“Good Thai and just OK Sushi” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Sushi
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Miami, Florida
“Good Thai and just OK Sushi”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

Asia Bay is a good spot if in the neighborhood. There are better Thai and much better Sushi not too far away. I did enjoy the atmosphere and it may be a good place for a date. The Spicy Tuna Rock appetizer was good. The Spider Roll was disappointing in taste and size (only 5 pieces). The Rainbow Roll was very good (8 pieces). And finally the Pad Thai (beef) was tasty.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

London, United Kingdom
“Better than average ... but not 'very good'”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Friendly staff and wide choice of menu. Sashimi was tasty & my spicy chicken rice was well prepared but a little dry.

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Fort Lauderdale
“Satiable Sushi”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

I had heard about Asia Bay Thai Cuisine & Sushi Bar a while ago and rave reviews on their fabulous Spicy Tuna Rock so it was always on my list of places to check out. I mean, if Alec Baldwin says its good then it must be good, right? My intention was to dine in but it was late and I was dead tired but still hungry so I decided to still go to Asia Bay but order takeout instead.

Although it was not a weekend and pretty late, the restaurant was jam packed. That made me feel a little bit better about doing takeout instead of dining in since there might have been a wait. The vibe inside the restaurant was energetic, you can tell that this is a fairly popular spot and people enjoy dining here. When I arrived my food wasn't ready so there was a little bit of a wait but I can't really fault them since I called when I was already on my way over there. Finally, with food in hand, I was excited to get home and chow down.

Since I decided to do takeout, I figured my best choice would be to order sushi since it had the greatest likelihood of tasting the same once I got home. I ordered the Mexican Roll, Spicy Tuna Roll, Toro Crunchy Roll and the Tuna Rock Roll. OMG was it good!!! It could be the delirium from my hunger, but it really was very good. My favorite was the Toro Crunchy Roll and being the most expensive it was best that it was otherwise I would have been real disappointed paying so much. Overall, the food was really good; I was a satisfied customer.

I definitely want to go back and try the Tuna Rock appetizer. Also, since I missed out on the dining experience this time, I am looking forward to going to the Fort Lauderdale location that is closer to home.

• Visited July 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Miami
“Wasted Fanfare”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2012

My wife and I went to this restaurant based on the superlative review another couple gave us. The service was dreadful in an otherwise empty eatery with a bland decor. I had to get up to find out who my server was amongst the few youngsters joking in back. The dishes were over seasoned and a tuna tataki opener was foul tasting. Getting the check took forever...considering the experience we wished it would never have come !

• Visited May 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Sunny Isles Beach, Florida
“Little gem in Bay Harbour.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2012

Very nice small restaurant. The food is well prepared and fresh. The staff is nice and attentive to the customer needs.

Visited February 2012