“A good meal and a walk on the beach...better than staying at home.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sisters Italian American Restaurant

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
North Port, Florida
“A good meal and a walk on the beach...better than staying at home.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

With my restaurant.com coupon in hand we decided to eat at Sisters in Boca Grande about 40 minutes from home...this is how I "check out" a place before I suggest it to my guests or others that I meet...it was a Friday night the place was busy but not crowded, 2 waitresses who did a great job keeping up with their tables. Ordered calamari which was hot, tender and fresh with a marinara dipping sauce...the hot bread and seasoned olive oil came at the same time...the bread was right out of the oven and the dipping oil was awesome....chefs secret recipe we were told. For our entrée I ordered Seafood Lasagna...chunks of seafood in between tender noodles topped with marinara sauce and mozzarella cheese...hot. Husband ordered Chicken Francei (sp?) on a bed of angle hair pasta..which he stated was different..I also looked at a lunch menu out of curiosity and the appitizers, salads and pizzas were the same as dinner menu...entrees were wraps, clubs, subs and sandwiches...which I will try next time I beach here...all in all the service was great, food was hot and tasty, our bill before the coupon was $49 not bad for an island meal.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

ENGLEWOOD
“Another Late Dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

After the awards w ere given at the Boca Grande Tarpon Tournament, and the event was, for all practical purposes over, we wandered around with our beers to-go, hoping we'd find a restaurant still open--and Sisters was happy to have us. Even at this late hour, they still had a pretty good crowd, but found us a table right away.

Sisters is a plain bistro with medium high prices, the service was excellent and the xhoices were good. Our table mates enjoyed a nice pizza and we had the veal piccatta $19.95. Both were good choices and were delivered to our table only a few minutes after we had finished our second hot loaf of bread. (They were happy to bring the bread--and we were happy to have it.) We all stuck with the Stella drafts that we were working on when we arrived.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Port Charlotte
“NOT GOOD”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

I do not usually write reviews on restaurants, however, I thought it was necessary to warn future patrons of this restaurant. My granddaughter had given us a gift certificate so we decided to use it at Sisters...we visit the island often, but had never been to Sisters. The Calamari was very good, however the antipasta salad was very skimpy for the price...we also ordered the fried shrimp basket and grouper basket.. VERY poor quaity. The grouper breading was very tough...it tasted old and it was over-fried... we spent more than twice the gift certificated and we were VERY disappointed. If we had stuck with the pizza we probably would have had a better experience, however, it is my opinion that when people spend hard earned money on a dining experience, they should always get good quality food. We will not be going back.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Williamsburg, Virginia
“Overpriced and terrible”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

This is the first time I have ever been compelled to write a negative review. I am pretty easy to please, but given the price, the current rating and business The Sisters enjoys on this site, and my experience, I feel the need to warn people. I ordered seafood lasagna, and my date ordered the shrimp scampi. The lasagna noodles were tough to the point of being inedible and the seafood filling tasted like it had the consistency of a rubbery boiled egg in red sauce covered in cheese. The scampi was bland and the shrimp had the same overcooked texture as my seafood. I sent the lasagna back, paid my check and left. We were on of only two tables in the restaurant. A manager never came out to address the problem and I half expected to see it on the bill, which it wasn't (the only bright spot of my visit).

Enjoy the beautiful beaches in Boca Grande. Steer clear of this restaurant.

• Visited April 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Cape Coral, Florida
“Lunch at Sisters”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

Recently a group of us took the Calussa Queen over to Boca Grande for the afternoon. We decided to eat at Sisters. It was a great decision. We enjoyed good wine and very good food with ample portions. Prices were very reasonable for the Island. We will go back on another visit.

• Visited April 2013