My husband and I decided to go to Miami for Valentine's Day. If I hadn't used American Express points for our stay, I would feel like we had been robbed. As it is, we are out over 587,000 points for a three-day stay that was valued at $1,300 PER NIGHT! There exists no alternate universe in which this hotel is worth this much.
For $1,300, I expect the room to change my life; to be spacious, perhaps with a sitting area or a dressing room. The room had a bed with some furniture crammed around it. We did have a large bathroom, which is great if you plan on spending a lot of time in the bathroom.
I also expect the television not to have images burned into the screen, the espresso machine not to be chipped, the bedside lamp not to be burned out and the shower not to leak all over the bathroom floor.
Although I had specified an ocean view, we had a freeway and an inter-coastal view from the bedroom. We did have an ocean view from the bathroom, which is great if you plan on spending a lot of time in the bathroom.
The spa had just re-opened the day of our arrival, with paper signs on the doors and walls. Many of the lockers were broken in the locker room, as was the men's steam room. It was a no-frills experience, which is not what you want from a luxury spa in a luxury hotel. Since the spa was definitely not ready for a grand re-opening, they should not have charged full price for the experience.
The staff was very earnest and tried really hard, but service was inconsistent. A concierge brought my husband a pair of cufflinks, because there is no gift shop in the hotel. However, we found service in the restaurant to be painfully slow at times, with several requests lost in translation.
The Ritz-Carlton needs to seriously re-evaluate the room rates for this hotel. As it's priced now, I would never go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking the vast expanse of the Atlantic Ocean and just steps from all Miami has to offer, The Ritz-Carlton Bal Harbour, Miami is a luxury oceanfront resort. The resort boasts unparalleled onsite amenities, access to sparkling oceanfront sands and discover the exclusivity of only two elegant accommodations per floor. In each room, guests will enjoy spacious terraces, stunning views of the Atlantic or Intracoastal, elegant decor and 42-inch flat-screen TVs with surround-sound. Suites are beyond spacious, ranging from 1,147 to 2,800 square feet of total floor space and including up to four outdoor terraces and a gourmet kitchen. The Ritz-Carlton Bal Harbour, Miami makes leisure a way of life with its expansive outdoor pool, pristine beach area and full-service spa, featuring a wide range of relaxing and replenishing beauty and well-being treatments. As a family friendly Miami resort, The Ritz-Carlton Bal Harbour, Miami offers the Ritz Kids program that comes with special perks and benefits. The ultra-chic hotel is located near Bal Harbour dining, the famed designer Bal Harbour Shops, art galleries, nightlife and much more, providing easy access to the most exciting Miami activities. An oasis of indulgence nestled along the beautiful blue ocean, The Ritz-Carlton Bal Harbour, Miami is an elite place to gather for an elegant beachfront wedding or a festive celebration with friends and family. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Marriott, Priceline, Despegar.com, HotelTravel.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your The Ritz-Carlton Bal Harbour, Miami reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 1 Bal Harbour Resort & Spa
- One Bal Harbour Hotel Bal Harbour
- One Bal Harbour Resort And Spa
- Bal Harbour Regent
- Regent Bal Harbour
- The Ritz-Carlton Bal Harbour, Miami Florida