What a wonderful oasis this is. It was our first trip to the Keys, so we didn't utilize the property too much as we were exploring Key West and I'm very sorry about that. It just means I have to go back next year! Harry greeted us at the gate, gave us the grand tour, along with some great stories. When I saw the welcome cupcakes in our beautiful room, I almost cried with joy. The vegan breakfast is grand and delicious and I am still waking up every day thinking about those amazing muffins. Jen and Harry were the perfect hosts, full of information, and so comfortable to be with. If you are vegan, vegetarian, eco-conscious, or just open to the possibilities this is a great place to stay. Even if you're none of those things, it's still a great place to stay if you bring your compassion and respect for people, animals and the planet. Thanks Harry and Jen. Can't wait to come back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our Caribbean-style eco-friendly home is a State of Florida Certified green lodge. Nestled in lush native trees on the island of Big Pine, down a private, dead-end street. We’re 2 miles off the highway, directly on the Atlantic Ocean…You won’t find us unless you're looking. Come relax at our amazing oceanfront B&B, feast on our organic breakfasts, and let your worries melt away. All our amenities are included: bikes, kayaks, park pass, aquabike, snorkle equipment. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Deer Run Bed And Breakfast
- Deer Run Hotel Big Pine Key
- Deer Run Bed & Breakfast Big Pine Key, Florida Keys