wonderful stay at the Boca Raton Resort & Club. We checked in and were given an upgrade from the Cloister building to the Tower. We had a lovely view overlooking the intercoastal waterway, ocean and the Tower pool. The room was large and comfortable with the exception of occasional tiny ants in the bathroom area. The boatride to the ocean club was enjoyable and short. However I must admit I prefer not to have to be shuttled over to the beach. The tower pool was large with a lot of lounge chairs. We enjoyed lunch at the pool which was good food but not cheap plus they automatically add 18% gratuity on everything. The poolside service was very good. Drinks at the resort were unbelievably expensive. We've been to a lot of very nice resorts and NEVER have we paid so much for cocktails!!! Any drink you got ran you at least $9.00. There is also a $19.17 fee/day to vallet park as well as a $9/day service charge which means you don't have to tip people, but we usually feel guilty and tip a little anyway. My husband played golf one day and the green fees were $163.00, plus cart rental at $29.00. (These may have been discounted rates due to the conference he was attending.) All that being said, the resort is elegant and enchanting, and a place we are very happy to have been able to experience. If you go, just be prepared for the fact that you may see a very large bill at checkout!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (505)
philadelphia, pa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2005

way too expensive for the lack of attention. much attitude, employees do not go out of there way to guide you in the resort. it is a big place with shuttles to get around. really set up like a maze. make sure you have everyhting with you, shops are very expensive.

• Stayed February 2005, traveled on business
A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2005

We just returned from the Boca Raton Resort and Club - first week in February. The resort is breath taking. The grounds are well kept the public areas are spotless and beautiful. That being said, you would expect more of the same in your room! I can only speak of the Cloisters... The room was tiny and in need of a makeover. The doors didn't close properly and the toilet ran forever when you flushed it! Maid service was prompt and professional. The beach area was littered with seaweed the entire week and it seemed that little or no effort was made to clean it up. In a nutshell, this resort is a magnificent architectural sight to see but the rooms need to be updated - BIG TIME! If I had paid the 'moderate' hotel rate I would have been satisfied. I paid for upscale and it fell short of meeting my expectations.

• Stayed January 2005
New York, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2005

My husband and I just returned from a delightful weekend at the Boca Resort. We stayed in the Tower, and the room was lovely; it was updated, tastefully decorated, roomy, but not large, had awesome views of the ocean and intracoastal and was very comfortable. The only minor disappointment was the standard size bath tub. In my experience in visiting hotels and resorts of this caliber either a jacuzzi or soaking tub are offered. The fruit basket was also a very nice touch.

The property is beautiful, like being transported to medieval Spain. It is wonderfully landscaped and manicured. The staff was friendly and accomodating (as you should expect).

We had an awesome (but pricey-- and we're from NYC) dinner at Luka--- a splurge but worth it. We also visited 27 Ocean, great food and views. Although the maitre'd was somewhat unpolished and gruff (he acted more like a Denny's manager than a host at fine dining establishment). As for the Cathedral room breakfast-- the buffet is one of the most lush and abundant we have ever had. We got a deal with AAA which included the buffet (otherwise 30 bucks a person-)-- but WOW!

The Spa Palazzo is a must. It rivals, if not surpases some of the finest spas I have been to ( which includes Las Ventanas and The Ocean Club--its even better than Las Vegas's Bellagio-- my former fave).

The pool is fine, no great shakes but it is heated. It is worth noting that there is no direct beach access but the hotel offers a shuttle boat to their beach club (similar to La Conquistador in Puerto Rico)

One last note-- "jackets are suggested" at most of the restaurants... so pack accordingly.

Expensive-- you bet! Worth it? I look forward to going back

PS- The toiletries are delicious! I can still smell the honey cocoamango...mmm!

Melville, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2005

Although the rooms at the towers are wonderful and the tennis is awesome, we had a big problem with the valet service who parked our car in a spot where it got hit as well as leaving the window open on a rainy night. The management of the hotel refused to take responsibility for the damage to the car (it was a rental car!!) and for the valet attendants claiming they are independent contractors!! Needless to say we spent the entire 5 days trying to even get someone in management to respond to us. They never did and we had to work it out with Hertz at our expense!! I would never stay here again because of the horrible disrespect towards their patrons. Also, it's terribly crowded with business people attending conferences.

Stamford CT
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2005

I spent two days at the hotel at an industry conference. The hotel hosts alot of conferences. The hotel grounds, location, and public spaces are beautiful and well kept. I had a room in the Cloister, which is the original, older building above and around the main lobby. The room was in desparate need of renovation. With the exception of the linens and the decent furniture, there was no attention to detail or comfort. The room was tiny, had a tiny window and overlooked an alley. The bathroom fixtures had mold around them, the countertops looked like formica, the tiles were cracked, and the drain in the shower did not work well. Just because you throw in some decent soaps and shampoos does not make it nice. The bedroom closet door fell off the track and the paint job all over the room was bad news. I also checked out the beach club and while I heard the guest rooms are renovated, the public spaces look like they have not had any work in 25 years. The beach is beautiful and the outdoor restaurant and ice cream shop are nice, but the pool and cabana areas are embarassing. This place was fine for a couple of days of business, but I would think long and hard about vacationing here given what other opportunities exist in South Florida for the same rate. If you must stay at the hotel, request a room in the Tower.

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2005

My wife and I went to Boca Raton this past summer. We were actually catching a concert in West Palm and decided to stay in Boca. The hotel is very nice. The people for the most part are extremely nice. We had a few troubles getting drinks at the beach, but for $9 a pop, I guess it was ok we did not drink too much! The area is very glitzy, with great shopping. I would highly recommend this area for a short getaway.

Been to Boca Raton Resort, A Waldorf Astoria Resort? Share your experiences!