“Awesome place” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Ranked #5 of 26 Hotels in Boca Raton
“Awesome place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Stayed here for 5 days.The place is really good.The place has great ambiance.The beach is at walking distance from the hotel and priestine waters only added to its charm.The place has an old world charm while providing all the modern day facilities .The room was large and provided an awesome view of the coastline.The food was good although had limited vegetarian stuff.
The staff was affable and provided prompt service.
So if you are thinking of visiting boca raton the place is recommended.

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Boca Raton R, General Manager at Boca Raton Resort, A Waldorf Astoria Resort, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Good Afternoon,

Thank you for your comments. I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay at the Boca Raton Resort & Club. Thank you for making us aware that you had a difficult time finding vegetarian options. We certainly have options for all dietary limitations, but it seems we need to do a better job at making them available and communicating those options to our guests. I hope we will see you at the Boca Raton Resort & Club again soon!

Boca Raton Resort & Club

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (455)
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

We had to spend five days in a working vacation at the Boca Raton Resort and choose to stay at the Yacht Club. Our room was very spacious with a nice upgraded bathroom. We had a balcony with a view of the water. Our door had an issue but one phone call and the grounds management came quickly and did not leave until our door was secured. We used the concierge service to ask for information regarding activities prior to our arrival. Very pleased with the level of engagement. We had booked queen size beds but received doubles; my concierge was very kind and gave us a free cabana day at the beach club as to compensate for the mistake. We love the grounds, excellent gym facilities, beautiful spa, and great breakfast buffet. My kids enjoyed the surfing lessons and had a great time at the pool. The experience was relaxing as always. We had great service at the Luna Bar; great place to lounge and relax with a drink.

Good Afternoon,

Thank you for your positive feedback! I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay with us! I'm sorry about the room type mix-up, but I'm happy you enjoyed the cabana! I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon.

Detroit, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014 via mobile

In town for tennis tournament. Spent over a week at the hotel. The rooms are beautiful. The lobby and common spaces are a amazing. The grounds are terrific. I didn't make it down it the beach club. Hit the restaurants at the hotel. The guacamole was yummy. Of course the food on site is pricey but that's what happens in resorts.

Bernie, in customer service, was always helpful. And we had a good waitress at the restaurant near the golf shop, however, I will say there was something missing with the other staff members. I would expect a more professional staff...from top to bottom. It wasn't there. There was an edge.

I would return. Overall I really enjoyed it.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Good Afternoon,

Thank you for your feedback. I'm glad you enjoyed your tennis tournament at the Resort! Thank you for remembering Bernie for your review. I love hearing when our team members are going above and beyond. I appreciate you letting us know about your experience with the rest of our staff. This is certainly a training opportunity for us. Quality customer service is crucial in a 5 star luxury resort. I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back again in the future to show you the hospitality you deserve.

Fairfax Station, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

We recently spent a week at the Boca Raton Resort and also at the Beach Club. The service was amazing and the staff went out of their way to provide outstanding service. Ruker at the Seagrille was wonderful and went above and beyond, and Stephanie Rothman at the Luna Bar was also wonderful, so cheerful and polite and remembered us during each visit. We enjoyed Joseph from NY at Lucca's restaurant. The entire staff provided great service and the rooms were wonderful and the grounds are amazing and beautiful.
The only downside is that our Hilton Honors Gold status didnt really buy us anything, so there was little advantage to choosing the Hilton/Waldorf hotel for any preferred status. Bottled water was set out in the lobby for everyone each day, we were paying for our daily internet (normally free) through the $27 resort fee we paid like every other guest, and the continental breakfast for 2 we always get (and got there 3 years ago) was not granted to us as Hilton Gold Members ("we don't do that here"). We moved from a suite in the Tower to a similar suite at the Beach Club for the last two nights, which was nice for us, but we paid $100 per night, so it wasn't really an upgrade as a Hilton Honors entitlement. So we felt a bit cheated and that none of the standard Hilton Honors benefits were really benefits on this particular vacation. They did grant us late check out, so that was helpful. Besides that, a wonderful vacation and a beautiful resort that I highy recommend for a family vacation.

Room Tip: Suites are large and nice. Beach club is modern and the Tower is nice, but not walking distance to t...
Dear Betsy,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay with us. While I'm happy you enjoyed your stay, I'm very sorry you were disappointed with your HHonors perks. We are so grateful for your loyalty to the Hilton brand, and it is so important to us that you feel appreciated. I know you mentioned that you received complimentary breakfast when you stayed with us three years ago, however I just wanted to clarify for anyone reading this review that we were not a Hilton hotel until September 2013. I hope you understand that we are ecstatic to have you in our Hilton Family. I hope we will see you again at the Boca Raton Resort & Club in the future!

Saint Clairsville, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

My family which consisted of 2 teenagers and my mother just spent an amazing week at the Boca Raton Resort and Spa. The whole entire resort is absolutely gorgeous! From the grounds, to the many pools, our room and all the restaurants...I can not say enough. We stayed in the Towers room 1964 which had an amazing view of both the ocean and the waterway where we watched gorgeous yachts go up and down during the evening hours. The staff were all complete professionals....I would like to say a special thank you to Dana at the Beach Club Bar and Grille.
You can tell she loves her job and she was always so happy and friendly each day. She also helped us find some awesome restaurants in both the resort and the city of Boca Raton.

Room Tip: The towers room 1964...amazing view, oversized room, slept 4 very comfortably.
Callie,

Thank you for your positive remarks. I'm so happy you and your family enjoyed your stay with us! I love the view from the rooms in the Tower. It sounds like you all had a very relaxing vacation. We hope to see you again soon!

Charlotte, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

It is a shame to spend time at such a spectacular property and encounter such awful service. We went for the weekend and loved the setting. The beach is beautiful, the architecture and landscape are truly amazing. The views are breathtaking. However, the operations, the management, the staff ... are generally TERRIBLE! We had to remind our server at dinner that we were at a 5 star hotel, as he muttered under his breath and seemed to dread having to serve. While the food that we ate was delicious, the manner in which it was presented, the attitude of the staff ... was disastrous. It was as if no one cared, as if no one on staff had any experience working at a luxury hotel ... it was all quite strange -- especially since this is part of the Waldorf Astoria brand. We expected so much more but were sadly disappointed and will not return. There are just too many other superb properties in South Florida that we cannot imagine giving business to this hotel. Wish it was not the case but ... overall a bad experience.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Good Afternoon,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience. I am devastated to learn that you received poor customer service during your stay with us. As a traveler myself, I understand how quality service can really go a long way in a business. We are looking into the specific examples you gave and will be conducting a training refresher on luxury service. I am going to follow up with you in a private message to discuss further and make things right.

McKinney, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

Diamond member with Hilton. It was our 30 year anniversary and we decided to stop over in Boca from our Belize visit. We visited this hotel on 2 previous occasions over the past 5 years, and had a good experience. This visit was a disaster. We used over 500,000 Hilton points for 3 nights. Booked a specific room in the renovated Tower 6 months in advance. Upon arrival at 8:00 p.m. our room wasn't ready. That was bad enough, but when they put us in a different area of the hotel, we immediately contacted the manager. Of course they did not have a room available in the Tower. They did attempt to accommodate us by providing access to the Executive Lounge. The bar staff was rude including arguing about our Diamond privileges. We just felt like 2nd class citizens during the entire stay. After sending a complaint to the hotel after our visit, they offered us 2 free nights. Why would we want 2 free nights of poor service?

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Keith,

Thank you very much for taking the time to tell us about your stay, and thank you for your loyalty to the Hilton brand. I sincerely apologize for the service you received at the Boca Raton Resort & Club. All guests at this resort deserve 5 star service. I do hope you will give the resort another chance. Despite the issues discussed in your review, I hope you had a wonderful 30th anniversary.

Boca Raton Resort & Club

Been to Boca Raton Resort, A Waldorf Astoria Resort? Share your experiences!