I'm so happy we found this little gem in Miami! Thanks to tripadvisor, and I hope my review can do the same for someone else. We had been hopping around changing hotels a few times because Miami was so busy during New Years and we hadnt planned well enough in advance.
We stayed here for 5 nights, in two rooms with a connecting door, we also had a car. The rooms are clean and nicely decorated, modern and just big enough. A continental breakfast is included, which I found to be quite nice, even though its simple.
A really nice lady put out cupcakes, bagels, cream cheese and jams every morning in the lounge, where there is also a nice coffee and juice machine.There is also a really good coffee machine in the room.
Staff is super friendly and eager to please and help which was not very common at other hotels in Miami. They also speak good enligsh which was also not very common at other hotels. Not even at big fancy hotels as Eden Roc.
A few notable things that we thought was really positive;
1. We paid a little extra sum to be able to park our car at the hotel parkinglots.(The hotel has some deal, so you can park by lots with a parking meter) and then its cheaper than if you put in coins yourself also more convenient because then you dont have to get up early every morning and refill). However one night most of the parkinglots were taken probably because of a nearby restaurant. By mistake we parked where we shouldnt have and used our hotel permit, of course we got a ticket. When we showed the ticket to the hotel staff they kinly offered to cover it, without hassle, which we found very nice and accomodating.
2.Pets are allowed, and one night there was a dog barking all night. I called the front desk around 01.00 am complaining, and they apologized saying they were doing all they could to help the owner calm the dog and to work out the problem. When we checked out they apologized again, whithout us bringing it up and said we did not have to pay for parking for the 5 days spent at the hotel because of the dog barking and disturbing our sleep. I thought this was really really nice of them.
3. They allowed for an afternoon checkout without extra charge so we could relax at the beach and then take a shower before checking out and heading to the airport.
On top of these nice gestures staff was attentive, smiling, friendly, laid back and relaxed. They always seemed eager to help you with all kinds of stuff.
They dont have a pool, but I really dont think they need one. We found that pools in Miami are a little bit redunant because the ocean is gorgerous. The hotel is only a short walk from Surfside Beach, which we found to be much nicer than Miami Beach, its just further up Miami Beach and its cleaner, calmer and not even nearly as crowded. Mostly its residents using the beach.
I would stay here again, and recommend this hotel to friends!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Newly renovated in March 2010, our small, stylish boutique hotel provides guests with a sophisticated yet personal experience along with convenient access to South Beach hot spots, dining, shopping, nightlife and beaches. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, HotelTravel.com, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Daddy O Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.