I stayed at the Inn over the four day Presidents Weekend with my two daughters 11 and 13. We had two rooms in one of the cottages (#52). The rooms have been recently remodeled throughout and are very nicely done, including the bathrooms. High ceilings, big windows and a porch. There are two other rooms in the same cottage (that can all be connecting), and there was some noise (not much) through the doors.
Breakfast and dinner were in the Main Dining Room. The service was very good and the food was excellent. We were on the American Plan, so all meals were included. A jacket for men is required at dinner and gives it a nice relaxed touch. The breakfast buffet was outstanding. There is a beautiful view of the golf course on one side.
We rented a golf cart for the four days and it was waiting at our room. It is useful for getting to the beach club (about 1.5 blocks away) where there is a pool, restaurant for lunch, Har-Tru tennis courts and the beach. A very nice facility. They have music at sundown. The golf cart also got us the two miles up the road to rent a boat from Boca Boats, and a mile or so south to the light house.
It is a great Florida resort the way it used to be and we will definitely be going back. We went to Naples (Ritz Carlton at Vanderbilt beach) for 10 years, but I think this is more the was I like to enjoy the beach and Florida.
- Also Known As:
- Gasparilla Inn & Club Hotel Boca Grande
- Gasparilla Inn And Club
- Gasparilla Inn & Club Hotel
- Gasparilla Hotel Boca Grande
- Gasparilla Hotel
- Gasparilla Resort Boca Grande
- Gasparilla Inn Boca Grande
- Gasparilla Inn
- Gasparilla Inn Florida
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Gasparilla Inn & Club is pleased to welcome you to relax and enjoy one of the oldest and most unique premiere destinations on Florida’s Gulf Coast. Opened in 1913, the historic Inn has always greeted guests with warm hospitality, a tranquil atmosphere and a picturesque setting. Guests are offered a host of spectacular resort amenities and activities while basking in the Florida sun and enjoying the Inn's "old-Florida" charm. ... more less