“This place feels like home” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Anchor Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Boca Grande
The Anchor Inn
You added The Anchor Inn to your Saves list
450 Fourth Street East, Boca Grande, FL 33921   |
Ranked #2 of 3 Boca Grande B&B and Inns
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“This place feels like home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

This place is so charming and comfortable. you are right in the center of 'downtown' so an easy stoll to anywhere, but its still tucked away off of the main road. the pool in the back is a little oasis. our whole family booked a few rooms and we all shared the back area - such a blast.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Englewood, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Wonderful.accommodations. Easy access to amenities in the village. A well-maintained facilitywith excellent management personnel. Unit #2 was very confortable. Walk to restaurants and the bike path.Theswimming pool is a great refresher after a sightseeing walk.Can't wait to get back.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2015

I have stayed at the Anchor Inn before and enjoyed it. This time, however, was a nightmare. I arrived to a 90 degree room. I promptly set the air conditioner and left. Three hours later I returned to a 90 degree room. I tried repeatedly to get the ac to work but to no avail. I tried the realty company's phone number, but it only had an emergency number for medical emergencies. I made a judgment call that this was not a medical emergency unless I stayed any longer in the room!! I decided to leave at 9pm at night rather than live through a night of misery. I sent two text messages to Parsley Baldwin Realty explaining the situation. The next morning I called and was told they had called the air conditioning company to see if my complaint had merit. That afternoon I went to the realty company and met rental agent Danielle extraordinaire. She could care less that I had a miserable experience. She said that the ac was broken, but insinuated it was my fault for not calling the emergency number and having it fixed that night. And then she let me know my money MIGHT be refunded. I could not believe it. What a lousy customer experience. If I were the owner of the Anchor Inn I would be mortified by how the rental company had represented my property to a well-intentioned repeat customer.

Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2015 via mobile

The Anchor Inn is lovely. Just be forewarned that Parsley Baldwin Realty's chief rental agent carries a stick. I arrived to a 86 degree room, thought I turned on the ac and went out to a lovely dinner and walk on the beach. Arriving back in the room after 8:30 pm I found the heat stifling. We made repeated tries for about an hour to get the air to work. U finally called the realty number, but felt that this situation did not qualify as an emergency. We were tired, hot, and frustrated. We left to stay with friends 30 minutes away. We sent 2 text messages and left a note. I called in the morning and then stopped by the office. I never heard the word sorry for your poor experience. Instead I was told that We should have called the emergency number because the ac was not working and that probably the $315 we had spent would be refunded. I am amazed at the lack of customer service or appreciation for our dismal experience. Be forewarned that the rental agent we worked with could care less. What a lousy attitude and way to run a hotel is all I have to say.

• Stayed March 2015
Marco island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2015

We stayed in the one bedroom and had all the comforts of home. Even a king sized bed. Plus dishwasher and all the appliances you need. You could walk to the grocery store and pick up whatever you needed. It was conveniently located in the downtown area so you could walk to everything. Our tv didn't work when we arrived and we had a brand new one waiting for us when we got back from dinner. Management company was very helpful and very accommodating. They had a pool and grill in the back for all to use. Nice porch to sit on and read a book. We will definitely stay at the Inn again.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled with friends
Clearwater, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

We really enjoyed our stay at Anchor Inn over the weekend. Growing up going to Boca Grande, it is special when you get to share it with friends. This townhouse really made it all the more special. It was conveniently located in town, and it is a quick cart ride to the beach. The private pool was great after being at the beach. (the deck around the pool gets VERY hot though and burned our little ones toes so be careful!) The kitchen was equipped and there was plenty of room to entertain, cook, etc.

We had one maintenance call and while the problem was solved quickly once received, it took three calls to get a call back from our rental management company.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Marco island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

Having just recently returned from our favorite place in Florida and reading the reviews I felt obligated to respond to a previous poster. The owners listened to you. New fridge , new couch nice touch ups and improvements. Love the place, keep up the good work. Needless to say, we've been staying there, will continue going there and simply love the place

Room Tip: Units #1 & #2 are one bedroom efficiency units complete with kitchens with all the amenities, #3...