“Daddy O shines!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Daddy O Hotel

Save Saved
You added Daddy O Hotel to your Saves list
Daddy O Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   9660 East Bay Harbor Drive, Bay Harbor Islands, FL 33154   |
New York, NY
“Daddy O shines!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2014

I have stayed at Daddy O on many occasions, most recently on two occasions, both in May 2014.

The hotel's location is ideal, walking distance from Bal Harbour shops and Surfside restaurants, and safely far enough from the shoddy vulgarity that South Beach has turned into. It is a welcoming place and we felt like arriving at our home away from home on both stays this month.

The staff is professional, welcoming, warm, and efficient. Natalia and Asher stood out during both of our stays. The rooms are pleasant, clean, and modern. They have safes, minibars, a Keurig coffeemaker, and free local, long-distance, and international calls. There is free Wi-Fi everywhere.

Daddy O offers a complimentary breakfast and free water and coffee all day in a small lounge. The free coffee comes from a Starbucks coffeemaker, each serving ground and brewed on the spot. A great touch!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
DaddyOMiami, General Manager at Daddy O Hotel, responded to this review, June 5, 2014
Thank you for choosing Daddy O hotel as your vacation resort. We are very grateful to hear that our stuff greeted you with our friendly service and made your stay comfortable, relaxed and harmonious. We hope that you will choose Daddy O hotel again at your next visit in Miami.
Daddy O

541 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
  • Polish first
Bay Harbor Islands, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

My 5 day stay in Harbor Bay Islands brought me to Daddy O hotel for price and location. What a pleasant surprise. Not only was the room clean, updated, nice TV and a fully stocked mini bar, FREE breakfast, Wednesday Wine, and even better, the staff was awesome. Harold and Richard are the BEST!!! Be sure to enjoy a glass of wine on the patio in the evening, the selections are great. Also, the fact that the Palm restaurant is attached to the building is a huge plus not to mention they have many selections of room service from the great restaurants within walking distance. and the Bal Harbour shopping pavilion is just around the corner. :-)

Room Tip: ask Harold for his recommendation on room!
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for choosing Daddy O hotel as your vacation destination. We are very pleased to hear that our friendly stuff could satisfy all your requests and made your stay fully enjoyable and fun at our charming hotel. We hope it was a great experience for you and hope to see you again at our gorgeous location.
Best Wishes,
Daddy O Team
Manchester, New Hampshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014

Very comfortable and affordable hotel just slightly off of Miami Beach in Bar Harbor Islands. The room was on the small side, but the king bed was very comfortable and everything was very clean. There is a small mini bar in the room along with a Keurig coffee maker. Nice flat screen TV mounted on the wall for easy viewing from the bed. Parking was $12/night extra. There were several nice restaurants within walking distance of the hotel. A continental type breakfast was provided daily in the lobby. Highly recommended.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
DaddyOMiami, General Manager at Daddy O Hotel, responded to this review, May 19, 2014
Thank you, for recommending the Daddy O Hotel we are happy to see another happy guest at the Daddy O.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014 via mobile

This was our second stay at daddy o and with the exception of no elevator, was just as easy a stay. We were pleased to find a mini chiller in the room as we emptied and used for our own items.

We were thrilled to find vonage service still available for calling.

Lovely weather and stay.

• Stayed May 2014
Thank you for staying with us again, we are fortunate to have such a fantastic team as well as location and we will see you again upon your return to the Daddy O Hotel.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

So I'm planning my next trip to Miami in a month and called up the front desk to check rates and availability. I was pleasantly surprised when Harold at the front desk was able to match a low rate that I seen online on Expedia or Orbitz. He reserved the room right then for me, and even put in a request for one of the rooms that I liked the last time I stayed at the Daddy O.

My experience with the staff at Daddy O is that they are quick, pleasant and have a nice sense of humor - everything I'm looking for when I'm on vacation.

Room Tip: I like the 2nd floor because you look out onto the tops of the palm trees planted outside.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your wonderful review. We are happy you enjoyed your stay with us, and look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Miami.
Sincerely
Daddy O Staff
Westford, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

I stayed at the DaddyO while I was in Florida for business purposes from January 24 through April 26. Throughout that time I witnessed the Friendly staff performing at 100% on all levels. When arriving to the Hotel the front desk personnel were attentive and very helpful. I was immediately offered help with my vehicle and Bags, and my reservation confirmation was quick and painless. My room was very clean and comfortable. Coffee and continental breakfast every AM was never disappointing. The front desk is always staffed day or night with very helpful and informed individuals. It was very nice to see that there is always someone visibly cleaning or maintaining the rooms, guest areas and Property.
Courtney Moore is one of the most dedicated, informed and inspired hotel Assistant General Managers I have met during my corporate travels. She runs a very tight ship and her staff has full respect for her. Very Impressive. The General Manager (Lisa) and Courtney work together as a very powerful team Creating the DaddyO experience which can only, always be delightful.

I would recommend this hotel to friends, family & business associates.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
DaddyOMiami, General Manager at Daddy O Hotel, responded to this review, June 19, 2014
Thank you for posting a glowing 5 star review of the Daddy O Hotel on tripadvisor. As the general manager of the “O”, I am happy to read your review and pleased that you took notice of all of our staff members performing at a top level of service. Courtney and I both thank you for mentioning our efforts and look forward to when you return for work or play in the near future. Stop by for coffee anytime.
Best Regards,
Lisa
Avon, Connecticut, USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

I really liked this place for the money. It is a hip little place that is clean and simple. No real amenities but a good deal for the money. The rooms are new, clean, and comfortable. My room was small, water pressure was not great but it served it purpose very well.
It is a little walk to a great beach, shops and restaurants. i would stay there again.

Room Tip: The back of the building is quieter.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for posting a review of the Daddy O Hotel on tripadvisor. We appreciate all the positive feedback that you shared with the world. We are happy to hear that you will return in the future. When you plan on returning please let us know so that we can exceed your expectations a second time.
Best Wishes,
Daddy O Team

Been to Daddy O Hotel? Share your experiences!