“Restaurants in Miami Beach” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Collins Avenue
Description: Since 1973, la Goulue has been offering traditional French dishes, in the essence of chic Parisian bistros. Quality ingredients carefully selected, organic products chosen at best, daily arrivals of fresh fish, premium meats, homemade French fries, exceptional pasteries and nostalgic recipes... All the values that contribute to the reputation of our restaurant. Please explore our menu and enjoy your experience at La Goulue Bal Harbour.
Los Angeles, California
“Restaurants in Miami Beach”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

A great place for lunch! Good food, good service, and good people watching! Located in Bal Harbour shops, this is a easy mid day place to grab a glass of wine and a some good food! Sit inside if the heat is to intense for you and its just as good!

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

70% Recommend
San Francisco, California
“Good but not great”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

Food took a while to come to table. The trout was good and my husband had the mussels which was delicious. Quality of food is good but service needs to be worked on!

Visited September 2013
Sunny Isles Beach, Florida
“France international”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

There is always a place for you when nobody has, I love the quiches and france onion soup! Look for place out side is the best !

Visited September 2013
Budapest, Hungary
“Loved it before but not anymore”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013 via mobile

The white wine was warm and the half-empty restaurant, there was no time fillet the fish.Food was good, but not great. Service was okay, but sometimes I felt forgotten by restaurant staff.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Miramar, Florida
“Great Location...Mediocre Service.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

After reading some of the reviews, I was really looking forward to visiting this restaurant, especially since I was fortunate enough to acquire a pre-purchased certificate allowing dinning for two! So I grabbed a friend and headed to charmingly elegant Bal Harbour for what I thought would be a more memorable dining experience.

The décor is indeed very refined and elegant. The outside seating is intimate and attractively decorated in calming earth tones. The prices were quite reasonable for an expected ‘fine dining’ experience. The service we received was mediocre. The server was on the one hand ‘efficient’, yet it bordered on almost being quite impolite, as we were given menus and we could barely finish our sentences when asking about the preparation of a particular dish, when he simply took the menus and decided that we didn’t need to look any further or ask any more questions and placed our lunch orders before we could properly browse the menu and make our own decision! When my lunch guest received her meal (the Tuna Tartar that was hastily chosen for her by our rather presumptuous waiter), she realized that this dish serves the tuna raw--and had she been given a chance to properly read over her menu before the waiter so hastily took it and without answering her questions, she would not have ordered that for herself. The Soufflé and Duck Confit were satisfactory but I didn’t find it exceptional above others that I have had in the past. Half way through my meal, another dish came that I had ordered earlier, and without even asking, while my fork was still in mid-air, this same server simply took away my plate mid-meal! I had to put my hand up and request that he please place my plate back down so that I may finish! I can honestly say the best part of both of our meals was the dessert….It was delectable! Their Red Fruit Crepe and Homemade Raspberry Tart were dishes that were truly delicious.

We visited mid-day on a weekday and while it was very well-attended, there was plenty of available seating and there wasn’t a wait, yet the server seemed to be rapidly rushing us through our dining experience! My friend and I had really looked forward to enjoying a leisurely ‘girls-outing’ lunch experience in pleasant surroundings. The limited interactions that we had with the other staffers reflected a reserved politeness, and the atmosphere, while being beautifully elegant, is certainly not as friendly as many other area restaurants.
La Goulue Overall: the main meals- while good was not great, and the wait staff reflect a thinly veiled pretentious and condescending attitude, but the location and décor is very appealing.

• Visited August 2013