“Beachfront dining was excellent” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #13 of 17 restaurants in Boca Grande
Cuisines: Seafood
Greensboro, NC
“Beachfront dining was excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2011

We enjoyed trigger fish (chef prepared it grilled on special request) and a shrimp wrap. Really good fries. Spectacular beach front dining - with options for indoor and outdoor seating. Excellent service.

63% Recommend
Pennsylvania
“Average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2011

My husband and I got takeout from South Beach during our recent trip to Boca Grande. My husband got the Cheeseburger in Paradise, which he said was good, as were his fries. I ordered the spinach and artichoke dip, which was probably the worst I've ever had.

• 3 of 5 stars Food
Winter Park, Florida
“Incredible sunsets with good food and a laid back atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2011

South Beach B & G has been one of our favorite places to eat for a long time. We try to get to Boca Grande every summer with family for relaxing, fishing and fun in the water. The SBBG is located right on the Gulf beach. There are tables outside and inside with air conditioning. The fish is always fresh and cooked just right. They have a Lobster Mac and Cheese that is to die for and fantastic crab cakes as well as the good old standbys of hamburgers and steaks. Go in your shorts and flip flops because you'll want to walk out on the beach while you're there. It's not cheap but for what you get it's a good value.

Venice, Florida
“Take your hunger elsewhere!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2011

My family and I were on Boca Grande for the Fourth of July weekend, and decided to try South Beach as our lunch spot. It was a late lunch, but nonetheless they were a little busy. We slightly expected that for the holiday weekend, however, for having probably 25 tables in the whole restaurant staffing two waitresses is definitely not enough. Our service was mediocre at best, drink refills were almost impossible, and it took over 45 minutes for our lunch to get to the table. My mom had the Ultimate Grouper sandwich, and she actually was completely sick with food poisoning afterwards! The dressing on the bread had cut up eggs, & they must have been sitting out, or old or something! Just terrible!
My grandmother had the Seafood Streusel & she said it was ok, bland and the rice was a little cold.There was no choice on the side dish, rice was just placed; never asked for or not by the waitress. I got a basic pastrami sandwich with french fries, it was VERY greasy. My pastrami tasted like it was out of the package, a cheap store variety. We noticed a six top near by to our table that sat with their kids completely ignored when they needed drink refills, and then had a different server altogether ask them for their orders. It was embarrassing!!

$53 for what? I won't ever be going back, that's for sure!

• Visited July 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Punta Gorda, Florida
“Great Food! Great view! Great service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2011

Despite some of the negative reviews I've read I decided to bring my family to South Beach last week. I'm so happy I did because we came on a very busy night without a reservation and had a very pleasant experience. The man who set up our table for us, who we later found out was one of the owners, was more than accommodating, and had us laughing within moments. I hope this is not the same man (Bert) that I had read about in the reviews, because if that is the case I think it's probably the customer that might have been the problem!! The food was excellent and the service was outstanding! We will definitely be coming back!

• Visited June 2011