We were looking for a warm weekend getaway and having stayed at the Setai, and Fontainebleau wanted somewhere relaxing and out of the SoBe hustle. The hotel fit the bill perfectly.
Checking in late Friday evening for two nights, the staff immediately recognized we wanted to get to bed and had us in our (upgraded) room in five minutes. The next day we had a great breakfast with excellent, personal and warm service followed by a day at the beach (including great service and complimentary sun screen/water).
Dinner we ate outside the hotel but came back for dessert in the room which was great and prompt. While the wi-fi was broken for half of the stay for the entire hotel, these things happen.
The only issue was, upon preparing to takeoff after checking out Sunday morning, I realized I left a pair of noise cancelling headphones in their case in the bed room. Immediately when I landed back in New York I called the hotel, and was assured they would be found and returned, when I mentioned potential theft, they said "never, not here" and based on my great stay and the hotel's small size I trusted them. The headphones were in a case with my business card and full information.
The next morning, when I called (the hotel said that they would call and never did), I was told that they were never turned in and were not there. Having remembered them exactly in the room, I am very disappointed.
Not only did I follow up notifying the hotel I forgot them within 4 hours of check out, I had my business card and full contact information in the case, not to mention I was assured they would find them.
This was not what I have come to expect from Ritz Carlton hotels.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking the vast expanse of the Atlantic Ocean and just steps from all Miami has to offer, The Ritz-Carlton Bal Harbour, Miami is a luxury oceanfront resort. The resort boasts unparalleled onsite amenities, access to sparkling oceanfront sands and discover the exclusivity of only two elegant accommodations per floor. In each room, guests will enjoy spacious terraces, stunning views of the Atlantic or Intracoastal, elegant decor and 42-inch flat-screen TVs with surround-sound. Suites are beyond spacious, ranging from 1,147 to 2,800 square feet of total floor space and including up to four outdoor terraces and a gourmet kitchen. The Ritz-Carlton Bal Harbour, Miami makes leisure a way of life with its expansive outdoor pool, pristine beach area and full-service spa, featuring a wide range of relaxing and replenishing beauty and well-being treatments. As a family friendly Miami resort, The Ritz-Carlton Bal Harbour, Miami offers the Ritz Kids program that comes with special perks and benefits. The ultra-chic hotel is located near Bal Harbour dining, the famed designer Bal Harbour Shops, art galleries, nightlife and much more, providing easy access to the most exciting Miami activities. An oasis of indulgence nestled along the beautiful blue ocean, The Ritz-Carlton Bal Harbour, Miami is an elite place to gather for an elegant beachfront wedding or a festive celebration with friends and family. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Marriott, Expedia, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Despegar.com, HotelTravel.com, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your The Ritz-Carlton Bal Harbour, Miami reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- One Bal Harbour Resort And Spa
- 1 Bal Harbour Resort & Spa
- One Bal Harbour Hotel Bal Harbour
- Bal Harbour Regent
- Regent Bal Harbour
- The Ritz-Carlton Bal Harbour, Miami Florida