“Old and Tired” 2 of 5 stars
Review of The Anchor Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Boca Grande
The Anchor Inn
You added The Anchor Inn to your Saves list
450 Fourth Street East, Boca Grande, FL 33921   |
Ranked #2 of 3 Boca Grande B&B and Inns
Carmel, Indiana
“Old and Tired”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014

Great location close to all of the shops and restaurants. However, the furnishings are very tired, refrigerator is rusted, bathroom tile needs to be caulked. Worst is that you can not turn the temperature down below 70 and they don't supply any bars of soap or shampoo in the bathroom. They advertise a heated pool...NOT. No maid service. This place is not worth $200 a night.
This could really be a cute place if they redid the whole place.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

We stayed in unit 3. Perfect for a family of 4. Great location and the front porch is the best hangout! We would have given this 5 stars had it been slightly cleaner- with more modern furniture, especially the TV. The unit needs a deep clean - lots of sand and dust hiding. We vacation here often and rarely watch TV, but my dad wanted the Sunday night football game, and we struggled with the older SD model. Also, we never found the free wifi password. But we would absolutely stay here again and were pleased overall.

Stayed December 2013
Teaneck, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

My husband, 10 month old son and I were in town for a wedding in early November and chose the Anchor Inn because the price was right. We stayed in the efficiency (I believe unit 4).. It was very clean and well kept but we did have a leaking fridge which they just told us to throw a towel on the floor over the leak. It wasn't really an inconvenience but a bit tough with a 10 month old crawling around. The Pool was less than desirable as it really doesn't get any sun and the deck is def. not kid friendly. All in all, I think this is a great place for adults and truly the perfect location. If you are looking for a nice little weekend getaway I think this is a great place with great value and it's run by really nice people. If you are staying a little bit longer and looking for a little more luxury I would say check out some other places on the island (which are probably less convenient, besides the Gasparilla Inn) .. I also wouldn't recommend taking a baby or young child here if you are looking to enjoy the pool or deck area.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

I have been traveling to Boca Grande for 20 years, always staying on the north end of the island near or with my parents. This trip was for my nephew's wedding at the Gasparilla Inn. I wanted to stay in town, but not pay the prices at the Gasparilla Inn, so I chose the Anchor Inn. It was perfect! I was one block away from the wedding festivities and right in the middle of town. I stayed in the studio (room 2) and it was clean, comfortable and just great. The owner and his brother in law were around the whole weekend and were very friendly. In all, it was a great experience and I would definitely recommend this inn.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Juno Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

This is our first trip to Boca Grande and Gasparilla Island. We've spent a lot of time visiting on Little Gasparilla Island, but my father-in-law sold his house there. So my wife hit TripAdvisor and found this little treasure in Boca Grande...The Anchor Inn. A great place for a family of four to spend a couple of nights on the West Coast of Florida. We plan to rent a golf cart tomorrow for our island transportation. On our next trip, I think we'll bring the bikes. No complaints from our college age children. They are already telling me which house(s) on the island I need to acquire as a retirement home. Check their website for more info. We'll be back to The Anchor Inn to stay!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Lake Toxaway, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

Located centrally, just a few blocks from the beach and in the midst of restaurants and shopping. Nicely appointed with all needs met: comfortable, clean, convenient. We stayed in the 2 bedroom unit and would choose to stay there again.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Ann Arbor, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

We had the one bedroom unit 1, so can't comment on the others (all described on the website). Overall, staying here was a very positive experience and met our needs. The owner happened to be onsite and was very pleasant and helpful. Best feature: just a few blocks from the downtown shops and minutes from the water. Biggest negative: uncomfortable seating - needs a big upgrade ! All the 5-star reviews implied to us that it would be a luxury property, and while everything was very clean and the unit well appointed, it was more on the utilitarian side; as a hotel it would be graded more 3-star than 5-star. The website mentioned "complimentary laundry", which is true, there is a laundry on site, but we assumed there would be some maid service to deal with towels/bedding, but there wasn't.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to The Anchor Inn? Share your experiences!