“Nightmare at Christmas” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Airport Motel

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Blountstown
Airport Motel
You added Airport Motel to your Saves list
21901 State Road 20, Blountstown, FL   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Blountstown
Sarasota, Florida
“Nightmare at Christmas”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012

I stayed here while visiting my husband at one of the nearby prison facilities for the holiday.This place is nasty,the bathroom is the only decent area ,and as other reviews highlight,the rest of the room was unacceptably filthy,there was grafitti in the room on the furniture,and there were little tree air fresheners hanging from the a/c unit.I was alone with my 6 year old son and did not feel safe here.My son was taking a bath with his ducks to entertain himself,and the front desk actually complained he was too noisy,maybe if the provide a swing set or something in the middle of no where...I digress..this place is a desperation stay.I forgot to mention,also no room phone service,and unless you have verizon,no cell phone signal available.Restaurants are few and seldom open,and the piggly wiggly is your closest option,but no cooking in te room,but theres a fridge and micro.So weird and creepy.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Seminole
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2012

OK, the guy at the desk was very friendly. The area is certainly quiet. On the plus side, the bathroom appeared to be very clean and there was plenty of hot water for a shower. It's a good thing because I needed a long shower to feel clean after spending time in the room. Unfortunately, the thin scratchy towels (could literally see through them), spoiled the one good part of the visit. The bed spread was filthy, even looked to have fecal stains on it. The sheets and pillow cases seemed clean but the bed was miserably uncomfortable. I was very grateful to have had my own pillow. My husband referred to the mattress as "Sealey's Torquemada model". There was a chair and a fabric covered bench in the room that were so filthy I would never sit on them for fear I would stick. The carpet was filthy and had an iron shaped burn mark on it. The walls and doors were dirty. The TV was super small. The fridge had a horrible smell. At least there were no bugs. Trust me, I checked. If it hadn't been so late, we'd have just left and gone somewhere else. I'm really not fussy. We camp a lot and I don't mind "roughing it". All I wanted was a basic clean room. For the price, I had low expectations. Apparently, not low enough.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Newark, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

When we found out we were going to Blountstown Florida, the only motel in the area was the Airport Motel. It is small older motel. I was amazed at the cleanliness of the rooms. They are small but immaculately kept up. The staff was extremely friendly. The beds were comfortable, there was plenty of hot water for the showers and we even had a fairly decent interconnection. I would recommend this motel to anyone who has business or family in the area.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Arab, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012

We did a job in Blountstown and stayed at the Airport Motel. We had a wonderful stay. The Motel is very quiet, clean rooms, good showers, clean sheets, comfortable beds, and reasonable rates. The owners name is Harry and he is a great guy. Very hospitable, friendly and helpful. If I'm ever in Blountstown again I will definately stay at Harry's Airport Motel again.
Harry, if you read this I want to say Thank you for the wonderful stay that we had and thank you for making us feel so welcome at you motel. You're a great guy and I wish you the best. Hope to see you again sometime. Sincerely, Barron from room# 108 and 117 from 04-02-12 thru 04-04-12.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Spring Hill, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2012

Was quoted one price on phone on two different inquires and charged more on check out. When asked why ,was given no answer just that is the cost. Ice machine broken with sign saying charge for ice. Room did not have 2 queen beds but doubles. Room so small it felt like a closet. No hot water for showers. Wi fi had no strenght and unable to maintain connection. Worst place I've ever stayed and cost me as much as Red Roof or Quality Inn. Do yourself a favor and keep driving.

Room Tip: The 3 motels in Bountstown are all terrible. Even the town residents said Airport and the other 2 a...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2011

The Airport Motel's amenities are minimal, but it has the three most important: It is quiet, clean and friendly. If you're looking for a spa, a pool and restaurant look elsewhere. But if you're looking for a pleasant place to stay while you explore the Apalachicola River area, look no further.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2011

We stayed there 2 weeks ago while visiting a sick friend. True, it's an older hotel but I don't live in a brand new home either. It was clean, I felt safe, and it had everything we needed... Fridge, microwave, plenty of hot water, and a decent king bed. Good value for the money. True, Blountstown doesn't offer many choices. For us, no other choice was needed.

• Stayed August 2011

Been to Airport Motel? Share your experiences!