“Make sure you're reading about the right hotel!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Rate
Free room upgrade
Ranked #1 of 1 hotels in Belleair Beach
Niederkassel, Germany
“Make sure you're reading about the right hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2011

We've been to the Belleair Beach Resort at 2040 Gulf Blvd. regularly for more than 15 years and do come back twice a year. Sure, the furniture could sometimes be a bit more modern, but the owner and staff take care of any little wish you might have concerning your room.

That being said, we have noticed that a lot of reviews and pictures on this side are of a completely different hotel, probably the Belleair Beach Club a bit further down the road. So, be sure that you book the right hotel if you want to stay at the better one, the Belleair Beach Resort! Please check their website if you are unsure, it's http://www.belleairbeachresort.com.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple

63 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Tampa, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2011

This place is a complete dive. It's beautiful location is very deceiving. I went with my two sons, ages 3 and 13. The room was filled with furniture that had to be at least 20 years old, There was a dead roach in the middle of the kitchen floor, Chigger-like bugs all over the place...on the tables, under the comforters, crawling along the corners of where the ceiling and walls meet. I was completely grossed out. My sister came to see me and insisted that I go buy some Home Defense. My kids were really looking forward to this trip. If it werent for them, I would have left. The pool is cloudy, has a gross film all around it along the tile, globs of hair greet you on the walkway as you walk in to the pool area. Clogged filters in the corner of the pool deck, with standing water, green algae included. We ended up staying at my sisters house two of the nights out of three. And the fridge in our room didnt work either, so our food got ruined. I will never, never ever stay here again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Belleair Beach hotels

Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2011

We chose this place because we always try to find the smaller, owner-operated Motels that still let you feel like a friend and not a wad of cash/or credit. The view from the 2nd floor gulf-front rooms is Great. Sunsets are right off your balcony. Owner is friendly and helpful. Rooms and grounds are dated and in need of some renovations, but overall it is basically clean and comfortable for those of us that still prefer the good ole days of the "Mom and Pop" owner-operated Motels. Pool is nice and access to Gulf is right on property. Lots of Lounge chairs by pool and along gulf-front. 2 BBQ Grills for outdoor cooks and charcoal was provided when we were there. Not sure why anyone would object to the idea of "no refunds"; why would you expect one? Close enough to restaurants, shopping and Clearwater Beach. Nice place for a day or week at the beach.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Petika5fam, Owner at Belleair Beach Resort, responded to this review, March 14, 2014
In God We Trust,

Dear ,

Thank you for being our guest at Belleair Beach Resort Motel, and thank you so much for your revue with Trip Advisor, we will always work on improving our facilities, and the service. We love to serve you again in the feature.

To contact us, please e-mail us (belleair@gte.net), or call us at (1- 800 780 1696) or ( 727 595 1696).
For more information, please visit our website (www.belleairbeachresort.com). Once again, thank you and see you soon.

Macari
Lake Hamilton,Fl
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2011

I stayed at this "Beach Resort" three times.

The first time there seemed to be a very bad misunderstanding. I made reservations by phone that was good, then I called back and questioned the non refundable money he mentioned as I didn't touch on it when he told me the first time. Well he was quite rude and made me question my reservations but I had already made reservation minutes before so I was already in the non refundable state and there were no other places available. My grandchildren and I arrived and he was very rude he even made me cry in front of other guests that were checking in. I told him all I want is a place at the beach with grandchildren to have fun. The next day he came to the pool and apoligized even reached to hug me and said he was under alot of stress. I let it go. CAme back the next trip was nice no problems.
I take my grand children to the beach twice a year spring break and the end of summer vacation.
We returned this last March (spring Break) Our stay was meant to be 6 days all was well 4th day that night the children and I had been on the beach all day we came in showered ate and we had a friends child for the night and all three children 4,6,8 were in the bed watching Nickalodean. I laid in the other bed and fell asleep never heard anything else we all fell sound asleep 2 am I woke and shut the tv off. The next day this lady very mean stopped by my door and said "you kept us up all night the children screaming went on and on " I apoligized. Then the owner came over and said I was making too much noise all night and the children were screaming and playing all night and I tried to explain that fell asleep with the TV on he started shaking and saliva expelling from his mouth...the children were sound asleep and so was I it was a mistake to leave the TV on and yes Nickalodean can get load I guess with all the children stuff on it IT WAS AN ACCIDENT.He said the tv should be off by 10pm and said my children were bad etc...I had so many compliments from guests that came to me to tell me how well behaved they were and what great manners they had How did I do it they said..even down to how well they fished at their age.
He told me at 6pm to get out he became enraged horrible scared me scared my grandchildren. I had met some people there that moved to floridatheir familes all stayed there from TX they couldn't believ the way this man was behaving. I packed my stuff and my husband came over and helped me leave in the middle of the night with my little grandchildren. THIS MAN HAS AN ANGER PROBLEM !!! It was terrbible.
He called my husband a few times the next day apoligizing even offered free days for me to come back.He complimented the way I left the room......Be careful !!! I will never return there I gave three good tries. Even though the location is great!!! The facilities are not fancy(It's the Beacsh) the cleaning people were very nice. I tipped them and they were very nice.
There were some things I could have complained about(Beds old and dirty..kids banging upstairs etc) (Pillows yicky -brought my own brought my shampoo and soap) but didn't kept to myself and my grandchildren kept to themselves we were not High Maintenance at all.
He gave me one night refund and did not give the other night.He told me to call the Police it was the wierdest thing. He was very aggressive towards me. I am fighting it with the banks he wrote a statement to his bank that I recieved and was very untruthful. Very dissappointed..........I am returning to a place I used to stay at in Indian Rocks Beach where the people are very very very nice it is hard to get in there thats why I started going to the Bellaire Beach Resort I am just going to make reservation sooner to make sure I get in......
To top it all off the people that complained to begin with were very very strange people and he should have moved them if they weren't happy there. We really were not loud and disrespectful I am very careful to make sure my grandchildren are considerate and polite.
BEWARE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My Email add: dpearso3@tampabay.rr.com

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Minneapolis, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2011

Good location on beach, older motel, rooms were ok. Lots of families and kids. Requires prepayment and owners will not refund any money if you shorten stay.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Polk City, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2011

I really dont understand the negative remarks, unless the other guests felt like they found a treasure and wanted to keep the secret to themselves. This home away from home was delightful. Everyone my family or I came in contact with was pleasant. My room was clean, comfortable, and good size. If I wanted to complain about anything, it would be the fact that I couldnt stay longer...

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Denver, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2010

I should have known by the sign behind the front desk - "No refunds for leaving early." After 2 nights of a planned 4, we sacrificed our money and went elsewhere. The sand fleas coming from the bathroom sink were in the hundreds, and when I complained, they claimed to have no idea what the bugs were - they didn't offer to investigate, just said their maid was gone for the day so we'd have to wait until the next day. The pull-out couch was the worst mattress I've ever seen. My kids had no choice but to sleep on it as there was no way I would allow them on the floor. The dust and mold set off my daughter's asthma - not one good thing to say. Just avoid it.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family

Been to Belleair Beach Resort? Share your experiences!