“Needs a refresh...beautiful grounds” 4 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Resort   |   501 E Camino Real, Boca Raton, FL 33431-0825   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #5 of 26 Hotels in Boca Raton
Tampa, Florida
“Needs a refresh...beautiful grounds”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

Stayed here for a business conference. Beautiful Mizner property built in the 20s with stunning grounds. The rooms are due for update, mid eighties ugly. The food was excellent but very pricey. If you are looking for a classy location with and old florida feel and don't mid the high resort pricing...this is a good choice.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (455)
Panama, Panama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

Great location and facilities, helpful staff, great food, noisy room (we could hear conversations in the next room), spotty wifi service. Overall, we were very happy with our stay, although the the experience was a bit overpriced -- even considering how good the hotel is.

Review collected in partnership with Waldorf Astoria

Chicago, IL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

Stay there 4 nights for a business convention. The place is OK, not great. The grounds are gorgeous and most of the public spaces are nice. The rooms, however, do need a refresher. The elevator has seen better days and the décor is pure 1986. I was put in a room with two twin beds (?) and the furniture had some stains that seem to be paint. The thermostat was very old and I couldn’t regulate the temperature inside the room. The staff is, in general, very helpful with the most notable exception being Jessica and Tiffany from the transportation desk. I stood for 10 minutes in front of them, while they were jumping from phone to cell phone without even acknowledging my presence. The food in the hotel is pricey and on top of all there is the resort fee, charged even though you are at work at barely got a glimpse of the ‘resort part’ of the hotel. Overall, good but if it were for private use I would choose another place to stay.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
BocaGuestRelations, General Manager at Boca Raton Resort, A Waldorf Astoria Resort, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to tell us about your stay. We are so sorry to hear that you were not quickly acknowledged by our front desk staff . This is not standard or excusable and will be addressed. We strive to provide every single guest with an unforgettable experience, and we are terribly sorry that we were unable to do this for you during your stay. We would love the opportunity to speak with you in greater detail about your experience. Please feel free to contact us at your earliest convenience.

Kelly Vohs
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

Two friends and I spent three nights at the beautiful Boca Raton Resort as part of a tennis weekend. We found literally everything we needed or wanted at the resort and literally didn't move our car until we were ready to leave. There are many restaurants and bars of every variety, a to die for spa (try the ritual bath before a massage!) and a new wonder around every corner. The extras are expensive but worth it. The tennis facility was awesome and we enjoyed our two-day clinic with Drew Evert of the Evert Tennis Academy. This time of year (May) the rates are good, though the weather is a little hotter. I highly recommend this resort!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Panama City, Panama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

A very Floridian ambiance with lots of personality welcomes guests to sun bathing by an attractive swimming pool overlooking a marina, a large sun room, a café, spa and several dining options in addition to a yacht club.
It seems a popular destination for weddings (5 of them the week-end we were there!) and that accounted for a well attended lobby where a couple of Botero´s gracious sculptures were exhibited.
Our standard room was very comfortable and offered the added convenience of a make-up area outside the bathroom. The staff was friendly and helpful in general. Their buffet breakfast offered nice options in a palace-size dining room.
A great choice for families.

Clermont, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

I stayed here for 3 nights for a medical conference. Within the first few minutes of check-in, I heard 3 separate guests complaining about various issues, 2 of them were back from earlier because it had yet to be resolved. Then it was my turn at check in...an issue!

They had no reservation for me or pre-paid reservation on file that my company had paid for in advance. Even though I had the print out, the receipt and when you call the 800 number it shows I had paid in full in advance.
The front desk girl was less than friendly and rudely doubted me.....they did let me check in, the next day I did go back to the front to resolve the issue which, I was in the right, apparently a system issue, but the same girl from the day before offered no apology for her rude doubting me and truly was very curt and unfriendly.

The cloister rooms in the main building need work. The rooms have been painted over several times and the fixtures are worn, old, dated and the rooms are very very boring and plain! No view.
This hotel is not on the beach, you have to go by boat or shuttle to the beach.

The grounds itself are beautiful and rich with history. The pool is very basic and boring.
I did go over to the beach club and spent a few hours on the VERY crowded private beach.
The pool at the beach club is very stuffy and crowded, over crowded.

I spent an afternoon in the spa which was actually the best part.

I tried several restaurants which were basic hotel food and very over priced.

We did enjoy a Frozen Hot Chocolate at Serendipity 3 but I did not find much else for kids to do, this was more of an adult oriented hotel. I saw the kids in the paid program and they looked bored. I brought my 10 year old son and he thought the grounds were pretty but there was not much activity that was for kids.

Overall, If you must be in the place to be seen in Boca, this is one of those places. Make sure you have PLENTY of cash in the bank or be prepared to pretend you do. Not a true beach resort. I think this hotel is lovely to look at from the outside but I felt this hotel is lacking for the price with customer service, amenities and room quality.

Room Tip: Money Talks at this hotel, you will be dollar'ed to death
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for sharing your feedback. We are terribly sorry to hear that your expectations were not met and regret your initial encounter with our staff at check-in. It also sounds like there were additional challenges you faced in other areas of our hotel. We would love the opportunity to look into your concerns to make sure you and future guests to do not face these same issues moving forward. Should you have a moment, please contact us so we may be of assistance.

Kelly Vohs
Long Beach, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

We spent four nights at the hotel last week and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. I agree with the prior reviews about being charged for everything - $27 for valet parking, $22 resort fee, and the restaurants. However, when I booked the hotel by telephone the representative suggested one of their packages which included the valet parking, resort fee, buffet breakfast and 18% gratuities for approximately $250 per night. That may still seem pricey but you get to stay in a magnificent setting - if you want a $150 room - well you get what you pay for. We were very pleased with the package and are looking forward to a return stay within the next few weeks. The staff is wonderful, the grounds are beautiful, the gym was very nice, the pool was lovely. Negatives - having to request the car each time you want to leave the resort (nothing is in walking distance); the view of the dirty roof below from our tower room; very overpriced spa treatments; Serendipity Cafe food was pretty bad - breakfast and East 101 Restaurant quite good; very crowded on the weekend with 5 weddings, 2 communions, conferences and other events. I don't think I would make a special trip to Florida to stay here absent a special event but if you have to stay in the area this is the place to stay. Ask for a room in the "67" series in the Tower.

Room Tip: Stay in the Tower "67" series; we stayed in the "61" series - views not so good.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Been to Boca Raton Resort, A Waldorf Astoria Resort? Share your experiences!