“Worst BW hotel ever” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Red Roof Inn Baldwin

You added Red Roof Inn Baldwin to your Saves list
Red Roof Inn Baldwin
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1088 US Highway 301 South, I-10 at Exit 343, Baldwin, FL 32234 (Formerly Best Western Baldwin Inn)   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Baldwin
georgia
“Worst BW hotel ever”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

We were traveling from south Florida to Georgia and wanted to break the trip up. It is rare that I ever book a hotel without checking reviews first but we were on the road and this was our best Best Western option for the distance we wanted to travel. I called and made the reservation over the phone. I am home now and am shocked seeing good reviews. This was the nastiest, worst Best Western ever. The check-in was fine. The young lady at the desk was well-informed and polite. But the room was filthy. The carpet didn't even appear to have been vacuumed. I looked at the bed linens and they appeared clean until closer inspection. I needed an electrical outlet so I moved the night stand. It was filthy. The shower/tub was dirty and I took pictures. There was a bath mat that appeared to have never been cleaned under or around. I wouldn't even take a shower. Our options were limited in the area. My husband was taking some over-the-counter allergy medicine and asked me if I wanted one. I told him I felt like I needed Frontline! During the course of our trip we stayed at other Best Westerns and I have emails requesting for us to do a survey regarding our stay. But not from this one. I can only imagine why! The "adjacent" restaurant is a bad Waffle House. One last tidbit...in front of our parking space was a big fire ant hill.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

I've stayed here three times. The rate is very reasonable, the rooms clean (with refrigerators), and there's free wi-fi. I like the breakfast better than at a Hampton Inn because there's always hard boiled eggs, along with the other normal cereals, rolls, etc. There's a Truck Stop Restaurant next door. They allow pets for a small extra charge.
It's just a block off I-10 at the Hwy 301 exit, and about 20 minutes from downtown Jacksonville.
Everyone working there has always been very friendly.
I intend on staying there again.

Room Tip: They allow pets....at a small extra charge.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Napanee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

Stopped at the Best Western hotel in Baldwin.easy access from the interstate. Nice friendly staff,rooms were clean and comfortable.it is good value,breakfast was the typical contintental style but was very good for a quick bite and then head down the road.

Room Tip: Small town with few choices for meals,but it is what it is.Try the pizza place down the street..it i...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

After ten hours of driving and waiting for friends to show up at the JAX airport, BW at Baldwin was a great place to stay. Breakfast also had some good variety. Quiet, clean, room was not cramped and good beds.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

Room was clean and staff was nice. TV could be better. Stayed one night while traveling. Bed was clean carpet had just been cleaned. There is a truck stop next door but did not bother me. There is not much to choose from as far as eating. Waffle house or fast food. There is a small town up the road with a good bar b que restaurant.

• Stayed July 2012
Carlisle, Pennsylvania, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

The man (from India) at the front desk was nice but the room was from the 50's. Wouldn't take my shoes off to walk on the carpet; no queen size beds (only full) with no frills everywhere. This is the worst Best Western I have stayed at smelled musty, loud air condition unit, tub looked dirty.
When making my reservation I was quoted 49.95 when I arived the room was 69.95. At check-in the gentleman at the desk made it a point to let me know they did see my request, and my room would be in a quiet location. This turned out to be a big mistake! The room was infested with fleas! It was the most disgusting hotel experience I have ever had in my life! I recommend to just keep driving!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Baldwin
BEST WESTERN PLUS Cecil Field Inn & Suites
BEST WESTERN PLUS Cecil Field In...
#49 of 130 in Jacksonville
4.0 of 5 stars 75 reviews
Hampton Inn I-10 West Jacksonville
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chaffee
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suit...
#23 of 130 in Jacksonville
4.5 of 5 stars 72 reviews
Travelodge Suites MacClenny
Jacksonville Plaza Hotel & Suites
Fairfield Inn & Suites Jacksonville West/Chaffee Point

Been to Red Roof Inn Baldwin? Share your experiences!