“Nice property, not as nice as other Waldorfs, parking is a pain” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Mid-Summer Sale!
Ranked #7 of 26 Hotels in Boca Raton
southern california
“Nice property, not as nice as other Waldorfs, parking is a pain”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

I stayed here for three nights while on business in Boca Raton. This is a large property and it has a sister property on the beach - the Beach Club property. There is a shuttle that goes back and forth between the properties. It is prompt but sometimes gets stuck in traffic over the bridge.
The Camino Real property, where I stayed, had many amenties so despite it's not being on the beach, I had pretty much everything I needed for a business stay. It has a very well-equipped gym. The equipment is not brand new but it is well-maintained. Compared to other Hiltons and other Waldorfs, I would rank this gym worse than the other Waldorf properties where I have stayed (recently the Wailea property on Maui and a couple of years ago the Park City property)
and better than most of the Hilton properties. It has a separate weight room and a very large cardio room. Coffee and tea are available and there is a bowl of fruit.

My room was quite clean. It was not recently renovated but still a nice room. I asked to switch rooms after the first night. This was because my room was over the bar area where they have live music at night. It was not terribly loud in the room and the windows seemed to have excellent sound-proofing. However I could still hear a bit of noise and thus wanted a quieter location. I was a bit disappointed because I specifically asked for a quiet room upon check-in and it was not in a quiet location. The new room was up on the 4th floor on the other side of the building in a nice and quiet location. It had two double beds instead of one king bed, which was not a problem for me.

I did not eat at any of the restaurants on the main property but instead went to the seafood restaurant at the beach front property. After some discussion they were able to sit me at a table on the veranda looking out over the ocean. This was really lovely as the weather was perfect. I ordered their signature dish, the black cod and it was really fantastic. They also have excellent pretzel bread accompanying the meal.

The one problem with this property is the parking. It cost over $27/day. I would not mind paying for this if they had reasonable service. One day I had to call/ask three times before my car was brought around. There were not many people there and I was the only one waiting. I wonder if they misplaced the keys? On my checkout date the valet refused to answer the phones for the call down. I called several times and no one responded. I called the guest service line and they told me I had to talk to the valet people. I called the guest service line again and asked them to talk to the valet directly because they were not answering the phone. This was now my third call. I got a call back from the guest service line saying that the valet was not taking any call ahead calls for valet parking that morning. The only thing I could imagine is that they had a large wedding party there overnight and perhaps they were short staffed. But I was there on business travel and felt I should not have to pay a lot for parking if they were not going to be providing a service for parking. This is the first time in some years I asked for parking to be refunded because of service. The front desk manager took the parking charges off of my bill. I hope they do not return.

In terms of location, this is a rather conveniently located property for business travel in Boca. Although it is not as "fancy" as the beach front property, it is much more accessible to the main part of Boca Raton and thus better for me on my business trip. I got a pretty good rate ($240/night) at the AAA rate. There is a resort charge as well as the parking charge so the cost can go up. But the internet was free for everyone which helped to offset the resort fee.

Overall I found this hotel to be not as well run as the other Waldorfs I have stayed at - they were really run like clockwork. But it was a reasonably well-run property compared to many other hotels I have stayed at (outside of the Waldorf chain). I also did not find this one as nice as the Conrad in NYC where I stayed last month. I would put it more at the level of a higher end Hilton than a luxury level hotel. Aside from the parking issue, it worked well for me and my business trip. I think some modest changes to their parking procedures could easily fix that problem.

Room Tip: If you want a quiet room ask for something away from the bar/nightclub area - the side overlooking t...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (538)
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

To say the Service at this resort was excellent is an understatement. From check in, to room service, to pool side and cabana assistance, hotel and bar waitress, every person was warm, engaging, and went far above and beyond to make sure we were well cared for.
The hotel was clean, easy to navigate, and beautiful. We will definitely stay again.
Thanks to Carmen and Masa!!!

Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

My wife and I stayed here the night after our wedding at The Addison. Numerous fresh citrus infused water provided at arrival in the beautiful lobby. We stayed in a suite in the bungalows. Room was amazing. Luxury at a high level. Dining room and living room are open concept creating quite a welcome upon opening the door. Dining room seats 6 at a large table, full kitchen with stainless steal appliances and granite countertops, living area has couch capable of seating 5, the bedroom is down a long hallway across from a walk-in closet, bathroom has a big shower stall with rainfall shower nozzle and a large bathtub and his and hers vanity area. King size bed was soft and has what I like to call the pillow menu, many pillows of varying softness and firmness. The property is beautiful but other than some wedding photos we really didn't have time to see most of it. Marina on the side is a parking place for some mega yachts. Golf course looked top notch and the resort offers many activities. The bungalows are not located near the front desk and actually don't even feel like part of the resort as they are tucked away in a corner of the 356 acre property. If you don't have your own car you have to take a shuttle to and from the lobby. If you do have a car parking is plentiful but the drive to the bungalows can be confusing at first. Shuttles will also take you to the beach at the nearby Boca Beach Club(sister hotel). Service is nothing less than what you'd expect at a Waldorf Astoria property.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

Just stayed at the Waldorf in Boca.

The website looked grand, the reviews were mixed going in. While I didn't see any of the snootiness others complained about and the public areas have that old hotel charm to them, the room I stayed in was dated, worn, and in many areas non functional. There are 5 or 6 distinct areas of the hotel. I stayed in the "Tower" a 25-ish I think 80s era addition to the otherwise old hotel.

The room was reasonably large with a nice view over the inner bay. But there it ended. Some issues of note
- very dated, worn furniture and decor (shower curtains, really? Hadn't seen those in a while)
- NO hot water in the shower for 3 days
- desk phone not work
- damaged walls and chipped paint everywhere
- ill fitting, drop tile ceilings like in cheap offices
- free wifi (good) that you can either not connect to or is glacially slow when you manage to connect (bad)

To top it off the last night I was bitten while in bed. Not sure what it was but I do have a large swelling on my thigh at the moment. To be fair that could be a mosquito or something else not to do with the hotel, but it's there nonetheless.

In my case I was there on business, but it is not a cheap hotel and if I had been paying I would expect a LOT more. quite frankly, I have been in nicer Holiday inn rooms. In my opinion it is a disgrace to the Waldorf Brand

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
BocaGuestRelations, General Manager at Boca Raton Resort, A Waldorf Astoria Resort, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
We want our guests to discover the incomparable service and style of our hotel. We never want to fall short of offering such unique and extraordinary luxury that we pride ourselves in. We're reviewing your suggestions and working on the service missteps you mention in your review. We hope we'll have another opportunity to serve you the next time you're in town and please feel free to contact us if you have any additional concerns or comments.

Peter Serena
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Fabulous service, rooms were immaculate. Beautiful view of the water, terrace. We greeted by everyone, from opening the car door to the front desk. We got a little lost but the security came to our rescue and took us to our room and opened the door for us, what more can I say expensive but it is nice to feel pampered every once and a while.

Room Tip: Room 601 on the water yacht club
Greenwich, CT
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

The campus of this resort is so huge that you need either boat or tram to get around but it is great fun. The lobby, bar and restaurants are very good. However, only stay at the Beach Club which is both elegant and fun. We'd like to go back for more spa treatments. Some of the very best!

Room Tip: Don't stay at Cloisters but just the Beach Club. It has a phenomenal view of the ocean that is h...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Miami Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

The hotel is beautiful and very clean. The rooms are spotless and confortable. The pool area is fun and beautiful. Service is excellent. Food delicious. I have spent some weekends in this hotel and I love it.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Wyndham Deerfield Beach Resort
Wyndham Deerfield Beach Resort
#1 of 18 in Deerfield Beach
4.5 of 5 stars 1,581 reviews

Been to Boca Raton Resort, A Waldorf Astoria Resort? Share your experiences!