“Liked Boca Beach Club” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 26 Hotels in Boca Raton
Greenwich, CT
“Liked Boca Beach Club”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

The campus of this resort is so huge that you need either boat or tram to get around but it is great fun. The lobby, bar and restaurants are very good. However, only stay at the Beach Club which is both elegant and fun. We'd like to go back for more spa treatments. Some of the very best!

Room Tip: Don't stay at Cloisters but just the Beach Club. It has a phenomenal view of the ocean that is h...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (467)
Miami Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

The hotel is beautiful and very clean. The rooms are spotless and confortable. The pool area is fun and beautiful. Service is excellent. Food delicious. I have spent some weekends in this hotel and I love it.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

A convention-goer's nemesis. The bus between the hotel and the beach club runs infrequently, and irregularly. The boat is even less dependable, but it won't shake your fillings lose like the bus does.

The food by the pool is standard deep-fried food stand fare with pricing to suggest there's a chef instead of a bartender doubling as a fry-cook. The other restaurants are fine with prices that reflect the time and aggravation to get a cab into the sparse town and back.

Obviously the charm has been subjected to cost-benefit analysis, as the afternoon limeade has been replaced with water with a lime and mint leaves floating within.

The staff seem unaware of the layout of the property. Good luck asking directions.

The fixtures are antique and the tile could use a re-grout.

What happened to the place I used to look forward to visiting?

• Stayed March 2013
BocaGuestRelations, General Manager at Boca Raton Resort, A Waldorf Astoria Resort, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
It's imperative that we remain at the service levels our guests expect. I appreciate that you brought your concerns to our attention and value your loyalty to us. We reevaluating current menu offerings, enhancing training processes and reviewing transportation times to ensure we're doing all we can to offer superior service and accommodations. Please accept my sincere apologies and feel free to contact me personally if you have any additional concerns. We hope you'll return to receive the flawless hospitality you expect and deserve.

Peter J. Serena
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013 via mobile

My fiance and I stayed the Valentine's long weekend at the hotel and the hotel was beautiful and the experience was romantic.My only problem an encounter with a staff member they called AJ (Anjenise). I had a question and she completely ignored me and continued to talk on her cell phone about personal stuff. While waiting for her personal conversation to end I overheard her talking about her criminal acts and about her arrest in the past. This upset me greatly not only did she have me waiting for no significant reason but to know that this prestigious hotel would hire criminals. I eventually walked awayand found someone else to assist me. My family is coming to stay for the Easter weekend at this hotel and I hope this hotel has gotten rid of this staff member.

• Stayed February 2013
West Palm Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

I had the pleasure of interacting with the staff at the Boca Raton Resort & Club during my stay in December 2012. The resort offers unique amenities; the staff is professional, courteous and friendly. The picturesque grounds are immaculately maintained; a photo opportunity lies at every turn. Marvin Wilson was extremely accommodating and made the guests in my wedding party feel like honored guests of the resort. I plan to return to the Boca Raton Resort & Club on an annual basis. I highly recommend this resort to families of all sizes, business guests, and anyone else looking to enjoy South Florida at its finest.

Room Tip: The tower has awesome views!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Marrakech, Morocco
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

I was in town for the weekend with a friend and decided to stay here. We had a great stay. The staff was very accommodating when the store was closed downstairs, the manager opened the store for us and let us purchase bathing suits so we could go swimming late at night. The only down said was that my friend wanted his car washed, the valet guys told him the service was closed until the morning. We were leaving in the morning. I felt they could have done more to resolve the issue.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

My husband and I just came from celebrating our 30th Wedding Anniversary at this resort and words can not describe how happy we left from this resort! The customer service is truly like NO OTHER! From the minute you pull up with your car to the second you leave you are treated like royalty! Everyone greets you with a big smile and kindness! The resort itself is gorgeous and with plenty of things to do. Lot's of restaurants, 2 pools, spa, and Golf if you like. The room was very clean and updated. The room service was excellent as well as the pool service.
Thanks to the kindness of everyone at this resort ( Valet attendant, front desk, bellhop, room attendants, pool attendants, restaurant attendants) my husband and I will have a beautiful memory of this anniversary celebration!
I especially want to thank the people in the front desk, they truly aim to please.
You will NOT regret going to this hotel/resort.

Room Tip: Rooms in the TOWER BUILDING are definitely the best! For us, they are the ones with the best view!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Boca Raton Resort, A Waldorf Astoria Resort? Share your experiences!