“Great place, great time.” 4 of 5 stars

Boca Raton Resort, A Waldorf Astoria Resort
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   501 E Camino Real, Boca Raton, FL 33431-0825   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #5 of 26 Hotels in Boca Raton
“Great place, great time.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

Went for a girls weekend. Room was in the yacht club section and it was beautiful, spacious and comfortable. Food choices on the resort side are plentiful and the surroundings are lovely. Our bellman, Trevor, was a nice as could be and a wealth of information upon our arrival. Saturday we went over to the beach club to our rented cabana which was nice. Cool and clean with its own bathroom it was a great place for us to laze away our day - with only a short walk to the pools and the beach. Maurice, the cabana manager, was helpful and also very, very nice and good humored. Our attendant, Jeff, was also great. The only complaint I have about the cabana service is the afternoon 'snack' that is included in the price which was so pitiful I took a picture of it. It consisted of a few apple slices, five grapes, two cut up Strawberries, four very sour blackberries and a small cup of yogurt dusted with cinnamon. The cabana was $250 for the day, plus tax and it included three small bottles of water and this snack. I have rented cabanas many places and this was, by far, the least impressive in what it included considering the price. Even with that I cant complain much. Restaurant 501 is great with excellent service and a super happy hour. Serendipity has food coffees and snacks and the brunch in the atrium lounge was tasty as well. The prices for food, while not cheap, were not outrageous - especially for a resort The food was very tasty everywhere we ate and the service was always, at the very least,good. Some was excellent. We had a great time and will be returning for my birthday in a little over a month with more friends and family in tow and are looking forward to another great time.

• Stayed June 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (455)
Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

Recently stayed at this hotel for a conference. The rooms were very outdated. Our room had ants so we were put in another, what they called "better" room, (which was just a tad bit bigger but with a downgraded bathroom) which didn't have a sufficiently working AC. The valet staff loaded a suitcase into my car that belonged to someone else and I didn't realize until I got home. Only good thing was that the staff were mostly pleasant. Unfortunately, I did bring my family with me on vacation which consists of two small children. This is definitely not a hotel for kids. My kids couldn't even swim in the pool because it was too deep. There was another pool but we would of had to take the shuttle to access which was inconvenient. My family didn't even get breakfast because they said the prices started at $21 and up or $29 and up. Also, I was told the gyms closed at 7pm and so I never got to use them either.

Room Tip: Cloister area of hotel is outdated.
Miami
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

Very well kept property with great service. We stayed at the bungalows, which are a little far away from the main building, but there is a shuttle that can take you there and also to the beach building every 15 minutes. I was a little scared when I saw the elevator's condition because it was kind of rusty and old, but the rooms were pleasantly updated. Only concern for couples: there are no king beds in the bungalows, since they are more for families. The closet was unusually big.
The main building is more classic and has most of the restaurants. It also has several pools. The beach property is more modern, has several pools, but not as many restaurants.
What I really did not understand is why they don't pick used towels until the day is over. It looks awful to see all those piles of towels sitting around the beach. That is why I really cannot give this place 5 stars.
Food prices were high, but that is normal in any hotel and I don't get when people complain about this since that is the standard almost everywhere.
The restaurant options are impressive. The Japanese restaurant is AMAZING! One of the best I've ever had. A must if you like sushi.
Serendipity is a great place for deserts and if you have kids, that is also a must.
Even though I liked their breakfast, I did not like the venue. It is a conference room where they place all the tables. I was expecting a better ambiance to enjoy a pricey breakfast.
The spa is incredible. It even has a very nice pool with hot tubs and cascades. Everything was perfect. Just be aware that they charge a 20% service on top of the treatment, that is not for tip. They ask for tip on top of that. I think they should just include that 20% in the treatment cost so people don't get upset.
My husband played golf and he absolutely loved it. He said it is one of the best places where he has ever played and believe me, he plays a lot.
Overall, we had a great time, just pick the towels up are the beach during the day. Do not wait until everybody is gone.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

Spectacular property. Great service, great food, great surroundings. Rooms are really comfortable. This is how a resort should be. Facilities are all tremendous. Plenty of great food choices, including one by an iron chef. If you can't get comfortable here, not sure where you will be.

Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

I stayed at the Boca Resort and Spa for a large convention -- one of many at the location. While there were certainly some lines, service was very good -- Waldorf Astoria quality. My room -- 18th floor in the tower -- had a lovely intercoastal and Atlantic view (not waterfront). Oddly, instead of facing the bed on the wall that would have allowed a better view of the water (and the TV), the bed faced the overlook of the rooftops near by. Resort charge that does not include parking or internet access was annoying but bellperson told me about it before he would accept a gratuity (nice!).

Room Tip: My tower room on a high floor was nice.
Titusville, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

I was here with my family for a work conference. Our organization got a discount on our rooms. The hotel upgraded me to a junior suite (normally runs around $340 per night) when we tried to check in at 11:15 am but our room wasn't available until 4:50pm. I had to change in the bathroom as well as my family. The jr. suite was nice but I had to call room service to get them to replace the shower curtain that had mold all over the bottom of it. It took them an hour to an hour and a half to get this done. The view was very nice overlooking the Tower pool and waterway but you could see large water damage spots on the walls in a couple of spots that they had not repaired very well, if at all. The beds were VERY comfortable. The bathroom was very nice also. The grounds are well maintained and they have 4 pools between the various parts of the resort. The pools were nice but the beach was not that great according to my wife. (the sand is coarse) The staff was very helpful and pleasant. They only have self parking (if you stay in the Bungalows), the other parts of the resort, Tower, and Cloisters, have mandatory valet parking. I am not sure about the Beach Club area. We never ate at the restaurants so I cannot comment on them. Overall it is a very nice place, beautiful grounds but to me not worth the price you would normally pay without a discount.

North Carolina, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

The grounds are beautiful but the rooms are outdated. It has over zealous security in which you have to call down to admit a guest. The "private club" thing is ridiculous with my guest not being able to order a drink without a room key while he booked and waited for 5 of us. Certain things are done impeccably but the aggravation over little things may not be worth it.

Review collected in partnership with Waldorf Astoria

Been to Boca Raton Resort, A Waldorf Astoria Resort? Share your experiences!