“Satiable Sushi” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Fort Lauderdale
“Satiable Sushi”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

I had heard about Asia Bay Thai Cuisine & Sushi Bar a while ago and rave reviews on their fabulous Spicy Tuna Rock so it was always on my list of places to check out. I mean, if Alec Baldwin says its good then it must be good, right? My intention was to dine in but it was late and I was dead tired but still hungry so I decided to still go to Asia Bay but order takeout instead.

Although it was not a weekend and pretty late, the restaurant was jam packed. That made me feel a little bit better about doing takeout instead of dining in since there might have been a wait. The vibe inside the restaurant was energetic, you can tell that this is a fairly popular spot and people enjoy dining here. When I arrived my food wasn't ready so there was a little bit of a wait but I can't really fault them since I called when I was already on my way over there. Finally, with food in hand, I was excited to get home and chow down.

Since I decided to do takeout, I figured my best choice would be to order sushi since it had the greatest likelihood of tasting the same once I got home. I ordered the Mexican Roll, Spicy Tuna Roll, Toro Crunchy Roll and the Tuna Rock Roll. OMG was it good!!! It could be the delirium from my hunger, but it really was very good. My favorite was the Toro Crunchy Roll and being the most expensive it was best that it was otherwise I would have been real disappointed paying so much. Overall, the food was really good; I was a satisfied customer.

I definitely want to go back and try the Tuna Rock appetizer. Also, since I missed out on the dining experience this time, I am looking forward to going to the Fort Lauderdale location that is closer to home.

• Visited July 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Miami
“Wasted Fanfare”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2012

My wife and I went to this restaurant based on the superlative review another couple gave us. The service was dreadful in an otherwise empty eatery with a bland decor. I had to get up to find out who my server was amongst the few youngsters joking in back. The dishes were over seasoned and a tuna tataki opener was foul tasting. Getting the check took forever...considering the experience we wished it would never have come !

• Visited May 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Sunny Isles Beach, Florida
“Little gem in Bay Harbour.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2012

Very nice small restaurant. The food is well prepared and fresh. The staff is nice and attentive to the customer needs.

Visited February 2012
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Very disappointing. Loud interior. Terrible service.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2011

We are huge fans of the Asia Bay on Las Olas in Fort Lauderdale, so we looked forward to our meal at its Bay Harbor location. We waited and waited for our main course. We noticed that some tables had dishes coming constantly, while ours and others waited a long time. Even after complaining first to our waitress, then to the owner, both of whom apologized several times and said our meal would be coming out "in just a minute", absolutely nothing was done to speed the delivery or offer compensation. This was not an inexpensive meal, $140 for 2 people, including drinks. The only thing that stops me from giving a "Terrible" rating is that the food itself is good. Not great, but good.

• Visited December 2011
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Nice bistro”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2011

It's Ok! Nothing wow, just ok. The sushi needed more attention!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere