“Beyond Amazing Wedding Event” 5 of 5 stars

ONE Bal Harbour Resort & Spa
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   10295 Collins Avenue, Bal Harbour, FL 33154   |
Ranked #2 of 5 hotels in Bal Harbour
NYC/NJ
“Beyond Amazing Wedding Event”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

As a luxury travel agent, I am very selective with what hotels I recommend to my clients but from my first contact with Keith Willard and his phenomenal staff, I knew this was THE place for my clients to hold their wedding event. The hotel is in the beautiful One Bal Harbour area of Miami, is a first class luxury resort with very personalized service. Rooms & suites are spacious with only two rooms to a floor to give that private residence feel & are very Miami chic. There is also another section of the hotel that is private residences so that is why the service & home away from home feel is there. Food is fantastic in the restaurant but the huge difference that makes this hotel so close to perfect is that the staff are really phenomenal. I can't stress this enough!!!! No request is too difficult and if the hotel doesn't have it, they go above & beyond to get it for you. You just don't get this type of attention in the busy resorts in South Beach. You don't have to fight for chairs by the pool and if you are traveling with kids they love to pamper the children. If you feel like shopping and don't have a car, they have a private hotel shuttle to drive you to close locations which is great.

If you are looking to hold an event for your group, like a wedding, Keith Willard is the Event Manager and by far the best one I have ever worked with EVER!! Keith went the extra mile for my clients and he's very patient and professional. I loved that he had already thought to check off items on the list before the bride or myself had addressed them which really emphasized his organizational skills. My clients (very VIP) wanted private butlers and catered brunches in their suite and again, Keith, was able to find the perfect person to attend to them 24/7 that continued the professionalism they had come to expect from him. He also had great taste and style which made the planning easy for my bride as she enjoyed his suggestions and he had lists of vendors so that she could make the planning herself with him from a long distance without any major stress. He always follows up and returns phone calls which is also very important when trying to plan an event from far away. The other thing which really stood out is that they don't get caught up in red tape like many other hotels in the area do. This is important when planning an event because often times what you want to do is not agreeable by the hotel because of 'hotel policy' but that was never an issue for us, even when my clients had requests that would ordinarily be turned down. At the end of it all, my clients felt that the value added (they never felt nickel & dimed like many others hotels do) and the exclusivity of the hotel was well worth the short distance north of South Beach and they liked the classiness of the area without feeling removed from it. If you have any questions or need travel agent assistance, by all means contact me if you have specific questions, especially about One Bal Harbour. My favorite feedback from the bride and guests is that the whole time they were there, they felt like royalty......and you can't get better than that! I always know that my clients trip was amazing when they give me more feedback about the hotel staff or the hotel extras rather than talking about the furniture or décor (which also happens to be pretty great here!).

Room Tip: All rooms have ocean views and are only two to a room so they are all good. Shuttle service is avail...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
ONEBalHarbourResort, General Manager at ONE Bal Harbour Resort & Spa, responded to this review, June 27, 2014
yourtravelchick

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a lengthy review of your experience working a wedding at ONE Bal Harbour. It is so fantastic to know that everything went smoothly for the bridal party and for you. Keith Willard is one of the best in the business and we are so lucky to have him. His design choices and attention to detail make each and every wedding a phenomenal experience. I see that you have reviewed quite a few places and am thrilled that we received your top marks. Hope you are able to come visit us again soon!

227 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
  • Turkish first
Zurich, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

This hotel really surprised me. The staff is incredibly friendly which is very important to me. A BIG thank you to all of you, you made me feel like a real princess! The room was wonderful with a great ocean view.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
ONEBalHarbourResort, General Manager at ONE Bal Harbour Resort & Spa, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
Nina1323

Thank you very much for taking a moment to write a review for ONE Bal Harbour Resort and Spa. I am thrilled that you had a lovely time here and we were able to surprise you with our generous service and spectacular views. Hope you are able to make a return visit for an equally memorable stay with us in the near future.

Cherry Hills Village, Colorado, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

This is a very nice place but I would not put it at my favorite list. Location is just far enough that you need to drive to everything. They do have a hotel car though and the service was outstanding.
Additional observations: Rooms were spacious and nice but I found some furniture to be in bad shape. Example, in the bedroom the chair had a 3" tear in the fabric and in the living room some of the furniture was also noticeably abused. The room was clean but in the kitchen the floors had crumbs around baseboards. Mini-bar/refrigerator options were plentiful but pretty pricey. I read the reviews on the restaurant and thankfully chose to go off property for dinner. We went to J + G at the St. Regis and it was outstanding! When we returned we decided to check out the restaurant bar for a night cap. It was beyond COLD in there!!! My husband and I were so cold that we took our drinks up to the room. (They did offer to bring me a towel to wrap up in though, lol! A towel?!?!) My opinion; if you are going to keep your restaurant this ridiculously cold, you should probably offer a nice blanket for you diners to use.
The pool is nice but not very big, beach location and access looked wonderful and well accommodated. The staff at the pool restaurant were very good at lunch but the food was average. The hotel staff is very friendly, helpful and professional. They are the highlight, the view is also lovely. Overall design of the units are very well done too. Breakfast was nicely done and included in the package...We sat outside, again, it was freezing in there. But hey at least you didn't have to worry about the food sitting out going bad. :) One thing I loved were the bath products offered for use. They smelled amazing and were in full size bottles.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
ONEBalHarbourResort, General Manager at ONE Bal Harbour Resort & Spa, responded to this review, June 4, 2014
Jennifer E

Thank you for taking the time to write a thorough review of your time here at ONE Bal Harbour. I will now take just as much time responding to all your remarks.

- I am delighted to hear that your experience with our house car was positive and left you with a good impression.
- There is no excuse for damaged furniture and that is something that we will address immediately. I will leave my email address at the bottom of my response so you can pass along your room number allowing us to remove those pieces as soon as possible.
- Thank you for bringing up the issues with housekeeping. This is clearly an area that we need to revisit with our staff to ensure that our high standards are maintained throughout every room.
- I am sorry that you didn't feel that Mister Collins wouldn't be able to provide you with satisfactory service. We have made a lot of progress in terms of service and quality lately and know it to be worth a visit. I sincerely hope you come back and give our fine dining restaurant a try.
- We are glad that you found the adjacent beach to be a complement to our intimate pool.
- Our pool and beach staff are genuinely great people and pass their joy on to our guests. I'm glad that you were able to meet and interact with them.
- Again, please email me in regards to your experience with our food service while visiting the pool.
- I too love the in-room products. It's a nice way to find a new favorite.

As I stated above, please email me directly so that we may come to a resolution regarding your dining experience. When you visit us again (which I hope that you do), I want to ensure that these problems have been addressed and resolved. rboparai@obh-fl.com

Thanks again for such a detailed review. Looking forward to having you back here at ONE Bal Harbour.

Buenos Aires, Argentina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

This was our 3rd stay in One Bal Harbour in 4 years, and by far the worst, and even worse, the most expensive stay.

When we arrived early, 11 am for checkin early, which we had requested, we were told that this would not be posible, so we languished 3 hours in a sofá in the lobby after 9 hour flight from Argentina.

I fully appreciate that hotels in general cannot always accommodate guests at whatever hour the airlines dislodge them, but I am confident that a better solution could have been offered rather tan dumping us in the lobby for 3 hours, we had reserved a usd 750 per night suite for a week, so it would seem like a good start to offer something extra....

Anyway, we got to the room, which was very large, airy, and with a a great view of Miami Beach, what wasnt so great was the telephone which wasnt working, so after 1 tecnician decided it was the battery that had gone phut, that was exchanged for another battery, it still didnt work, but we were told it had to charge. So we waited 24 hours for it to charge, which it didnt, then the tech guys came back to this time replaced the pone, now all should be good but it wasnt, the buttons didnt work....so 3rd time was a charm and we finally got a phone which worked.

Breakfast in our suite overlooking the beach and ocean from our balcony what could be better, well the breakfast certainly could, a most peculiar assortment of toasts of completely unimaginable origin always appeared, cold and stale tasting, and after this kept being repeated the Food & Beverage Manager Verónica appeared which an assortment of small buns and things I have never seen, asking us what we would like of this selection, well really none, and proceeded to show her on a tablet what real bread is supposed to look like and certainly in such a high end Hotel and Resort as ONE I would expect this to be way up there, but after a week I can truly say this was an incredible waste of usd 100-150 every morning.

Verónica offered us a bottle of Malbec wine from Argentina, given the fact she knew where we came from, this was more of an odd choice... really ? a bottle or Argentina red for an Argentina couple in Miami ? I would have thought something from Nappy Valley would have been more appropriate....

Anyway our forray into the food offerings on ONE also extended to 2 dinners in the room, ahh the hamburger the staple of all good, and surely something to be treasured in such a splendid Hotel, but alas this was the worst hotel Burger I have ever tasted, and the chips were fried so long they really became charcoal, I thought this was one of those things which can happen, but 2 night later I really did the grave mistake of ordering the falafel Burger, whatever the Chef´s intention was with this offering, I obviously have no idea of, but it was truly awfull, and the now signature charcoalled chips arrived again, so this is obviously how chips are done at the ONE.

When exiting the ONE unto the pool/beach área that is truly a pleasent surprise and being pampered by Mihai and his staff there was always a joy, much less pleasent was the sewage/plumbing problema which affected the whole área, and left the Ladies and gents overflowing, and a residential pool on top of us overflowing....for days....really ? I began to question where we were !

Reentering the hotel from the beach and pool área was really really unhealthy, it was a balmy 90 degr F outside, and a very breezy 75 degr F inside, so unless you had a coat Handy waiting for you inside, a cold was guaranteed, and which we did indeed both get, and still have ! why oh why keep such a ridiculous low temperatura inside ? if you are stuck inside an office all day, it just might be right, I do not know that, but I DO know that it is very very unhealthy to have it to low when you come straight from the beach.

I will finish off this review with a final note, when we got tired of watching the advertisements every 10 minuttes offered on the TV channels, we wanted to watch a movie, but alas, our room was not wired to an internet, thus could not get cable or anything else, after quite a while the tech people, again... got us movies in our bedroom, so we could bring our lunch/dinner into our bed and watch a movie there, which the front desk very kindly offered to us would be free of charge... really !! so we saved usd 21 on those 2 movies we saw, so that left us with a bill for usd 7512 for 1 week in a place which I really cannot recommend to anyone, and certainly will never ever go there again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
ONEBalHarbourResort, General Manager at ONE Bal Harbour Resort & Spa, responded to this review, June 7, 2014
Leslie C

Let me personally apologize for the experience you had here at ONE Bal Harbour. While, as a General Manager, I never want to hear about these kinds of mistakes negatively affecting guest experiences, I appreciate that you pointed them out to us. It allows us to really reflect on our performance and address the major issues that came up during your stay.

I politely request that you email me directly about all of these issues, from the food service you received to the technical housekeeping problems you experienced. You will find my direct email address below.

Rboparai@obh-fl.com
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Enjoy a quiet and peaceful Miami experience for once. Super comfy beds and well designed rooms where even the hotel room art is pretty decent. Impeccable service (which is hard to come by in Miami) and way off the beaten track, though once your there you'll want to stay and bring the party to you. Food options are varied but are not quite as amazing as the rest of the qualities of this resort.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
kenchinyc

Thank you for taking a minute to write a positive review of your time at ONE Bal Harbour. It seems like you know what to pay attention to when traveling to a hotel and we are glad that we have successfully met all your requirements for a great experience!

We are very proud of our art collection and are extremely happy that you explicitly mentioned its fine quality. Next time you come visit us, I suggest that you ask someone for the book detailing all the pieces in our collection. It adds to the experience to know the story behind the art.

I am concerned that you did not experience the same high level of service from our food and beverage department as you did in the rest of the hotel. I would like to know more details surrounding this, so please email me personally at rboparai@obh-fl.com so that we can come to a resolution on this matter.

Christiansted, St. Croix
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

I've stayed at One Bal Harbor Resort many times. The staff is gracious, helpful and ready to help with anything. I had trouble with my rental car a couple of times, and they found the solution both times. The concierge services are excellent. It's so conveniently located, the views are beautiful--I especially love the one from the over-sized molded oval tub! I would definitely return again and again.

Room Tip: I personally like the higher floors in the Atlantic Tower.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
ONEBalHarbourResort, General Manager at ONE Bal Harbour Resort & Spa, responded to this review, May 23, 2014
Amy W.

We are so glad that you took the time to write a review regarding your stay here at ONE Bal Harbour Resort and SPA. We appreciate your continued support. It's always so wonderful to see repeat guests here on property.

It is fantastic that you are enjoying the over-sized tubs. They serve as an excellent place to unwind, especially when a vacation doesn't go as planned like it has with your rental car situation. I am thrilled to learn that our concierge staff has been helpful and served your needs. They are experts on the area and on what Bal Harbour has to offer!

Looking forward to seeing you again.

Encino, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014

The ONE Bal Harbour Resort & Spa has now officially become my "home away from home". Being a California resident for over 45 years after having grown up in Miami Beach, I still have dear friends whom I enjoy visiting often. From the moment I arrive until the time I sadly depart, the ONE is absolute perfection in every way. The valets greet me warmly, the front desk staff is always attentive, providing exemplary service with a smile, the suite is elegant yet comfortably spacious, and the housekeeping staff keeps everything spotlessly clean. Breakfast each morning on the beautiful terrace is not only fresh and delicious, but the "entertainment" of watching the boats passing by is truly a unique experience. And while the pool area is comfortably relaxing, my favorite daytime place is on the beach, stretched out on a chaise lounge under an umbrella and having the beach staff bring me refreshing tropical drinks and yummy food as well. Top this off with a swim in the ocean and it's the perfect vacation. You couldn't ask for anything more!

Room Tip: There are no bad rooms as each room and suite offers excellent views of the ocean, the bay, and the...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
ONEBalHarbourResort, General Manager at ONE Bal Harbour Resort & Spa, responded to this review, May 14, 2014
EJG_CA

Thank you so very much for taking the time to write a review detailing your time here at ONE Bal Harbour. But more importantly, we appreciate your continued visits with us here on property.

It is our pleasure to provide a home away from home to those visiting with us from all over the world. It means a lot to us that you have found that here at ONE Bal Harbour.

The beach and pool area, aside from the spacious bathrooms, are some of my favorite features of ONE. I only wish I had more time to kick back and relax on those chaise lounges that you talked to highly of. You'll just have to come back and do it for me!

Looking forward to seeing you again.

Warmest Regards,
Rikki Boparai

Been to ONE Bal Harbour Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!