“Red Hats choice” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #38 of 57 Restaurants in Bartow
Cuisines: American
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Between Hendry and Jackson
Description: Our dinner menu features 5 unique options in each category. Our intimate menu will offer several chef specials that will change nightly. 555 is "the place" in Polk County for fine dining. Be prepared to make it your favorite restaurant!
Bartow, Florida
“Red Hats choice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

Our Red Hats chooses to go out for lunches here at least 1x yr with always returning as a group or individuals, They are also available now on mainstreet as Stanford on Main with their same menu plus the special coffees. I am sure it is just as great there but has not been listed at their new address of 135 main street for the summer, check it out!

• Visited April 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Tampa, Florida
“Perfect Mother's Day Outing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012

After looking for a tea room to take my mother for Mother's Day, I heard about the Stanford Inn and how My Girl was filmed there and decided to try it out. We both had a wonderful time! When we arrived, the owner, Tony, greeted us at the door and asked where we would like to sit. Because the place is gorgeous inside and out, we couldn't decide at first whether to sit inside or out on the porch.Tony was welcoming and told us we could take a look around and decide where we wanted to sit. We chose outside because of the beautiful view and atmosphere.

Our waitress was very attentive and pleasant. We both ordered a delicious turkey croissant sandwich with a cranberry cream cheese spread, mouthwatering red pepper tomato soup and a side of potato salad. Everything was sooo good. If you are lucky enough to visit the Inn, I highly recommend the desserts as well which are equally yummy. I got a coconut pastry and my mother got a slice of banana cream pie. I also ordered a pot of Orange and Spice tea and my only problem was that I was too full to finish it all!

My mother was in awe the whole time and it felt great to give her a really nice Mother's Day treat.

• Visited May 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

Ive been to the Stanford inn twice. The first time was for the Sunday brunch. The omlet was good but everything else was cold and we were the first guests there. Food must have been sitting out for awhile. The second time was for lunch. Not worth the prices. Food was cold again. I don't think they can handle a table with more than two people. I think you pay for the atmosphere more than anything else. It's a pretty house and nice to sit on the porch but if your allergic to cats I would not recommend. A cat bothered us the entire time we were on the porch. The waitress said it wasn't their cat so there was nothing they could do about it. The food isn't worth going again. If anything I would consider the Sunday brunch and would sit inside so I'm not bothered by the cat.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Harrington, Maine
“OLDER HOME MADE INTO TEA ROOM LUNCHEONS”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2012

A bit over blown to me ... since the setting was nice but, portions were minimum for the price ... someone else was paying so I kept silent and smiled ... just not my "Cup of tea" .

Visited November 2011
Marion, Illinois
“Way over priced . . .”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2012

Three of us ordered Cora’s Afternoon Tea at 18.50 a meal. Our meal was served on one 3-tiered tray and consisted of 4 very mini finger sandwiches, 3 open faced cucumber breads, 1 1/2 peanut butter cookies, 3 mini brownie wedges and 3 small scones. You call this lunch? That left 2 finger sandwiches the size of a golf ball with 1/2 cookie, a mini brownie and one small scone, and tea for each of us for 18.50 a piece. Horrible. Also we had very poor service. The service gal had only worked 3 days and she was trying to take care of about 30 tables all by herself. The place is overpriced and under staffed. We have dined at other tea rooms that offered very similar for $9 and under. Very disappointing.

• Visited March 2012